Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Warning from Dirty Drivers PC

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by PawelK View Post
    i have seen kicks before the race, only for being slow with clicking "ready". i was even kicked once because people did not want to wait 30 seconds while I was fine-tuning my setup. No wonder that people end up with not enough fuel or wrong tires if there is such pushing for quick start.
    I have never figured out how many have to kick for this to work. Hopefully not all, becasue for that to work some of them would have to kick their buddies....

Now, vote-kick would require all (or most) people to know their nicks and know how they behave. How many racers actually read the forum, and closely enough to see the information and memorize the nicks. Or someone would have to explain in the chat and people believe him. Not gonna work.

No. Better set limit to like C100 or D100. I guess they are not over F safety rating.

EDIT: Maskmagogg just said it too.
    They call themselves "Team purple or smth" and each race they purposely start on he last row and then start taking out drivers ahead.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by ZINADOLL View Post
    They call themselves "Team purple or smth" and each race they purposely start on he last row and then start taking out drivers ahead.
    But at the same time they keep rising their Rating too so they stay in "safe numbers" to just do it all over again.
    not sure if any Project Cars 2 Devs read this or any admins from there but imo those names should be perma banned from the game(multiplayer side) atleast or suspended for certan period.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    The wrecker's money is just as green as yours is. SMS doesn't care how the game is played once the money is paid.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: PawelK, pferreirag60

Platform
    PC
    Also how difficult is it to change you steam name

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I'd rather race 1 person in a clean race rather than 10 in a dirty one. The only time you need join open lobby is when you first start with U1500. After that any lobby you see with no rating or U below 1100 is basically a dirty one. To have a rating of U 1100 or less means one thing. You are either the worst driver in the world or have no intentions of actually trying to stay on the track unless it means wrecking.
    GT3 and GTE are of course most popular as they are the easiest to drive fast without danger of losing control after impact. If you host your own lobby it's easy to keep the idiots out. If that means everyone online then so be it.
    Sadly it seems the dirty racers only want to wreck and the clean racers only want to improve their rating. So if I find a clean racer and actually beat him it's a given he will say thanks and head off elsewhere. Whatever, at least the cars are fun to drive and tune which is why I do it anyway. Finding a clean racer is just a bonus!

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by sloppysmusic View Post
    I'd rather race 1 person in a clean race rather than 10 in a dirty one. The only time you need join open lobby is when you first start with U1500. After that any lobby you see with no rating or U below 1100 is basically a dirty one. To have a rating of U 1100 or less means one thing. You are either the worst driver in the world or have no intentions of actually trying to stay on the track unless it means wrecking.
    GT3 and GTE are of course most popular as they are the easiest to drive fast without danger of losing control after impact. If you host your own lobby it's easy to keep the idiots out. If that means everyone online then so be it.
    Sadly it seems the dirty racers only want to wreck and the clean racers only want to improve their rating. So if I find a clean racer and actually beat him it's a given he will say thanks and head off elsewhere. Whatever, at least the cars are fun to drive and tune which is why I do it anyway. Finding a clean racer is just a bonus!
    This thread is not about dirty drivers, dirty drivers are those who will hit you to pass you, block you, etc, so they can win themselves. This thread is about the 5 (yes, five in total) well known (in the PC platform) individuals who do not care about racing at all, they only join online races with the sole purpose to ruin the races for all the rest, as they simply wait to be lapped, create a roadblock in the road and try to repeadetly crash as many cars passing by as they can.

And no, hosting your own lobby does not help at all in keeping the idiots out anymore. Since SMS removed the host kick option, without making the regular kick voting procedure any easier, those five guys are always just having a party, destroying the fun of others whenever they feel like it and then go to forums and brag about it. Nor the safety rating helps in any way, they have found a way to workaround it. And even if they do get kicked out of the lobby (it does work in 10% of the cases), then they can now simply just join again right away!

But unfortunately the game completely stopped getting updates after the one year support period. And one of the changes that were made in this support period was to allow idiots to ruin as many online races as they feel like it.
    The following user likes this Post: pferreirag60

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    ...dirty drivers are those who will hit you to pass you...
    In motox there's the "block pass". It started where the passing racer would slash in front of the other racer in a turn. The slashing turn would cause the racer to come to an almost stop and leave the one being passed nowhere to go so either stop or crash into the back of the other racer. Just that was considered dirty back in the day. Now it's evolved into just smashing into the side of the other racer and somewhat using their bike as the burm. Literally any loser can pass a faster racer this way because it involves just going into the turn too fast and bouncing off the other racer and if they crash then oh well.

I hate it so much but to the younger people it's all they know so normal.

Just mentioning this because I noticed right away this works on PC2 also and see it in every MP race.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Example of those
    rivers.
    Was driving GTE on Lemans track. During Qualifying they actually behaved well, did not crash anyone just allowed people to do their laps and they themselves werent even last.
    1 was in P6, others were somewhere near the Top 8-15 spots(we had total of 24 racers).

After the start was done T1 S was done perfectly no crashes and in "du Tertre Rouge" corner they decided to crash and scream "for team purple and team purple always wins"
    After that crash they just started siting and waiting till leaders lap them and kept crashing out the Top 3 cars.
    As far as i later watched before quitting the lobby cause it was pointless to stay in the race 1 of their own who started near the back was actually leading the race.
    So basically some of them crashed leaders out so 1 of their own can win the race to gain rating. Thats how they work, but now whenever i see 1 of those names i just try to avoid such lobbies.
    Then again as soon as they change their Steam name we are back to square one, only way to catch them is if we just openly put out their steam profiles then aleast we know when they namechange too.
    I sadly forgot to do that during that time.

Usually when they are in lobby, they are never alone. Mostly its 3 crashes + 1 that from their team that they help in winning the race to raise rating. They work as a team like that.

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    They do not change names, they still have the same steam names as they remember them many months ago. They do that all for the glory, and it does not make sense if they do it but people do not recognize them..

Only defense against them is to vote to kick them after the 3 minute mark in qualifying, so that they cannot enter back in the lobby. But since it's already 3 of them in it, this practically means that almost everybody else in the lobby needs to vote to kick them, and this very rarely happens. Not to mention that most people racing are not regulars, they are people that may have a couple hours to spend racing here and then, so they are not familiar with this infamous team, so have no idea they need to kick them in order to have a chance of enjoying their time racing...

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    And one of the changes that were made in this support period was to allow idiots to ruin as many online races as they feel like it.
    Ok but that's only half of the story, and on top also misrepresented. Sure, they made the change to allow idiots get away with everything. Applause!
    I'm wondering what SR these 5 people have.