Thread: Realistic career mode opponent settings

Platform
    PC

Realistic career mode opponent settings

New to the game. I was wondering why I could blow-away the AI drivers in the level-1 career mode but I know I'm not that good. Skill is 60 and aggressive is 50. 2 questions: 1) That's fine but is it realistic? 2) Do the default skill/aggression levels go up as it goes into the next level series? If not can I get some examples for each level or are you guys just setting skill to 120 all the time? I just want it to be very hard but not impossible. Right now it's too easy.

I'd like to run the GT JR up to GT3 progression if that matters.

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    The AI difficulty does not increase with each series. 60/50 AI will be as quick (compared to you) in G40J as they will be in GT3.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewy32 View Post
    The AI difficulty does not increase with each series. 60/50 AI will be as quick (compared to you) in G40J as they will be in GT3.
    Stewy, see how OP is assuming the AI gets harder as the Tiers increase? Aaaah, so much potential...

I would assume the same thing, and the fact that it doesn't is frustrating. To OP, you can set the AI to whatever difficulty you like, up, down, change it whenever you want - it don't matter to the game.
    The following user likes this Post: Stewy32

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    If it's any help I review most of career races below and suggest ai levels that match human lap times in TT.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...er-Tunes-(G29)
    The following 2 users likes this Post: bmanic, Javaniceday

Platform
    PC
    Thanks for the help. I think what I'll do, assuming all driver skill should improve over time, is raise the skill/aggression 1 point for each race. That should be around 100/90 at the end of the 6 series.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    What would be good is if someone with loads of time on their hands compiled a chart with real life pole times in each discipline and put the ai skill level with it.
    Unfortunately I don’t have the time although currently on a sun lounger in Spain

Platform
    PC
    After about 12 races in GTJR and GT5, so far the +1 point after each round I think is working and I can tell the different. Although I feel like the AI are "on rails" rather than bound by the same game physics as the player and AI skill varies from track-to-track. Overall I'm not thrilled but above average satisfied with the +1 thing. It's definitely making me push super hard and drive better.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by McSheety View Post
    After about 12 races in GTJR and GT5, so far the +1 point after each round I think is working and I can tell the different. Although I feel like the AI are "on rails" rather than bound by the same game physics as the player and AI skill varies from track-to-track. Overall I'm not thrilled but above average satisfied with the +1 thing. It's definitely making me push super hard and drive better.
    The ai uses a simplified algorithm but it is the same physics. Pcars2 uses state of the art tyre modelling for the player that is resource intensive, it is a finite element based model that prioritises the players driving experience and feedback.

If you want the ai to appear more exciting run the agg level higher. I use 100 agg and find the ai very exciting to race with.
    Xboxx, 58 inch TV, real fov 80, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec csw2.5, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by sloppysmusic View Post
    If it's any help I review most of career races below and suggest ai levels that match human lap times in TT.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...er-Tunes-(G29)
    Dude!!! This is an excellent resource!! Well done sir! Bookmarked!

Only problem is still mixed wet/dry weather races. The AI is sooooooooo slow in the rain. I sometimes have to bump them up to 120% difficulty and 100% aggression in full rain races (car/track dependent) and still I'm running several seconds faster per lap than they are. It's such a shame.
    Last edited by bmanic; 28-08-2019 at 19:06.
    The following user likes this Post: sloppysmusic

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by bmanic View Post
    The AI is sooooooooo slow in the rain.
    I just started the GT4 races in career mode with the AI on 70/60 for skill/agro. What I'm noticing more and more, which is amplified in the rain, is they are stupid-slow on some corners and impossibly fast on others.