Thread: Got to GT4 and cars are all crazy loose? Soft slicks?

Platform
    PC

Got to GT4 and cars are all crazy loose? Soft slicks?

Not sure if this is setup talk but I think here is best.

In career mode. JRGT is pretty easy to keep the cars pointed forward and on the track while going fast. GT5 is the same. Get to GT4 and all the cars are crazy loose. I tested a few but ran the Ginetta in the career. Going into turns, the middle and exit. With both default tunes and even with my tune I can not get the rear to stay down. Even if I do get it somewhat balanced it's just a drift-show all the time. And forget racing in the rain. I finally found the only way to get the car to stick a little is to always run the soft slicks. JRGT is limited to all-weather and GT5 has only one slick choice. My understanding is the difference between soft and hard slicks is the operating temp only. So as long as the hard slick can get up to temp it should have the same grip as the soft slick? Is this true or no? Because it seems not true. The soft seems always better.

At first I thought the GT4 are just getting more powerful and difficult but GT3 are easy on the default hard slick. Having GT4 in the middle of other well handing classes seems odd. I finally made it through the GT4 races on pure willpower alone but I'd still like to know.

Side question that's not thread worthy: In time trial I see other racers' info including their tune. Some of the tunes are blank so I assume I can download the ones that aren't. How do I download/view their tune. PC version.
    Last edited by McSheety; 09-09-2019 at 16:54.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by McSheety View Post
    Not sure if this is setup talk but I think here is best.

In career mode. JRGT is pretty easy to keep the cars pointed forward and on the track while going fast. GT5 is the same. Get to GT4 and all the cars are crazy loose. I tested a few but ran the Ginetta in the career. Going into turns, the middle and exit. With both default tunes and even with my tune I can not get the rear to stay down. Even if I do get it somewhat balanced it's just a drift-show all the time. And forget racing in the rain. I finally found the only way to get the car to stick a little is to always run the soft slicks. JRGT is limited to all-weather and GT5 has only one slick choice. My understanding is the difference between soft and hard slicks is the operating temp only. So as long as the hard slick can get up to temp it should have the same grip as the soft slick? Is this true or no? Because it seems not true. The soft seems always better.

At first I thought the GT4 are just getting more powerful and difficult but GT3 are easy on the default hard slick. Having GT4 in the middle of other well handing classes seems odd. I finally made it through the GT4 races on pure willpower alone but I'd still like to know.

Side question that's not thread worthy: In time trial I see other racers' info including their tune. Some of the tunes are blank so I assume I can download the ones that aren't. How do I download/view their tune. PC version.
    Hi, if it's blank it just means a Default setup is used in most cases. Here is the way to get tunes. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1576997

As for GT4 I have always used the Hard slicks in Custom races, I have never done Career. The cars in GT4 are a pain but hardly too difficult to drive.
    Last edited by blinkngone; 09-09-2019 at 17:18.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.
    The following user likes this Post: McSheety