Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone like COTA

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by dault3883 View Post
    just because you cant figure out how to get around a track doesnt make it rubbish
    No circuit is "rubbish", just like no circuit is "fantastic". The like or dislike of a circuit is entirely personal and that is, I suspect, all that hkraft was expressing (but I don't speak for him and am not attempting to).

I'm of the same mind though, I can't stand 99% of the entire circuit (I genuinely only like one of the turns) and have never enjoyed racing there or practicing it alone. We all like different things in a circuit, after all and I accept that a lot of people don't like Bathurst, yet it remains one of my favourite circuits to drive. Life would be very dull indeed if we all liked the same thing.
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // MSI GTX 980 Gaming GPU // Asus Xonar DX PCI-E soundcard // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Fractal Design Newton R3 800W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // NEC 24" LCD 2470WNX 1920x1200 60Hz //
    The following 4 users likes this Post: hkraft300, Konan, PawelK, PostBox981

Platform
    XBOX1
    Arguing about taste is so pointless. I tend to not like tracks I'm not too familiar with and where I'm unsure about my braking points and lines to take, Brno e.g. so I avoid driving there but I know I should do the opposite. COTA is surely not among my favourite tracks but it's amazing at night.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by rich1e I View Post
    t it's amazing at night.
    Which reminded me that my race today may be at night, and I only practice in daylight... This is going to be embarrassing ;-)
    The following user likes this Post: PostBox981

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    COTA is one of the tracks that destroys a poor setup. It NEEDS practice and tweaks to feel natural. Your car needs to dance around the track with balance fully in control, hard braking and hard turning is just frustrating. Aesthetically I think the total lack of green scenery around the track makes it less enjoyable to race around. If you're not enjoying the driving there's nothing else to hold your attention.
    The following user likes this Post: REXPITVIPER1

Platform
    PS4
    just because you cant figure out how to get around a track doesnt make it rubbish
    I have plenty other reasons besides my lack of driving skill to hate on cota.

Quote Originally Posted by cluck View Post
    No circuit is "rubbish", just like no circuit is "fantastic". The like or dislike of a circuit is entirely personal and that is, I suspect, all that hkraft was expressing
    My thoughts on Cota are entirely subjective and personal, yes.
    But i disagree in that a circuit can be fantastic - Spa, for example.
    And a terrible track seems designed by an epileptic fit, like COTA sector 2, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by PawelK View Post
    Which reminded me that my race today may be at night, and I only practice in daylight... This is going to be embarrassing ;-)
    You'll want to do a few runs at night to dial in your pressures and ducts according to the temperatures. If there's a big temp difference and the tyres fall off, you'll be seconds off your pace.

Quote Originally Posted by sloppysmusic View Post
    Aesthetically I think the total lack of green scenery around the track makes it less enjoyable to race around.
    I'm not a good enough driver to take much note of the scenery during a race.
    In contrast - Dubai and Laguna both are lacking scenery but they're both excellent racing tracks.
    Dubai is very underrated and makes for great sim racing.
    Last edited by hkraft300; 17-09-2019 at 17:53.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10
    The following user likes this Post: rich1e I

Platform
    PC
    interesting story when i first started playing racing games on Gran turismo 2 i absolutely HATED laguna seca because i couldt figure out the cork screw but once i put that hate aside and focused on the cork screw and got it perfected i grew to love that track to this day it and watkins glen are two of my absolute favorite tracks along with sonoma both stock car and carosel layouts
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Intel Core i7-8700k cpu @ 3.7GHz 3.70GHz Ram:16GB 64 bit operating system Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by PawelK View Post
    Nah, if you can manage to minimize mistakes and get some consistent, not necessarily super fast laps, stay out of trouble and not get too many penalties you could pick up more places than you think. Just get your pressures right as you'll be racing in different track conditions.
    Last edited by rich1e I; 17-09-2019 at 19:18.
    The following user likes this Post: PawelK

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    But i disagree in that a circuit can be fantastic - Spa, for example.
    Heh, I'm kinda with you on Spa, I loathe it in anything other than an LMP3 or LMP2 (really not a fan of the LMP1 cars, they're just too fast and accomplished to really 'enjoy' the driving itself - for my tastes). But Spa is always one of the highest voted circuits in our league when we add it as a choice for a race season.
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // MSI GTX 980 Gaming GPU // Asus Xonar DX PCI-E soundcard // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Fractal Design Newton R3 800W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // NEC 24" LCD 2470WNX 1920x1200 60Hz //

Platform
    PC
    I love spa its a blast no matter what your driving especially the downhill uphill curve just after turn 1
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Intel Core i7-8700k cpu @ 3.7GHz 3.70GHz Ram:16GB 64 bit operating system Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by cluck View Post
    Heh, I'm kinda with you on Spa, I loathe it in anything other than an LMP3 or LMP2 (really not a fan of the LMP1 cars, they're just too fast and accomplished to really 'enjoy' the driving itself - for my tastes). But Spa is always one of the highest voted circuits in our league when we add it as a choice for a race season.
    Spa is in every motorsport enthusiasts' top 5.
    LMP1 cars are more capable than I am.
    That said - Spa is pretty awesome in GT1, LMP900 and the old vintage prototypes Lotus 78, 98T.

I love spa its a blast no matter what your driving especially the downhill uphill curve just after turn 1
    Eu Rouge and Radillion at the crest.
    I love every corner of that track but I never feel like I've nailed it.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10