Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FFB Help

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by AYZR View Post
    If you for example take the lancer ix on laguna seca do you get vibrations or clipping? Using this example and your settings i am getting both. Check your feedback widget on the telemetry screen.
    Don’t know when I’ll be home from work to double check it. Meanwhile, I’m pretty darn sure I’m not even close to clipping the FFB. I mean, look... I hate it when the wheel just vibrates and rubles and I’ve never driven a real car - power steering or not - on any surface where it just shakes and vibrates. Perhaps on cars with really hard bushings or uniballs you’ll get a lot of rattling and vibration. So, I think we are on the same page here. I prefer to just have some reasonable weight to the wheel and be able to feel the slip of the front wheels, which you certainly can do on a real car. Now, granted, my settings have some unnecessary noise in my opinion, but it’s very mild. At least to actual feel (I always use headphones when driving so I don’t know how it sounds).

Anyhow, here’s what I think. To me the FFB of PC2 is actually very good. I think you might have got some messed up drivers/settings. Try uninstalling any Logitech software with an uninstaller than helps you clean the registry. Then install the Logitech gaming software. Don’t use the new G Hub, or whatever it’s called. That new stuff is buggy as shit.

Then make sure, in the Logitech software settings, that it allows games to control the settings.

Here’s another tip. When you start trying out your settings, start with a very low volume and increase it with the buttons on the wheel. I had a bug once that nearly broke my wheel. It just went oscillating like mad, on full power, when I started a race. Not very nice. So start low to make sure it don’t act weird.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregow View Post
    Don’t know when I’ll be home from work to double check it. Meanwhile, I’m pretty darn sure I’m not even close to clipping the FFB. I mean, look... I hate it when the wheel just vibrates and rubles and I’ve never driven a real car - power steering or not - on any surface where it just shakes and vibrates. Perhaps on cars with really hard bushings or uniballs you’ll get a lot of rattling and vibration. So, I think we are on the same page here. I prefer to just have some reasonable weight to the wheel and be able to feel the slip of the front wheels, which you certainly can do on a real car. Now, granted, my settings have some unnecessary noise in my opinion, but it’s very mild. At least to actual feel (I always use headphones when driving so I don’t know how it sounds).

Anyhow, here’s what I think. To me the FFB of PC2 is actually very good. I think you might have got some messed up drivers/settings. Try uninstalling any Logitech software with an uninstaller than helps you clean the registry. Then install the Logitech gaming software. Don’t use the new G Hub, or whatever it’s called. That new stuff is buggy as shit.

Then make sure, in the Logitech software settings, that it allows games to control the settings.

Here’s another tip. When you start trying out your settings, start with a very low volume and increase it with the buttons on the wheel. I had a bug once that nearly broke my wheel. It just went oscillating like mad, on full power, when I started a race. Not very nice. So start low to make sure it don’t act weird.
    With your settings on the console and pc, I get the vibration and lots of clipping on these cars. All other cars are fine. If the intense vibration wasn't so unbearable I could simply learn to tolerate it. I shouldn't have to, since there is no good reason these specific cars have this vibration and the others don't, but I could. It just isn't possible with the wheel jerking out of your hand because you tried to drive in a straight line in a road car. The clipping I could learn to live with but every sim racer ever will tell you clipping is to be avoided. Common sense tells that too. Wheel weight without clipping or vibration on a cheap wheel is possible. SMS manages it with most the cars in the game. Every other racing game manages it just fine. Am I supposed to believe that SMS can't allow a road car to drive a straight line without this insane vibration? I wish I could show you the wheel and noise along with what the FFB widget is doing when the vibration starts! If the floppy wheel wasn't so difficult to drive with, I could try to get used to it. As such, on these cars, even a non FFB wheel feels better.

I can live with the very unfortunate bugs in career mode, the misleading setting descriptors and just plain backwards at times UI. Happily. Most the game is great. The wheel needs to work though. How is it right to list g29 as a compatible wheel when a third of the cars in the came don't work properly with it? Certainly the developers haven't the respect to even answer the question. Simply search the internet "Logitech wheel project cars 2 intense vibration". You'll see many others with this issue. The developer never responds. Am I really to believe all these users have bad drivers or settings? You forget my 40 plus hours of dealing with this game. Logitech software has been installed and deleted many times. Drivers as well. You don't play project cars, you beta test it!

You yourself say there is vibration and you have not checked to see about clipping. Both are there with your settings. This is a problem with these wheels and this particular game and these particular cars. All other racing games plus sims are great with Logitech g29. Even project cars 2, with most cars. But these specific cars, there is a problem. Is this game not supposed to be a simulation? Why am I asked to accept such unrealistic behavior? A formula one car has less feedback in the wheel than road car? No. I think the answer to my problem is to use project cars 2 for the good cars and ignore the bad. Like gran Turismo games. There are "premium" cars that are very nice and cars that not as much care is given to. I will return to Iracing for sim, this is simcade at best with such unrealistic implementation. Thank you for attempting to help but you and I cant recode the game. It very clearly is what it is. The game is EOL. Maybe the SMS console will work properly but after paying so much money to essentially beta test SMS games and be ignored, my hopes aren't high.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    With your settings on the console and pc, I get the vibration and lots of clipping on these cars. All other cars are fine. If the intense vibration wasn't so unbearable I could simply learn to tolerate it. I shouldn't have to, since there is no good reason these specific cars have this vibration and the others don't, but I could. It just isn't possible with the wheel jerking out of your hand because you tried to drive in a straight line in a road car. The clipping I could learn to live with but every sim racer ever will tell you clipping is to be avoided. Common sense tells that too. Wheel weight without clipping or vibration on a cheap wheel is possible. SMS manages it with most the cars in the game. Every other racing game manages it just fine. Am I supposed to believe that SMS can't allow a road car to drive a straight line without this insane vibration? I wish I could show you the wheel and noise along with what the FFB widget is doing when the vibration starts! If the floppy wheel wasn't so difficult to drive with, I could try to get used to it. As such, on these cars, even a non FFB wheel feels better.

