Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: man, pc2 career mode really is a glorified list of races to grind through

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Well IRL some drivers are faster on some tracks than others and i've seen average drivers getting close to winning when it rains... To get as close to real life as possible i never change the difficulty.
    You win some, you lose some and that's how it is out in the real racing world (extraordinary talents excluded)
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Javaniceday, Zaskarspants

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    Well IRL some drivers are faster on some tracks than others and i've seen average drivers getting close to winning when it rains... To get as close to real life as possible i never change the difficulty.
    You win some, you lose some and that's how it is out in the real racing world (extraordinary talents excluded)
    It doesn't work for me because it feels fake. The issue that EVERYBODY ELSE is faster on that track, or slower on the other, or faster in quali, slower in the rain, etc..
    If things were shuffled around a bit I wouldn't care, but like that it feels really fake.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by nuNce View Post
    It doesn't work for me because it feels fake. The issue that EVERYBODY ELSE is faster on that track, or slower on the other, or faster in quali, slower in the rain, etc..
    If things were shuffled around a bit I wouldn't care, but like that it feels really fake.
    Well, Konan is trying to make the best of a less than perfect situation, which I appreciate. I appreciate the game for what it is. I just hope SMS sees this thread, and hopefully they agree and work to improve the game to address these concerns.
    The following user likes this Post: Keena

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    It is highly optimistic to expect never to have to adjust the ai slider as a human driver's talents are so variable, unless you are a very exceptional driver.

Everyone is better with some Combos and worse with others. I just finished a set of six TT challenges on ' stoopid challenges' and my results are fourth or fifth in general, but on one I finished 13th. See? I vary more in my skills than the ai, and so will most people.

The ai provide a consistent target for us inconsistent racers and the ai slider is there for you to use to adjust for those differences if you choose to.

Edit, toned down
    Last edited by Zaskarspants; 12-09-2019 at 11:41.
    Xboxx, 58 inch TV, real fov 80, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec csw2.5, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskarspants View Post
    It is highly optimistic to expect never to have to adjust the ai slider as a human driver's talents are so variable, unless you are a very exceptional driver.

Everyone is better with some Combos and worse with others. I just finished a set of six TT challenges on ' stoopid challenges' and my results are fourth or fifth in general, but on one I finished 13th. See? I vary more in my skills than the ai, and so will most people.

The ai provide a consistent target for us inconsistent racers and the ai slider is there for you to use to adjust for those differences if you choose to.

Edit, toned down
    True, but it is also true that the AI is very inconsistent. Both in the same track and car (very fast in some corners and veeeery slow in some others) and in different combos. Of course this not a problem of PCARS only!
    The following 2 users likes this Post: chastewand, Zaskarspants

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    True, but it is also true that the AI is very inconsistent. Both in the same track and car (very fast in some corners and veeeery slow in some others) and in different combos. Of course this not a problem of PCARS only!
    Yea, I think the ai follow normal fast lines and when racing you can gain on them by using kerbs, cuts and clever moves. If you can use the slip angles well you can gain on them, the ai's do not plan moves like a human so they usually take a more conservative approach than a human driver.
    Xboxx, 58 inch TV, real fov 80, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec csw2.5, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I never mind adjusting ai levels for different cars or tracks except 100 for example should always be actually possible to beat. Sometimes 100 is 4 or 5 seconds behind you per lap other times 4 or 5 ahead. That's not driver weakness on a particular car or track as the times they make lap after lap are often several seconds faster than any human ever made in time trial. That's using race fuel and tires too!
    The following user likes this Post: REXPITVIPER1

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskarspants View Post

Edit, toned down
    There is a difference between being pragmatic, and looking at the game with rose-tinted glasses. I love the game, but I can also see its flaws, and hope for them to be corrected to make the game even better.

You do recognize the game's faults, right?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I think most do, including Ian Bell if his well publicised comments mean what I believe them to. Everything could be better though, and everything has flaws, some worse than others depending on ones individual perspective or priority. Within the confines of what we do have as opposed to what we could have is the context of what we can do as opposed to what we could do. Im starting to sound like Donald Rumsfeld so ill stop there
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Alright, here is a start on my concept with Tier Eight (the easy one to do):

Tier Eight - Kart One World Championship

Round One: Glencairn East (March)
    Round Two: Glencairn West (April)
    Round Three: Chesterfield (May)
    Round Four: Dubai Kartodrome (June)
    Round Five: Glencairn (July)
    Round Six: Le Circuit Karting (August)
    Round Seven: Summerton GP (September)
    Round Eight: Greenwood (October)

Format: Sprint Race (Random Grid), Main Race (Grid Based off Race One results)

Entries: 12 entries, each from an individual team

Progression: 1st in points= 10% chance of offer per Tier 7 team, Top 3 in points=1% chance of offer per Tier 7 team.

Notes:
    There are 150 teams (in 15 series and 3 disciplines) in Tier Seven, although this is up to 180 teams with DLCs.
    The 'short' calendar includes 4 rounds, generated at random.
    On 'Easy' the default difficulty is 0, on 'Medium' it is 30 and on 'Hard' it is 60.

A revision to my previous 'minimum' difficulty, and this is my new concept:
    -At the start of the career you can select Easy, Medium, Hard or N/A.
    -Each of these options auto-sets a difficult for each series.
    -You have the option to adjust the difficult away from the auto-set at any point, but also to return it to without needing to do it manually.
    -If you win a Tier One series on an auto-set difficulty, you get the option to increase the difficulty to the next auto-set level. This would be a large jump, so the game advises moving down a tier or two if you do this.
    -This gives a sense of 'beating' the game, but you can still set it how you like if you want (like me).