Thread: Missing feedback of tire slip effect on CSL Elite with P1 wheel

Rookie
    Platform
    XBOX1

Angry Missing feedback of tire slip effect on CSL Elite with P1 wheel

Hi, i've been following the forum for quite a while, i bought a CSL Elite, i don't have any previous experience with racing wheels so i can't compare it.

Even though i have a good FF feel from the wheel base in terms of curbs, oversteering and understeering i kind miss a tire slip feedback, when breaks are locking or tires are about to loose grip, I have the sound feedback from tires squealing but no force related to it.

Just want to figure out if my exceptions are wrong/incorrect or its wheel based or even wheel base based.

Thanks!

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by matiazo View Post
    Hi, i've been following the forum for quite a while, i bought a CSL Elite, i don't have any previous experience with racing wheels so i can't compare it.

Even though i have a good FF feel from the wheel base in terms of curbs, oversteering and understeering i kind miss a tire slip feedback, when breaks are locking or tires are about to loose grip, I have the sound feedback from tires squealing but no force related to it.

Just want to figure out if my exceptions are wrong/incorrect or its wheel based or even wheel base based.

Thanks!
    What are all of your ON WHEEL settings and In game settings and we can go from there......
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****
    The following user likes this Post: Zaskarspants

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    There is no force related to locking, rather there is a reduction in steering weight. You may also feel a slight judder when you hear tyre chirping as the tyre slips.

A skidding tyre has lower grip so creates less steering torque. The character and magnitude of the effect varies with different car steering and suspension geometries and with differing tyres and surfaces.
    Xboxx, 58 inch TV, real fov 80, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec csw2.5, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    PS4
    It is possible in some cars to increase caster (car setup) that amplifies the understeer and oversteer reactions at the steering wheel. Some ffb settings can interfere with that.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

Rookie
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Juiced46 View Post
    What are all of your ON WHEEL settings and In game settings and we can go from there......
    On Wheel:
    Sen 108
    FF 75
    Dri off
    Fei 80

On game:
    Raw
    Gain 100
    Volume 60
    Tone 50
    Fx 60

Platform
    PS4
    I get good brake lock, understeer and oversteer feel with low tone.
    Try tone <20 and >80. It should be different enough to give you an idea of what you like.
    I'd also go lower FX just to interfere less with the tone signals.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10
    The following user likes this Post: Juiced46

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I agree with Hkraft300. FX needs to go lower. The higher you go with FX the more it muds those other effects. I usually keep FX down around 15-20. Also try tone in both extremes like mentioned. I believe the higher tone you go, the wheel may get a little heavier, you may have to adjust volume again. Id try tone @ 70ish and FX at 10 and what happens and adjust from there.

Also bump FF to 100. FEI I like at 100 as well. Turning it down gives me more of a "rubber band" feeling that I do not like.
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****