I can live with the very unfortunate bugs in career mode, the misleading setting descriptors and just plain backwards at times UI. Happily. Most the game is great. The wheel needs to work though. How is it right to list g29 as a compatible wheel when a third of the cars in the came don't work properly with it? Certainly the developers haven't the respect to even answer the question. Simply search the internet "Logitech wheel project cars 2 intense vibration". You'll see many others with this issue. The developer never responds. Am I really to believe all these users have bad drivers or settings? You forget my 40 plus hours of dealing with this game. Logitech software has been installed and deleted many times. Drivers as well. You don't play project cars, you beta test it!

You yourself say there is vibration and you have not checked to see about clipping. Both are there with your settings. This is a problem with these wheels and this particular game and these particular cars. All other racing games plus sims are great with Logitech g29. Even project cars 2, with most cars. But these specific cars, there is a problem. Is this game not supposed to be a simulation? Why am I asked to accept such unrealistic behavior? A formula one car has less feedback in the wheel than road car? No. I think the answer to my problem is to use project cars 2 for the good cars and ignore the bad. Like gran Turismo games. There are "premium" cars that are very nice and cars that not as much care is given to. I will return to Iracing for sim, this is simcade at best with such unrealistic implementation. Thank you for attempting to help but you and I cant recode the game. It very clearly is what it is. The game is EOL. Maybe the SMS console will work properly but after paying so much money to essentially beta test SMS games and be ignored, my hopes aren't high.
    There is nothing wrong with the feedback I assure you.

The vibration you complain of is ffb detail and because your wheel has gears it will at times make a noise. If you want a more relaxed wheel with less high frequency detail I suggest, again, higher tone, low FX and adjust volume to avoid clipping, use raw or informative.

Do be aware that all Sims produce more detail in the ffb than you would find in a real car, the wheel is leveraged to provide much of the forces missing such as g forces and tyre scrabble that you would feel through your body.

Also be aware that different cars will often feel very different as you would expect but on a low torque wheel such as yours you will need to adjust volume to avoid clipping to make the most of the limited dynamic range you have available on the g29/27/920.
    Last edited by Zaskarspants; 24-08-2019 at 11:01.

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC

Did you read my reply? As I said I had the same issue as you, but adjusted the FFB settings and it is working fine now.
    The following user likes this Post: Zaskarspants

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    Did you read my reply? As I said I had the same issue as you, but adjusted the FFB settings and it is working fine now.
    I did read your response. Did your read mine? With your settings i get clipping.

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I did read your response. Did your read mine? With your settings i get clipping.
    You are getting clipping with FX = 0 and Volume = 10 ???

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskarspants View Post
    There is nothing wrong with the feedback I assure you.

The vibration you complain of is ffb detail and because your wheel has gears it will at times make a noise. If you want a more relaxed wheel with less high frequency detail I suggest, again, higher tone, low FX and adjust volume to avoid clipping, use raw or informative.

Do be aware that all Sims produce more detail in the ffb than you would find in a real car, the wheel is leveraged to provide much of the forces missing such as g forces and tyre scrabble that you would feel through your body.

Also be aware that different cars will often feel very different as you would expect but on a low torque wheel such as yours you will need to adjust volume to avoid clipping to make the most of the limited dynamic range you have available on the g29/27/920.
    But even with your recommendations, i get the incredibly loose floppy wheel. Is there no way to simply provide some wheel weight with no surface feedback? On the console, my problems are solved by simply setting volume to zero. On my pc, that just gives the floppy wheel. I cant control a car with the loose wheel. Even the slighest input sends the car careening across the track.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    You are getting clipping with FX = 0 and Volume = 10 ???
    Yes. Unless i decrease gain to almost nothing, in which case i get the floppy wheel.

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Yes. Unless i decrease gain to almost nothing, in which case i get the floppy wheel.
    Oh that's very strange. I'd check the logitech driver settings, maybe something weird is there. Is "Allow games to adjust settings" enabled? Also make sure that everything else (like dampening effects) are disabled in the driver.
    The following user likes this Post: Keena

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Oh that's very strange. I'd check the logitech driver settings, maybe something weird is there. Is "Allow games to adjust settings" enabled? Also make sure that everything else (like dampening effects) are disabled in the driver.
    Can you tell me how to view/change dampening effects on the driver? The only settings logitech gaming software really shows are wheel rotation and allow game to adjust settings, which is always on