Thread: I find driving FA/FX cars MUCH easier than driving Karts/FC. Is that normal?

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

I find driving FA/FX cars MUCH easier than driving Karts/FC. Is that normal?

In career mode, I keep spinning-out in Go Karts and I just can't compete in Formula C, but in Formula A and Formula X I pretty much always get podium positions and better at the same AI difficulty level. One would think that career mode would start easy and then get harder, but in the Formula racing path, it starts you on Karts, cars that, I find, are actually more difficult to drive than those found later down the path (Formula A/X). Is this supposed to be the case?

Maybe its because the higher-level Formula race cars are more high tech and expensive, and the relative driving difficulty goes down as the car quality goes up, but according to the game the Karts should be easier to drive than FA/X. When you start a custom race in PC2 and look at the stats of the Formula race cars in the catalogue, it lists the "Driving Difficulty" of Go Karts at one bar, Formula C at two bars and FA/X at three bars, implying that Go Carts and FCs should be easier to drive than FA/X, at least according to the game's catalogue...

What do you think? Are the higher-level Formula race cars easier or harder for you?

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxar1898 View Post
    What do you think? Are the higher-level Formula race cars easier or harder for you?
    I think the FA/x cars are easy to drive at a moderate (8/10) pace, which is fairly easy to get to. But the thing is when you think you're quick in an FA or FX car, you'll find guys several seconds faster per lap. There is a ton of performance in those cars and even prototypes.
    In FC or rookie you can get relatively close to the same guys and be only a few seconds behind.
    AI aren't linear/ consistent in their difficulty as you go up tiers. They are very fast in some car/track combinations and slow in others (at the same difficulty).

Also some cars may just be better suited/ set up. I know the FC is very tail happy and it's a fun car to drive. Nailing a good lap in that car is rewarding.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10
    The following user likes this Post: RacingAtHome

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    I think the FA/x cars are easy to drive at a moderate (8/10) pace, which is fairly easy to get to. But the thing is when you think you're quick in an FA or FX car, you'll find guys several seconds faster per lap. There is a ton of performance in those cars and even prototypes.
    In FC or rookie you can get relatively close to the same guys and be only a few seconds behind.
    AI aren't linear/ consistent in their difficulty as you go up tiers. They are very fast in some car/track combinations and slow in others (at the same difficulty).

Also some cars may just be better suited/ set up. I know the FC is very tail happy and it's a fun car to drive. Nailing a good lap in that car is rewarding.
    I can agree on this. You think you're fast then you find out that others can go about 3 seconds faster taking advantage of the downforce. It's just not the same effect in other cars.
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I worked hard to get a stable tune for karts below. I also list final drive setting for max speed/acceleration each track.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1506235

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    It will take some efforts for sure

Platform
    PC
    Formula C, the quick fix is to add df on the front wing.
    Wheel Settings All of My Games (Slow WIP 8/2019)
    PC's used during WMD 2
    PC 1 Win 10 Home 64bit MSI 970 Gamer/FX-8350(4.2), 16GB Crucial, Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC (MSI AfterBurner 1100 and 1425)
    PC 2 Win 10 Home 64bit ASUS Prime X370-Pro/Ryzen 7 1700X 3.77 GHz, 32 GB Corsair Veng 3200 @ 2933,
    MSI GAMING X GTX 1070 (MSI AfterBurner 120/89/137/425)
    PC 3 Win 10 Home 64bit ASUS Prime Z270-A/i7 7700K 4.5 GHz, 32 GB GSKILL Trident White 3200, EVGA SC GTX 1070 (MSI AfterBurner 109/89/124/425) Oculus Rift CV1 (VR Cover for eyewear)

Monitor LG 29" Ultrawide 2560x1080
    Steam, Origin, Uplay, and Epic (GTsimms)