Thread: RealGear GTpro3 Pedals Duplicate Assignments

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

RealGear GTpro3 Pedals Duplicate Assignments

Hi Everyone - I've been using a new Sim Rig/Computer for a couple months, after not being in the Sim Game for over 15years. Sims and Eqpt. have progressed so much since then! So I can't use iRacing since I don't have access to acceptable broadband where I live. So my chosen Sim right now is PC2... plenty to try there for now.

Since Simucube 2 wheels are so hard to get in a timely manner now, I'm using a Clubsport 2.5 with ProtoSimTech pedals until they are actually in stock! Have had a great time with the Porsche GT3-RS at Laguna Seca! However, I felt I could improved my braking by picking up an even better set of pedals, so I decided to buy a set of the GTpro3 hydraulic pedals from Ricmotech. I tried installing them last weekend, without luck. I'm a guy who used to build my own computers in the '80s and '90s, so I"m familiar with hassles of setup, but after several hours of work, no luck. So I talked with Frank at Ricmotech, and he walked me through how to reset the electronics and then calibrate the pedals. As I've heard in various posts here and elsewhere, Frank is a lot of help, and took a lot of time to help me with setup. Can't thank him enough.

HOWEVER, I now have the age-old problem that many have posted about regarding duplicate assignments! I didn't have any problem setting up the ProtoSimTech pedals in PC2, once I was able to learn the process. But I've tried EVERYTHING mentioned in posts here to fix the problem, without success. 3-4hrs first day, 1-2hrs second day. I have also tried several things that I don't recall seeing here, such as deleting all drivers in Windows to let them reinstall, and also deleting all drivers and changing order in which I install controllers, without luck. I do want to also mention, after working through assignments, and trying many many times, I did have a couple instances in which I finally DID see different assignments on all controls.

However, that still did not clear up the control problems I was having, and the assignments seemed weird for the 3 pedals. For instance, with the Proto pedals, assignments were Rx, Ry and Rz with the 3 pedals. With the GTpro3, they were completely different and unrelated assignments with the 3 pedals. Since one of the problems I seemed to have, in all cases, was 'cross-talk' in which inputs from one pedal affected steering, or visa versa, i downloaded DIView and used it to see if I had any 'jitter', which I didn't see. I may have even made things worse by using that. I also tried Raceroom, which I had not used previously, and it was clear I had cross-talk among pedals.

So for now, I've removed the GTpro3's and am going back to my ProtoSimtechs for PC2. I haven't tried to contact Frank about this, because it's really not a Ricmotech problem I'm sure. I'm not sure why it's not possible, in any Sim it seems, to actually TYPE IN a change to an assignment, rather than letting the Sim pick something. Once you've tried once, why can't you select some 'manual' option to type in an assignment? So at any rate, I'll keep the GTpro3's and perhaps use them on another sim at a future time, or iRacing, when SpaceX has Starlink low-orbit internet available in my area. From recent news, sounds like that may happen by end of next year!

Just some feedback and status on PC2 with the GTPro3 pedals. I'm not blaming the problems I've had on Ricmotech... it's a PC2 issue I'm sure. I may use a temp. GTpro3 setup to test some other things at a future time with PC2, and will report any findings and success I have.

PS - I am aware not many people use the GTpro3 pedals, but I have seen one major test online for these, in which the tester claimed to have used them with several Sims, including PC2. Not sure how he managed that, but we'll see what the future holds. Later.....

Ignore axis names between different, apparently similar, devices, they are pretty arbitary and could be called literally anything.
    If the drivers allow, did you try putting a large deadzone on the pedals and see if that avoids the issue, you can always remove it after.

i7 4770K - ASUS Z87-A - 16Gig DDR3 (2x 8G Crucial Ballistix PC3-12800) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 840 250G SSD , WD 320G Blue, WD 6T Black, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative Audigy 4 - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - Gigabyte GM-M6880X Gaming Mouse - Fanatec GT3 RS V2 + CSP V3 + SSH Shifter - Windows 10 Home (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. i7-4790T - Asus H97-Plus - 16G DDR3 PC-12800 - EVGA RTX2060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i5-4590S - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX1050Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I used a fairly wide deadzone. Seems if there was 'noise' or a narrow deadzone letting noise through, it would be visibile in DIView. Saw no noise or moving data anywhere in any controllers.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    PS - Forgot to mention that Heuskinveld now has a program available for download called Smart Control. Current version is 0.8, so still Beta. I'll probably try that at some point.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I still had problems with controls after removing the GTpro 3 pedals and reinstalling my ProtoSimTech pedals. I then started having major problems with my Clubsport 2.5. It spontaneously switched to Xbox mode and I usually couldn't switch back to PC mode by pressing "double window" and "Y" buttons on the wheel. Also during bootup, the LED test either didn't occur or I saw gibberish. Other things too, such as when trying to center the steering wheel using wrench button on wheel (as in their prominent website video), no effect. Also, wheel is not centered after bootup calibration. So I opened a case with Fanatec. Not sure if it's the wheelbase, or just the Elite P1 wheel, but we'll see what response I get. I tried reflashing firmware many times, without success. I plan to buy an SC2 when they actually are in stock in a month or two, but I sure thought I wouldn't have any trouble with the Clubsport 2.5 after 4-6 weeks of use. Will update.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Hi Everyone - Back for an update on this topic. Fanatec reviewed my Clubsport 2.5 case, and said that I had broken wheel to wheelbase plug pins. Apparently, I didn't have the wheel fastened down tight enough. At least there was play in the connection, so the broken pins. I bought both new Wheelbase and Wheel cables, and Fanatec emailed instructions for replacing those. So I replaced both a couple weeks ago, and that solved my wheel problems. I was happy with Fanatec's support, although I did have to pay for the cables. Since I'm in the US, at least I didn't have to wait weeks to get it repaired at the Factory.

So I ended up ordering and receiving a new Simucube 2 Ultimate in past couple weeks from Sim Racing Bay. So I had terrible problems getting PC2 to assign steering assignments for a couple days. But I finally resolved those Wednesday. So I'm back up with PC2 and the SC2 and Proto Sim Tech pedals. Right now I'm working to set get the SC2 dialed in. At some point in the next few weeks, I WILL make another attempt to connect the RealGear GTPro3 pedals again. I believe the Clubsport 2.5 problems must have been the key problem preventing setup of the RealGear pedals. So I will report back with results again when I again install the RealGears. Thanks.