Thread: I said way back when._._

Banned
    Platform
    PS4 Pro

I said way back when._._

That pc2 was hurting itself by being anally sim and sacrificing gamplay and fun. And if only they could have collaborated with codemasters. Made sense 2 me. British based devs. One a proven racing sim/game dev and one with great promise. And as cms at the time wernt competing for the same space. Thought between them they would have came up with the ultimate sim game.

Any how just been watching and reading up on grid. And it looks like cms have collaborated in some regard. By not making the same mistakes. Rubbing is racing, ai race each other. Although each car will handle and drive differently. All will have a familiar feel when it cmoes to the user being able to quickly get a feel for different classes rather than spending ages adjusting setups, that only real race engineers and not drivers understand. And omfg. I also said way back when if sms could use a system like the Nemesis system that makes the mordor games epic. It would be a gamechanger and put pcs firmly at number one. Well codemasters must have read my post. Hundreds of ai racers not only with varied traits but they change according to tht ai racers success faliures.

Ok i admit havnt played it. Could fall on its ass and rip my heart out like pc2. But this is a GAME by Codemasters. And if their latest 2 games are any indication. Grid will make every race sim wish it was still a game.

I am sad i loved shift 1 & 2 and pc1. But sms got either lazy or arrogant when they released pc2. Should have delayed release until they had properly tested. And now with codemasters in pcs territory. Sms brief success competing with the big devs i fear is over. The game sms had the vision for is now being released by the best racing game / sim developer in history. Over 30 years off experience developing race games people want to buy and play. And enjoyed. Codemasters have not forgotten or shyed away from the fact no matter how real sim they want to make a race sim. At its core it has to be game first.

In all honesty i havnt picked up pc2 for about a year. But here i am typing this out on a ps4 controller. Because it still hurts and angers me. It took 9 months off updates before the game got to a point to where it should have been from the start

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaredDuck View Post
    But sms got either lazy or arrogant when they released pc2.
    That would be enough to close this thread, just for assuming such a thing without any facts to back it up. Probably banned if Ian come across this. You're on SMS's own forum, in case you forgot.

Anyone who was part of WMD2 will shake his/her head at this statement as well.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think
    The following 9 users likes this Post: Asturbo, bporion, EmilGlockner, GTsimms, hkraft300, Konan, Mad Al, RomKnight, Tank621

Banned
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Feel free to move to right forum. Or delete if it upsets the fanboys. Unless sms come up with something biblical i wont be back. Now sms if you made the love child of shift 2 and pc2. And properly tested it before launch. Then you would have given birth to a gaming sim that millions would still be playing and not by a few hundred blindly loyal fanboys

Banned
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Come off it pc2 on release was a glitchmare. The Top devs wouldnt release something so full of errors.

Banned
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Im sorry if people who tested and dev pc2 are offended. But they did a poor job rushing to launch before gt etc. Rather than be offended they should be holding their hands up and making sincere apologies to those who bought the game in the first few months then invested hundreds off hours trying to enjoy a game hoping the next update is the last. A small dev released a cricket game a few years back full off holes. They went on the national news to apologise. What do sms do. Nothing. Because any post that attempts to moan at the devs is swiftly closed so it cant get any traction so the devs realise how offended paying customers are having bought a game that is only half done. Updates downloaded. Is more gb than on game disk

Platform
    PC
    So it's the same old 'SMS duped us, you fanboys keep defending, the game is unplayable' ranting. Thread closed.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think
    The following 12 users likes this Post: Asturbo, Bealdor, bporion, cluck, cpcdem, Dookie, EmilGlockner, GTsimms, Konan, Mad Al, Tank621, wesker6664

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    For clarification: we welcome criticism but what we won't put up with is insulting the devs on their own forum and calling everyone who likes the game "fanboys"
    It took you a year to come up with what you wrote so apparently that wasn't long enough to come to your senses... No third time though... Enjoy your freedom from this fanboy forum.
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!
    The following 10 users likes this Post: bporion, dault3883, EmilGlockner, GTsimms, Keena, Mad Al, MuddyPaws73, Sankyo, SlowBloke, Tank621