Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bugatti Smashing the "Impossible" Record

GT5 Pilot

Bugatti Smashing the "Impossible" Record

Bugatti just reclaimed their title as fastest Hypercar brand today when they broke the 300mph mark.
    Hennessy and Koenigsegg gonna have to get their 300mph vehicles out quick if they want to stay on top.

you're not supposed to go into the light, you're supposed to drift around it.
    Simulations 7:07
    drivers are not alive, the car is.
    Simulations 7:20

Platform
    PC
    Yeah, but what for?

This is probably the only time ever a Chiron drover over 300 mph. No Chiron owner will ever drive their car even close to that speed. This ridiculous chasing numbers just for the sake of numbers.
    The following user likes this Post: balderz002

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by PawelK View Post
    Yeah, but what for?

This is probably the only time ever a Chiron drover over 300 mph. No Chiron owner will ever drive their car even close to that speed. This ridiculous chasing numbers just for the sake of numbers.
    Well, why athletes try to run 100m in below 9 seconds? It's not like they will need to do this in their regular life
    It's in our nature to be competitive, to push the boundaries, to try to get even better at anything...
    The following 9 users likes this Post: Asturbo, bporion, breyzipp, cluck, Dookie, Invincible, lurkusmaximus, REXPITVIPER1, wabi

Platform
    PC
    It's kind of the same thing as 100m dash but not entirely. Athletes' point is to compete. A car is a product to be sold to end users. It should be made to fulfill some actual user needs. Chiron doing 300 mph is like a mop with carbon fiber handle which can withstand 3 tons of force. Neat, but who mops that hard.

Now I understand that for some users a Chiron will fulfill a bragging need, so that they can tell their friends "my car can drive 300 mph" though they will never drive it faster than maybe 100, and only once a decade to keep low mileage. But for me it is a bit ridiculous, as is bragging "I could lift a large SUV with my mop".

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    The purpose of this specific car (it's not a "regular" car sold to customers) was just to break the record. For people who brag about their cars I also have no words really, but the engineers that made that record possible (and the driver driving it at this speed) have all the right in world to brag about their achievement IMO
    The following 5 users likes this Post: bporion, Invincible, Killso2, REXPITVIPER1, wabi

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    The purpose of this specific car (it's not a "regular" car sold to customers) was just to break the record.
    Hm, I would say that maybe was the proximate purpose, but the ultimate purpose was to create a halo effect and sell more cars of the same nameplate for a higher price.

On the other hand, one can see it as a conspiracy of talented engineers who found a way to pursue their hobby, and have that hobby fully funded by vain multimillionaires, that's pretty clever ;-)
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by PawelK View Post
    On the other hand, one can see it as a conspiracy of talented engineers who found a way to pursue their hobby, and have that hobby fully funded by vain multimillionaires, that's pretty clever ;-)
    Hehe, I also like seeing it that way
    The following user likes this Post: PawelK

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    If they put a little more effort they'll break the 500kph record, 500 is bigger than 300 thus more impressive for marketing purposes.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: breyzipp, Invincible, PawelK, REXPITVIPER1

Platform
    PC
    I think they did it just to piss off Christian Von Koenigsegg. It was "payback" time.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: breyzipp, REXPITVIPER1

Platform
    PC
    I think we'll see the 500 kph barrier falling within a year.
    But 304 mph (490 kph) is really an impressive engineering achievement. And while this particular car won't be sold, I think it will be the foundation for the Chiron SuperSport. Which will probably be limited to 420 - 440ish kph, for "safety reasons" (yet I think driving 350+ kph on any road can't really be considered "safe").
    Do I think it's a cool achievement and a neat looking car? Yes. Would I buy it, even I could afford 10? Hell no.
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted SOLD / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro
    The following 3 users likes this Post: cluck, hkraft300, REXPITVIPER1