Thread: Formula C - Time Trial - No ABS?

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Formula C - Time Trial - No ABS?

Am I correct in saying that ABS doesnt work in Formula C time trial? All my setups use ABS and I am used to driving with it on, with everything else turned off, however all my setups result in complete steering loss upon even modest braking.

It seems odd it is available everywhere else except time trial, hence why I am here asking. It isn't greyed out, i can turn it on and off from the option menu in time trial just fine, only it doesnt do anything. I have checked to see if it is still active in gameplay options and in set-up, but even though I ramped it all up to high and 100% to check it, braking still has the result of locking the wheels dead and total steering loss.

I dont really want to have to change all my saved setups and re learn driving then just for this. It does seem a bit strange, is this correct?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by l3lacker View Post
    Am I correct in saying that ABS doesnt work in Formula C time trial? All my setups use ABS and I am used to driving with it on, with everything else turned off, however all my setups result in complete steering loss upon even modest braking.

It seems odd it is available everywhere else except time trial, hence why I am here asking. It isn't greyed out, i can turn it on and off from the option menu in time trial just fine, only it doesnt do anything. I have checked to see if it is still active in gameplay options and in set-up, but even though I ramped it all up to high and 100% to check it, braking still has the result of locking the wheels dead and total steering loss.

I dont really want to have to change all my saved setups and re learn driving then just for this. It does seem a bit strange, is this correct?
    Hi, you are correct, no ABS or TC for the Formula C. If the car comes with ABS, TC etc. it will show in the features box. Time Trial only has authentic assists available so the playing field is the same for everyone, it's fair this way.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pCARS2 2019-09-14 18-23-24-98.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	126.4 KB 
ID:	273605
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Time trial uses "Authentic assists", which means you can use what the real car has available in real life, I think this is the best way to implement this. In the case of Formula C,this is not a real car, but the real formula cars that it is based on also do not have ABS, so it is designed the same way in game.

Edit: Ninja'd in a blink of the eye!
    The following user likes this Post: blinkngone

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by l3lacker View Post

Hey, welcome to the Forums as well. The Formula C is a tough car to start with, hopefully you have seen this thread on driving the Formula C. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...rive-Formula-C
    On a side note the Formula C is much easier to drive now than when the game was first released so consider yourself fortunate for all the improvements made.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Talking

Thanks for all the responses. I reckon I'm pretty decent with Formula C with consistent wins at 65-70 difficulty. It's going to be like starting all over again if I need to mess around with the brakes on all my set ups. I guess the mechanical and aero balance are going to be affected by messing with the brake set ups.

I fully agree this makes for a more even contest, I just don't want it to be this way ha . I just wanted to check this was the case before I invested the hours in amending my set ups and re learning to drive them.

Quote Originally Posted by blinkngone View Post
    On a side note the Formula C is much easier to drive now than when the game was first released so consider yourself fortunate for all the improvements made.
    I have seen many many post about people complaining about Formula C from years ago, mostly about it being impossible to heat up the tyres (still largely an issue sub 15c track temps) I kind of cheat here aswell and turn tyre wear off and deflate the tyre to 70-80 to regain mechanical grip back like on Brno.

Anyway, thanks again for the info guys, guess I'll need to stop being a wimp and turn off the abs ha.
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem