Thread: Launch

Platform
    PC

Launch

I have seen people launch incredibly quickly in online multplayer.

See this (very short) video.

Pay attention to Joe Schmick in the red car in front and the grey/green car to the right of the camera car. Both launch much faster than everyone else. Joe Schmick even gains a position right away. Is it incredible reaction time, gambling and launching before green light*, some sort of clever launching method, or an exploit?

* gambling may be the answer for grey/green car because they got a drive-through penalty, but what about Joe Schmick/red car?

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    His start was normal, I think the other cars around were slow. He probably also did gamble a bit, but after some races you get used to when the lights go green, so you can gamble relatively safely.

Also note that with those cars in PCARS2 you do not need to use the clutch at the start, just go full throttle before the start and smash 1st at green lights and do not modulate the throttle, unless you get excessively sideways. Also make sure you have no traction control enabled at all at the start (you can enable it back before T1) and that autoclutch is off. If you have any of the above settings set differently, it compromises you start and obviously the fast guy ticked all the boxes.
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    PC
    Thanks for helpful tips. I've been using the clutch (with full throttle though) and I had TC on (though I have it reduced compared to default settings). "do not modulate the throttle" with no TC does not seem particularly realistic, but that's PC2, I guess

(BTW the red guys spun out very soon and the green guy got the DT penalty so they did not matter in the race anyway)

Platform
    PC
    By the way I noticed that you hold the track record for that track and the car I was driving, at really insane 1:40. Wow.

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks, it's one of the tracks that I absolutely love! But now that you mentioned it, this record will not hold for much more

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by PawelK View Post
    "do not modulate the throttle" with no TC does not seem particularly realistic, but that's PC2, I guess
    Depends on the car. Some cars will bog off the line so you'll have to ride the clutch a little. Some will light it up. The 911 in particular (being rear engined) have amazing traction at the rear.
    Which is actually particularly realistic.
    You probably wouldn't do that irl for fear of breaking something.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10
    The following user likes this Post: PawelK