Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FFB Help

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    Oh that's very strange. I'd check the logitech driver settings, maybe something weird is there. Is "Allow games to adjust settings" enabled? Also make sure that everything else (like dampening effects) are disabled in the driver.
    Hey cpcdem, hope youre well. Sorry to stick my nose in- for a complete idiot like me how do you check/adjust driver settings? Do you go into the C drive files etc?
    I dont really need to but with an ageing g920 it might be good knowledge to accumulate
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem

Platform
    PC
    Adjusting the FX_Smoothing will help reduce the G920/29 gear grinding noises.
    Shneeb108 (Peter Stefani) i7-8750H 9GB SC / GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5 / 16GB DDR4 2666MHz / 250GB 970 EVO M.2 SSD / 1TB 860 EVO SSD / G920-GTEYE / Playseat Evo / LG-27GL850 / FFB- Modified UFFB for G920 / Racing SIM Tools.com - Member
    The following user likes this Post: Keena

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by ShneebnaMRR108 View Post
    Adjusting the FX_Smoothing will help reduce the G920/29 gear grinding noises.
    Great info! Any chance of a file location because I need all the help I can get and Im sure the OP does too

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by AYZR View Post
    With your settings on the console and pc, I get the vibration and lots of clipping on these cars. All other cars are fine. If the intense vibration wasn't so unbearable I could simply learn to tolerate it. I shouldn't have to, since there is no good reason these specific cars have this vibration and the others don't, but I could. It just isn't possible with the wheel jerking out of your hand because you tried to drive in a straight line in a road car. The clipping I could learn to live with but every sim racer ever will tell you clipping is to be avoided. Common sense tells that too. Wheel weight without clipping or vibration on a cheap wheel is possible. SMS manages it with most the cars in the game. Every other racing game manages it just fine. Am I supposed to believe that SMS can't allow a road car to drive a straight line without this insane vibration? I wish I could show you the wheel and noise along with what the FFB widget is doing when the vibration starts! If the floppy wheel wasn't so difficult to drive with, I could try to get used to it. As such, on these cars, even a non FFB wheel feels better.
    You should not be getting strong vibrations or any clipping. That is not normal behavior.

I can live with the very unfortunate bugs in career mode, the misleading setting descriptors and just plain backwards at times UI. Happily. Most the game is great. The wheel needs to work though. How is it right to list g29 as a compatible wheel when a third of the cars in the came don't work properly with it? Certainly the developers haven't the respect to even answer the question. Simply search the internet "Logitech wheel project cars 2 intense vibration". You'll see many others with this issue. The developer never responds. Am I really to believe all these users have bad drivers or settings? You forget my 40 plus hours of dealing with this game. Logitech software has been installed and deleted many times. Drivers as well. You don't play project cars, you beta test it!
    It's listed as compatible because it is. And here's a tip I found when googling...
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/37886...6297681334243/

It's not enough to uninstall the software. You need to clean the registry. Use something like Revo Uninstaller, scan and clean the registry. Wipe the driver. Unplug the wheel. Reboot. Plug the wheel back in. Install the software.

You yourself say there is vibration and you have not checked to see about clipping. Both are there with your settings. This is a problem with these wheels and this particular game and these particular cars. All other racing games plus sims are great with Logitech g29. Even project cars 2, with most cars. But these specific cars, there is a problem. Is this game not supposed to be a simulation? Why am I asked to accept such unrealistic behavior? A formula one car has less feedback in the wheel than road car? No. I think the answer to my problem is to use project cars 2 for the good cars and ignore the bad. Like gran Turismo games. There are "premium" cars that are very nice and cars that not as much care is given to. I will return to Iracing for sim, this is simcade at best with such unrealistic implementation. Thank you for attempting to help but you and I cant recode the game. It very clearly is what it is. The game is EOL. Maybe the SMS console will work properly but after paying so much money to essentially beta test SMS games and be ignored, my hopes aren't high.
    I said there is some unnecessary noise, like in road texture, but that it's very mild. There's absolutely no clipping. Not even close. Laguna Seca is a very smooth track. I tried it with the EVO 9; sliding around, hitting curbs, crashing... No clipping whatsoever. I can get a little clipping with the EVO 9 at Nurburgring, by going too fast through the carousel and crashing into the guard rails.

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by AYZR View Post
    Can you tell me how to view/change dampening effects on the driver? The only settings logitech gaming software really shows are wheel rotation and allow game to adjust settings, which is always on
    Ah yes, those settings used to be in the driver screen, but in the later versions they got removed. You can access the from the registry now, can't remember the exact keys, but once I'm on my PC will tell you which ones exactly.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    Ah yes, those settings used to be in the driver screen, but in the later versions they got removed. You can access the from the registry now, can't remember the exact keys, but once I'm on my PC will tell you which ones exactly.
    Any update on this?

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Sorry, forgot about it, the wheel keys are under "\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\Gaming Software\DriverSettings\<your wheel ID>" and all the keys need to be at zero, except for ForceEnabled = 1 and OverallStrength = 10000 (which means 100%), see also screenshot. Note that some games may be adjusting those values directly, so you may need to reset them again...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	G29_registry.png 
Views:	20 
Size:	18.8 KB 
ID:	273170
    The following user likes this Post: Keena