Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Constant FFB clipping I believe (g920)

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1

Question Constant FFB clipping I believe (g920)

So I got the game a couple days ago and I've been wanting to use my full G920 rig for every aspect of the game but if I go into the career mode and try and race I get constantly clipping to the point the wheel is ripped from my hands and will also start to heat up the FFB Motors to the point ya can smell them burning up, I've tried loads of FFB setting suggestions from here and other places but they only seem to either make the FFB clipping even worse or make it disappear but then I don't have any FBB at all.

In solo practice I don't have any issues what so ever and in custom races I have it happen a little bit but no where near as bad.

Any help would be highly appreciated as I want to be able to enjoy the game as from what I've played it might be my new favourite racing game.
    Last edited by TheClutteredDesk; 03-09-2019 at 09:16.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    A g920 does not have enough torque under any circumstances to rip the wheel from your hand.

If the motors are that hot you have a faulty wheel. Even if you run with heavy clipping a g920 will not get alarmingly hot as you state.

I used a g920 for 700 hours in pcars2 and I never had this issue.

Edit- you may find that grids over 16 ish on Xbox original causes poor ffb, this is a limitation of that platform but it will not cause burning of motors or damage.
    Last edited by Zaskarspants; 03-09-2019 at 09:52.
    Xboxx, 58 inch TV, real fov 80, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec csw2.5, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskarspants View Post
    A g920 does not have enough torque under any circumstances to rip the wheel from your hand.

If the motors are that hot you have a faulty wheel. Even if you run with heavy clipping a g920 will not get alarmingly hot as you state.

I used a g920 for 700 hours in pcars2 and I never had this issue.

Edit- you may find that grids over 16 ish on Xbox original causes poor ffb, this is a limitation of that platform but it will not cause burning of motors or damage.
    Well I don't know what to tell ya but it tries to rip it out of my hands alot, the motors heat up because of the clipping and me trying to fight for control and I know the wheel isn't faulty I've been using it for about 3 years now on both Forza games and on my pc sims and it's only having problems with project cars,

Even with as low as 5 cars I get clipping not as much no but enough to where the motors start to burn.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Very peculiar and not something I have ever experienced or seen reported. Clearly I can't help you further.
    Xboxx, 58 inch TV, real fov 80, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec csw2.5, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com

Platform
    PC
    Does it happen even with FFB Gain set to 0?
    CPU Intel i7-9700K @ 4.9 GHz all cores | Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | RAM 16GB DDR4 3200MHz | GPU nVidia RTX2070 Super 8GB (440.97) | Audio Realtek 5.1 on MB | Screen AOC U3477PQU | OS Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    In-game settings: 3440x1440 | Texture Resolution HIGH | AF 16x | VSync ON (adaptive) | AA None | Reflections HIGH | Envmap HIGH | Vehicle HIGH | World HIGH | Shadows HIGH | Motion Blur NO | Render Frames Ahead 1 | Particles HIGH/HIGH/HIGH

PC2Info, a PC program that shows most stats the game provides over UDP

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sampo View Post
    Does it happen even with FFB Gain set to 0?
    No but running it like that just feels so wrong

Platform
    PC
    Of course. Just trying to get to the problem. At which Gain setting doesn't it clip? Use the full HUD display to see the FFB bars on the lower left to see if you get much into the red bar.
    CPU Intel i7-9700K @ 4.9 GHz all cores | Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | RAM 16GB DDR4 3200MHz | GPU nVidia RTX2070 Super 8GB (440.97) | Audio Realtek 5.1 on MB | Screen AOC U3477PQU | OS Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    In-game settings: 3440x1440 | Texture Resolution HIGH | AF 16x | VSync ON (adaptive) | AA None | Reflections HIGH | Envmap HIGH | Vehicle HIGH | World HIGH | Shadows HIGH | Motion Blur NO | Render Frames Ahead 1 | Particles HIGH/HIGH/HIGH

PC2Info, a PC program that shows most stats the game provides over UDP

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sampo View Post
    Of course. Just trying to get to the problem. At which Gain setting doesn't it clip? Use the full HUD display to see the FFB bars on the lower left to see if you get much into the red bar.
    honestly as soon as i put it to 3 it starts to happen so i dont know whats happening and its honestly its making me angry with the game as i want to enjoy it and using a controller really isnt a option

Platform
    PS4
    Solo runs you shouldn't have the problem.
    Try a single player AI race with <15 AI on the grid, and keep reducing AI until the problem goes away.
    OG Xb1 has performance issues that send the ffb and tyre model haywire I guess.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10
    The following user likes this Post: Zaskarspants

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Solo runs you shouldn't have the problem.
    Try a single player AI race with <15 AI on the grid, and keep reducing AI until the problem goes away.
    OG Xb1 has performance issues that send the ffb and tyre model haywire I guess.
    I've done that and the problem is still there until Im solo but then it's still there just way weaker