Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FFB Help

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

FFB Help

Can someone please explain to me how to remove the intense vibration on the G29 wheel when driving every road car, the kart and the ginetta g4? I am having this problem on the PC version. I had the same problem on the PS4 but it was resolved by setting volume to zero. This provided wheel weight and no surface detail, which is apparently what causes the vibration. However, volume on zero on pc simply leaves me with a loose floppy wheel and a car that is impossible to control. I have tried every possible configuration of FFB in game and even custom FFB files to no avail. No matter what I do I either get a floppy wheel or intense vibration. The vibration is extremely loud and uncomfortable and feels as though it is going to break the wheel. Internet search will reveal that this is a problem with project cars 2 and the G29, not unique to me. All other games feel great. All other cars feel amazing in the game. The actual race cars provide wheel weight and surface detail but it seems these road cars are just bugged. Can someone tell me why this happens or how to fix it? The closest thing Ive found that helps is to eliminate caster angle. Doing this on the Kart helped on some, but not all, tracks. This setting is either unadjustable or does not go do zero on many of these cars though. So this is no solution. Or can someone perhaps explain how to replicate setting volume to zero on the PS4? Volume at zero was perfect on console. Why not on the PC? How do I fix this? After almost 40 hours of trying, I am at my wits end. This game is so good, despite its vast number of ignored bugs, but this is one I cant simply learn to live with. I paid 20 dollars for this game on a console, put a setting at zero and had a great experience. Then I pay steams ridiculous price to get it on PC just for 40hours of beta testing and no success. No fun. The G29 is the most common entry level wheel, but a third of the cars in the game don't function with it? Surely this cant be right? I am so frustrated. Thank you for your time and I hope you can help me!

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Ffb is very personal and I can assure you the game isn't bugged and your wheel is ok. I had a g920, basically the same wheel and had about 1000 hours use with pcars2 and didn't have any issues.

These wheels are gear driven and make more noise than many others but they also give lots of high frequency detail compared to budget belt drive wheels.

If you what a calmer ffb then avoid immersive, use tone above 50, FX less than 10. Adjust volume to taste and to find the clipping level you prefer. Raw has the most gentle presentation.
    Xboxx, 58 inch TV, real fov 80, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec csw2.5, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Volume is how heavy the wheel feels. I suggest binding this to buttons on your wheel to quickly adjust depending on car.

Tone balances surface detail and tire slip. Higher values give more feeling of slip and less surface detail.

FX sets the strength of surface detail.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I read a very interesting thread about GAIN. Apparently its a bit like the volume control on a stereo where if its too loud it distorts the signal. Im on PC with a G920 and adjusted mine to 80, volume at 60, fx at 100! Yup, fx at 100. On immersive Ive found dialling down gain to 80 allows the full range of signals to get through without clipping.

Ive been playing PC2 since launch and only read about this a couple of weeks ago. Its been a total experience changer. Its been said never touch the gain just leave it on 100. Well evidence suggests to me that argument might just be flawed.

Out of interest i treat Tone as a weather dependant setting
    Last edited by Keena; 21-08-2019 at 14:12.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskarspants View Post
    Ffb is very personal and I can assure you the game isn't bugged and your wheel is ok. I had a g920, basically the same wheel and had about 1000 hours use with pcars2 and didn't have any issues.

These wheels are gear driven and make more noise than many others but they also give lots of high frequency detail compared to budget belt drive wheels.

If you what a calmer ffb then avoid immersive, use tone above 50, FX less than 10. Adjust volume to taste and to find the clipping level you prefer. Raw has the most gentle presentation.
    I am using informative or raw always unless trying custom FFB files. Unless volume is at 0 I get the unrealistic and annoying vibration. Unless volume is at anything but 0, tone has no effect. FX is always at 0 on the cars with the vibration. Are you saying the wheel is creating this high frequency detail, but it isn't supposed to be there? How do I turn it off? I either have a floppy wheel or an intense, unrealistic vibration no matter what I do? I have tried all the in game settings already.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Keena View Post
    I read a very interesting thread about GAIN. Apparently its a bit like the volume control on a stereo where if its too loud it distorts the signal. Im on PC with a G920 and adjusted mine to 80, volume at 60, fx at 100! Yup, fx at 100. On immersive Ive found dialling down gain to 80 allows the full range of signals to get through without clipping.

Ive been playing PC2 since launch and only read about this a couple of weeks ago. Its been a total experience changer. Its been said never touch the gain just leave it on 100. Well evidence suggests to me that argument might just be flawed.

Out of interest i treat Tone as a weather dependant setting
    I have tried with lower gain but its loose and floppy at values of up to about 20, at which the vibration begins. Its either floppiness or vibration with these cars. I don't understand. How can the rest of the cars feel so good except these? Cars do not behave like this. I have driven several of the cars im struggling with in reality. No intense vibration in the wheel! No floppiness! A real vehicle gives almost no surface detail and only moderate wheel weight. This is what I'm looking for.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregow View Post
    Volume is how heavy the wheel feels. I suggest binding this to buttons on your wheel to quickly adjust depending on car.

Tone balances surface detail and tire slip. Higher values give more feeling of slip and less surface detail.

FX sets the strength of surface detail.
    Sadly changing the in game settings doesn't help me. Its either floppiness or insane vibration. I could live with the discomfort of the vibration, but its just so loud!

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I was having the same issue with my G29 in PC platform, I set FX to zero and Volume to 8-15 depending on the car (Tone is at 60) and it feels fine now.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by AYZR View Post
    I have tried with lower gain but its loose and floppy at values of up to about 20, at which the vibration begins. Its either floppiness or vibration with these cars. I don't understand. How can the rest of the cars feel so good except these? Cars do not behave like this. I have driven several of the cars im struggling with in reality. No intense vibration in the wheel! No floppiness! A real vehicle gives almost no surface detail and only moderate wheel weight. This is what I'm looking for.
    I have neither of those problems with my G29 wheel. My settings are:

Raw
    Gain 100
    Volume to taste, maybe around 35-45 depending on car
    Tone 50
    FX 0

Sure, there's surface detail but no intense vibration or rattling, nor any floppiness.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregow View Post
    I have neither of those problems with my G29 wheel. My settings are:

Raw
    Gain 100
    Volume to taste, maybe around 35-45 depending on car
    Tone 50
    FX 0

Sure, there's surface detail but no intense vibration or rattling, nor any floppiness.
    If you for example take the lancer ix on laguna seca do you get vibrations or clipping? Using this example and your settings i am getting both. Check your feedback widget on the telemetry screen.