Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: T300 - Loud Fan?

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregow View Post
    When you say awful racket, do you mean like possibly the worst fan in the world going at too high an rpm? If that’s the case my wheel is working as designed.

It’s really loud and it sounds like the bearings are unwell.

Is it normal with these wheels that you have to reset the center calibration? First thing that happened to me after some playing was that the wheel completely lost center. Found a tool that should supposedly calibrate the wheel. Was a bit scary to run, did not help, but at least it did not seem to damage the wheel.

Found another method that worked. In Windows desktop turn the wheel from lock to lock, center it and press three buttons. That fixed it but it’s apparently inadvisable to do it often, as the on board memory will fill up.

Noticed that when going lock to lock there’s a high frequency buzz as the resistance increases. Also noticed a bit this in pCars 2 when using a higher volume on the wheel. Is this normal? Doesn’t feel like something bad, but I’d like to check that it’s operating normally.

A lot of questions, I know. Always gets me anxious when I’m not sure everything is working properly.

Otherwise I must say, what an improvement over the G29. I thought the G29 was good, and I suppose it is considering the price, but the feel and power of the T300 is just so much better. Makes you feel much more in control when driving, as it tells you exactly what the car is doing.
    Sorry, bit late. Unfortunately all those symptoms you described are considered normal. Welcome to Thrustmaster family!

Still, generally speaking TM gear is not bad for their price (compared to more expensive Fanatec or direct drive wheels). Although I have to admit that I got my current (expensive) TS-PC Racer mainly because I already had their Sparco rally wheel and T3PA-Pro pedals from my old T500. So it is a bit like the camera vendor lock-in with the mounds of compatible stuff you don't want to depart with.
    Intel i9-9900K | Asus Z390-H mobo | 32 GB 2400 MHz mem | nVidia RTX-2080ti | Soundblaster ZxR | TS-PC Racer wheel | TH8A H-shifter | Valve Index | Win10 64bit | Launch parameters: -pthreads 4

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTulip View Post
    Sorry, bit late. Unfortunately all those symptoms you described are considered normal. Welcome to Thrustmaster family!

Still, generally speaking TM gear is not bad for their price (compared to more expensive Fanatec or direct drive wheels). Although I have to admit that I got my current (expensive) TS-PC Racer mainly because I already had their Sparco rally wheel and T3PA-Pro pedals from my old T500. So it is a bit like the camera vendor lock-in with the mounds of compatible stuff you don't want to depart with.
    Had a T500 plus TH8 and Ferrari F1 wheel, but then I bought the Clubsport Pedals v1 with free tuning kit. Even bought DSD bosses for a custom steering wheel and a Basherboard box to hook the Clubsport pedals directly up to the T500 base. That was the first part in my transition to the Fanatec eco system.

That said I wrote my positive opinion on GTP and Thomas (CEO Fanatec) caught wind and offered me to beta test and review the upcoming Clubsport Wheel v1 and two rims.

Hence I still have the number 7 off of the production line base, Formula rim and BMW rim that was modified and used at the Hockenheim Porsche promotion event. ☺️
    Still use the rims to this day all the time even though I later got my hands on my current beta Clubsport Wheel v2 that hasn't missed a beat.

I can't talk about how the direct drives feel of other companies, but the eco system and feature set is the best on the sim market in my opinion.
    I won't say it is perfect but looking at the package overal to me at least it is the best.

Anyway, I was a bit lucky but having start with a Logitech Formula Force GP and G25, being well in the Thrustmaster eco system I ended up disliking the products. My TM quick release even loosened all the time mid race, which was beyond annoying to the point of frustrating. So frustrating that I was glad I got that opportunity but I am sure I would otherwise also have transferred to the Fanatec eco system at some point.

At the end of the day as with a lot of things, you get what you pay for. Yet depending on your enthusiasm and devotion to the sim racing hobby you'll have to asses the value of these purchases to you, are they worth it?
    I mean... I wouldn't buy a custom Fender Stratocaster guitar thousands of euro if I was just starting out on guitar. In fact I wouldn't even consider it unless I was at a professional level and I would be living and breathing the instrument.
    Christiaan's Pure FFB (latest version: v1.03): http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ARS2-FFB-File)

Nicknames elsewhere on the web (incl. Steam, XBN, PSN, etc): LogiForce or LogiForce86

System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - EVGA RTX 2080 XC ULTRA 8GB - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - LG OLED55B8PLA TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I never got my wheel to auto calibrate properly. Had to re-center the wheel after every reboot or after unplugging it. Opened the wheel to check if there was proper tension to the belt or if the hall sensor was misaligned. I could not find any issues, so I returned the wheel.

Waiting for a new one which will hopefully arrive before the weekend. I hope the new one will work without issues.

I really liked it otherwise. Good feel to the force feedback, much smoother than the G29, the alcantara wheel was top notch and I liked the larger rim. So if it could just work properly...

Also ordered a load cell mod for the, and I have a Noctua fan waiting for the new wheel.

Platform
    PC
    Never had any issue with mine. I have never heard the fan!
    Wheel Settings All of My Games (Slow WIP 8/2019)
    PC's used during WMD 2
    PC 1 Win 10 Home 64bit MSI 970 Gamer/FX-8350(4.2), 16GB Crucial, Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC (MSI AfterBurner 1100 and 1425)
    PC 2 Win 10 Home 64bit ASUS Prime X370-Pro/Ryzen 7 1700X 3.77 GHz, 32 GB Corsair Veng 3200 @ 2933,
    MSI GAMING X GTX 1070 (MSI AfterBurner 120/89/137/425)
    PC 3 Win 10 Home 64bit ASUS Prime Z270-A/i7 7700K 4.5 GHz, 32 GB GSKILL Trident White 3200, EVGA SC GTX 1070 (MSI AfterBurner 109/89/124/425) Oculus Rift CV1 (VR Cover for eyewear)

Monitor LG 29" Ultrawide 2560x1080
    Steam, Origin, Uplay, and Epic (GTsimms)