Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Question about physics

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by nono782 View Post
    I’m using the paddles of my g27 (this wheel doesn’t want to die lol)

Rev matching ? isn’t it an assetto corsa feature (auto blip) ?
    Does't PC2 always auto-blip/rev match?

I also drive with paddles and use clutch only for starts. In AC, if I don't enable auto-blip, cars will sometimes spin under me on downshifts, I think because sudden engine braking applied to rear wheels breaks traction and the wheels just slide. Even if they don't spin, there is a clear jerk and a tire squeal. I have never experienced any of that in PC2, so I assumed the game auto blips.

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    In pcars 2, you sometimes can change the value of engine braking in the car setup.
    But no auto blip.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by PawelK View Post
    Does't PC2 always auto-blip/rev match?

I also drive with paddles and use clutch only for starts. In AC, if I don't enable auto-blip, cars will sometimes spin under me on downshifts, I think because sudden engine braking applied to rear wheels breaks traction and the wheels just slide. Even if they don't spin, there is a clear jerk and a tire squeal. I have never experienced any of that in PC2, so I assumed the game auto blips.
    There's no auto blip AFAIK, that's sort of covered by the 'perfect synchromesh' that the gearbox model uses. Wheels locking on downshifts can still happen in pC2, if you downshift so fast that the engine hits the rev limiter.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think

Platform
    PC
    There is auto blip, even with automatic clutch disabled. But only on cars that have it irl (like GT3 cars for example).
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1
    The following 3 users likes this Post: bmanic, hkraft300, Sankyo

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sankyo View Post
    There's no auto blip AFAIK, that's sort of covered by the 'perfect synchromesh' that the gearbox model uses. Wheels locking on downshifts can still happen in pC2, if you downshift so fast that the engine hits the rev limiter.
    Wheels definately lock on downshifts- ive managed it in spectacular fashion in my formula rookie using my H shifter- 4th to 1st leads to a broken engine and red faces in the gravel..

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Keena View Post
    Wheels definately lock on downshifts- ive managed it in spectacular fashion in my formula rookie using my H shifter- 4th to 1st leads to a broken engine and red faces in the gravel..
    Yeah the Frookie is a good car to do this
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think
    The following user likes this Post: Keena

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Keena View Post
    Wheels definetely lock on downshifts- ive managed it in spectacular fashion in my formula rookie using my H shifter- 4th to 1st leads to a broken engine and red faces in the gravel..
    I generally meant that there would be no lock up (or far less than in AC) when NOT hitting the limiter.

Having said that, just yesterday I did 2 online Formula Rookie races (it's a glorious car), I was sideways a lot, out of track several times, but always due to poor racing technique as in braking too late, or just wanting to have fun. For sure I hit the limiter more than a few times. I was never caught by this type of downshift-related lockup, which has hit me often in AC (in cars from Toyota 86 to Tatuus).

Could it be that PC2 autoblips when paddles are used but doesn't with H-shifter?

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    As Bealdor said, it autoblips cars that do actually autoblip in real life, like GT3 cars, but it does not autoblip cars like vintage GTs, which did not have this functionality. You can easily see when autoblip happens, just watch the speedometer while downshifting in GT3s, you will see the throttle input (green line) briefly spiking at that moment.

But what is really strange in PCARS2, is that when you have autoclutch enabled, then not only it blips downshifts in GT3 cars which is correct of course, but it also engages some fantasy clutch pedal as well, making downshifts even more fluent. And what's even stranger, apparently it uses such a clutch input even on upshifts! This is why it is slower having autoclutch enabled, even when you race in GT3 cars. I really hope such bizarre things will go away in PCARS3.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: bmanic, Keena

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    You can easily see when autoblip happens, just watch the speedometer while downshifting in GT3s, you will see the throttle input (green line) briefly spiking at that moment.
    Yeah, I rarely watch the gauge that closely in race, and I think PC2 does not show it in replays (unlike AC, which [optionally] does, like here I have nice throttle blips e.g. when braking for Druids, which I did not do myself, it was the game's auto-blip)

YBut what is really strange in PCARS2, is that when you have autoclutch enabled, then not only it blips downshifts in GT3 cars which is correct of course, but it also engages some fantasy clutch pedal as well, making downshifts even more fluent. And what's even stranger, apparently it uses such a clutch input even on upshifts! This is why it is slower having autoclutch enabled, even when you race in GT3 cars. I really hope such bizarre things will go away in PCARS3.
    That's probably the explanation. I do have autoclutch enabled in PC2 (not in AC, because it prevents using clutch for launches there). Maybe I'll try some driving without it, though on the other hand it will be weird with a sequential paddle shifter, which for now is my only way to change gears in sims. Also I typically keep my left foot on the brake and use it for braking, as I do in karting and also in road cars with automatic gearbox, with or without sequential shifters. Only if I get a manual rental I switch to right-foot braking. Maybe I'll do more of that in PC2 when (if?) I buy an H-shifter.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    A then not only it blips downshifts in GT3 cars which is correct of course, but it also engages some fantasy clutch pedal as well,
    I thought GT3 cars had clutch pedals.
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300