Thread: [XB1] Touring Car series: Distinctly Average Racing League Season Three

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1

[XB1] Touring Car series: Distinctly Average Racing League Season Three

Hi, I hope you don't mind me posting on here. I used to run a successful Forza 4 championship a few years ago and have decided to reboot the series along with a few friends, using Project Cars 2.

I already have 10 drivers signed up, but I was wondering if anyone reading this post would like to take part, please? We always used to advertise the series on the Forza Forums in case anyone was interested in joining us, hence the call for entries on here.

If you're interested in signing up, please send me a message through Xbox Live and/or the forum and I will send you a link to a link to a closed Facebook group where we are co-ordinating things.

If you have any questions, please let me know!

Cheers.

___

For Season Three competitors have a choice between the Renault Megane and Mercedes-Benz A45 Touring Cars and the calendar is below. With the exception of the three endurance races, we’ll run a 15 minute long practice session followed by three 15 minute-long (plus a lap) races each week.

Unless specified otherwise, practice will start at 2130 (UK time) on Thursday nights and we will not wait for latecomers. If you know you can't make an evening, please let me know in advance.
    To ensure we have a competitive grid each week, we will only race when there are six or more people present. If there are fewer than six drivers online by 2125 we postpone the racing to the following week.

As before, fine-tuning cars is allowed. If any incidents occur, these will be investigated after the race by the stewards. The game should automatically give you a drive-through penalty if you jump the start or break the speed limit going into the pitlane.

Project Cars 2 allows you to set custom times for sessions. With the exception of the three endurance races and the Dubai races, the practice session will take place at 8am, Race One at 10am, Race Two at 1pm and Race Three at 4pm.

All races and practice sessions will have three instances of random weather. With random weather settings, up to three different weather changes can occur in a single race – for instance, we could start with a bone-dry track with it then becoming cloudy, followed by light rain. To negate the risk of having a season full of wet races, the opening weather slot will be decided using a random number generator with ice, snow, blizzard, heavy fog and random taken out.

Time progression will be set to on, as will fuel load depletion, tyre wear and damage.

Apart from the three endurance races, which feature a mandatory pitstop, races will be run on a lights-to-flag basis, however, fuel limits will be applied in all races. With the exception of the opening round, fuel limits be announced a week beforehand.

CALENDAR:

3 October Round One – Fuji Endurance* - Fuel limit: 60 litres

10 October Rounds 2, 3 and 4 – Bathurst

17 October Rounds 5, 6 and 7 – Long Beach

24 October Rounds 8, 9 and 10 – CoTA National

31 October June Rounds 11, 12 and 13 – Watkins Glen International Short

7 November Rounds 14, 15 and 16 – Dubai National****

14 November Rounds 17, 18 and 19 – Oschersleben A

21 November Round 20 – Le Mans Endurance**

28 November Rounds 21, 22 and 23 – Donington Park GP

05 December Rounds 24, 25 and 26 - Autodromo Internacional Algarve

12 December Round 27 – Spa Endurance***

* One one-hour long race – day time
    ** One one-hour long race – day to night
    *** One one-hour long race – night to day
    **** normal length night races

POINTS SYSYEM:

1st: 10 points
    2nd: 8 points
    3rd: 6 points
    4th: 5 points
    5th: 4 points
    6th: 3 points
    7th: 2 points
    8th: 1 point
    Fastest lap: 1 point

Points for endurance races:

1st: 50 points
    2nd: 45 points
    3rd: 40 points
    4th: 35 points
    5th: 30 points
    6th: 25 points
    7th: 20 points
    8th: 15 points
    Fastest lap: 5 points

PENALTY SYSTEM:

• Minor incidents: Two warnings, third strike is a five-second penalty, every strike thereafter incurs a five-second penalty. This resets itself after every round.
    • Major incidents resulting in one or more drivers retiring: Disqualification from that race for the driver deemed to be at fault.
    • Incidents without clear fault will be deemed to be racing incidents and no further action will be taken.
    • Major incidents where all vehicles can continue will incur 20- second penalties for those at fault.
    • Purposeful blocking on a straight will incur a 10-second penalty.
    • Pushing another driver off the circuit will incur a five-second penalty.

In an attempt to ensure we do not spend all evening restarting races, a maximum three restarts will be allowed per round and no restarts – with the exception of drop-outs or controller failures – will be allowed once the final car has crossed the start/finish line to begin lap two.

Penalties can be altered at the stewards’ discretion and appeals can be lodged.

TEAMS:

Both two-car and privateer entries will be accepted. A teams’ championship, consisting of a combined trophy and privateer cup will run alongside the drivers’ title. Please ensure you and your team have selected your vehcle by 29 September.
    The following user likes this Post: Maskmagog