Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone like COTA

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Javaniceday View Post
    It's the whole Tilke-hate bandwagon going on. Op doesn't mention Tilke, but the talking points are more or less the same.
    Well i can only say that I did not read other opinions about the circuit, I did not even think of Tilke (frankly before I started driving there yesterday and then read up a little, I wouldn't be even sure if it was his design). I just ddd a bunch of laps and then shared my feelings.

I guess I'll get back to trying to find some rhythm there. Maybe it's not a steady waltz but rather one of those The Rite of Spring rhythms, complex, hard to comprehend at first, but ultimately very satisfying :-)

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I wouldn't believe anything cpcdem says. Guinnes called him (World Records, not the brewery), he will be in the next edition for the most inaccurate or false statements ever written on a forum.
    There's absolutely no reason to get personal...
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!
    The following user likes this Post: sloppysmusic

Platform
    PC
    I love COTA but im biased since i was Born and Raised in the Great State of TEXAS
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Intel Core i7-8700k cpu @ 3.7GHz 3.70GHz Ram:16GB 64 bit operating system Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I love COTA because Kimi won his last race there

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I have COTA next up in the Global Endurance Championship driving the R18 Lmp1 , Not sure how that will pan out as I’ve never driven an Lmp1 there.

Platform
    PC
    My race is in LMP3. Yesterday I spend far too much time driving the track in time-trial mode, I got some improvement, but I still suck at it. The track record for the car is 1:56, and I only once got a time below 2:01, several 2:02 laps and a good number of far slower laps when I spun out. Yes, my PB is more than 4% off track record.

Even following the fast ghosts does not help much, I more or less keep up to T3, and they just drive away. I have no idea how can you fly through turns 4 and 5 so fast. They also gain a lot in T13 & 14 which I had thought I had sorted out pretty well. I even usually screw up the very important exit from T9, because I track out to far from T8 and cannot rotate quick enough for T9. I guess I am just a crappy driver

Platform
    PS4
    I hate cota. S1 is OK but the rest is rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by Cholton82 View Post
    I have COTA next up in the Global Endurance Championship driving the R18 Lmp1 , Not sure how that will pan out as I’ve never driven an Lmp1 there.
    High downforce, low ride height. Beware of the kerbs - if you can kiss them just right you'll rotate and catch the car giving you great lap times.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10
    The following user likes this Post: PawelK

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I think that all the tracks have their pluses and minuses. COTA is a tough one, IMO. As others point out, the curbs are a killer and there are a number of corners where the line is hard to assess. But as someone else said, practice, get better and then you'll like it more. I find that I hate the tracks I can't seem to get my head around. Hockenheim, Fuji, for example. The tracks I do better on, I like more. It's all relative, though. "Better" sure ain't good.

Platform
    PS4
    Nope. I practiced on cota. Tried different cars and classes. It's still rubbish.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10
    The following user likes this Post: REXPITVIPER1

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Nope. I practiced on cota. Tried different cars and classes. It's still rubbish.
    just because you cant figure out how to get around a track doesnt make it rubbish
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Intel Core i7-8700k cpu @ 3.7GHz 3.70GHz Ram:16GB 64 bit operating system Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.