Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I to blame for this?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Javaniceday View Post
    Thanks so much for your insight Yorkie. Love the videos, btw. Keep up the good work!

But the good news is that I redeemed myself this past weekend. Came home in a solid p2 at Silverstone, so at least there's that.

Thanks guys.
    I was in this race with you, and in the Silverstone race, where i finished behind you in 3rd. (iTractorboy), in my opinion the initial contact was a very late lunge, a dive bomb does not consitiute an overlap, (i have seen the full footage of this) which left you no real place to go. As for the rejoin, whilst it looked safe the fact the you remained stationary on track and got hit, has to be deemed as your fault. The whole Watkins race was a clusterf@~k TBH and was not an ideal first race for you to experience.
    Last edited by justonce68; 25-09-2019 at 07:30.
    i7-8700k, liquid cooled, 1080Ti. Oculus Rift VR, Fanatec Clubsport V2.5, Universal Hub SQ Shifter, Pedals V3, GT Omega Pro cockpit
    The following user likes this Post: Javaniceday

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Javaniceday View Post
    would you say 100%?
    Yes.
    PS4 Pro - T300 Alcantara - T3PA - TH8A - Wheel Stand Pro
    The following user likes this Post: Javaniceday

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by justonce68 View Post
    I was in this race with you, and in the Silverstone race, where i finished behind you in 3rd. (iTractorboy), in my opinion the initial contact was a very late lunge, a dive bomb does not consitiute an overlap, (i have seen the full footage of this) which left you no real place to go. As for the rejoin, whilst it looked safe the fact the you remained stationary on track and got hit, has to be deemed as your fault. The whole Watkins race was a clusterf@~k TBH and was not an ideal first race for you to experience.
    Yeh, I didn't want to put the footage from the stream, the one from the other driver's pov, 'cuz I didn't want to put the other driver on blast, create drama or whatnot. I also felt like it was a dive bomb - a subtle one, but a dive bomb nonetheless.

And the rejoin, sigh, I wish I'd done a better job. Hindsight being what it is, too little time to make the right call. C'est la vie.
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem