Thread: Club Sport Dash Project - 'SV Mapper' Problem

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Unhappy Club Sport Dash Project - 'SV Mapper' Problem

Hello
    I have built a dash style button box for my Clubsport Wheelbase

This is for a PC rig. My rotaries, buttons and toggle switches are wired to a Leo Bodnar BBI - 64 USB Card. Rotaries & Buttons work Fine but 3 of the Toggle Switches are Latch type i.e. Always ON not like buttons which are momentary ON. So don't work properly in PC2.

Instead I have assigned them to the key emulator software 'SV Mapper' and given them a keyboard KEY which I have in turn assigned in game. The Keyboard works in game but the Toggle Switch doesn't which suggests the Game isn't seeing SV Mapper.

SV Mapper creates an .ini configuration file. I have tried it in its installation folder, in the My Docs Project Cars 2 folder and the Steam Root Folder. None of this has given game access to the mapper!

Does anyone know where this .ini configuration file should reside? Or what it is I'm doing wrong?

OR

Failing that know a Key emulator that does work with PC2 and the BBI - 64 card?

I know I could switch the toggles to momentary switches but I'd like to get these Real automotive switches working if poss. before I give in!

All help appreciated
    Many Thanks

i7 920 O/C @ 4GHz
    Win 7 64bit AGV Antivirus
    NVIDIA GTX 1080
    Alienware AW3418DW
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Club Sport Dash.jpg  

Last edited by idiotboy; 18-09-2019 at 22:35. Reason: Add rig spec

Platform
    PC
    it's not possible, as pCARS just supports momentary, sequential switching. All is relative.
    Mapping keys from a button board to a keyboard mapping and than map that keyboard keys to game function is nonsense.
    All you get is slower response as it costs time and cpu cycles.
    Every car could be a race car, as long as you have the balls to drive it like that !

System MSI Mortar Titanium B450 | CPU Ryzen 5-1600x | RAM 32GB DDR4 | GPU RTX2080ti 11GB | OS Win 10 pro x64 V1903 | Screen Samsung KU6179 4k 49"
    Base Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer | Rim 458TX, GTE, T500RS Rim, TS-PC | Pedals Fanatec CSPv3 | Gearshifter TM T8HA | Button Box BBJ SimRacing 30F pro series
    HMD Oculus CV1 / HP Reverb | Motion Next Level Motion V3
    Devil's Core - Drivers Club ( german language )
    Closed Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/941216635916992/

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Club Sport Dash Project - 'SV Mapper' Problem

Quote Originally Posted by satco1066 View Post
    it's not possible, as pCARS just supports momentary, sequential switching. All is relative.
    Mapping keys from a button board to a keyboard mapping and than map that keyboard keys to game function is nonsense.
    All you get is slower response as it costs time and cpu cycles.
    Thanks satco1066 for the response and info regarding momentary, sequential switching.
    By sequential switching in this instance do you mean Rotary Switches?

Regarding the mapper being a nonsense - The leo Bodnar site suggests this software for use with its board in sims.
    Re the lost CPU Cycles. I get your point but since I'm only looking at the Ignition, Wipers, Lights & Seat adjustment so not concerned about time lost

Thanks

Platform
    PC
    WOW...your work is fabulous!!!!

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by idiotboy View Post
    Thanks satco1066 for the response and info regarding momentary, sequential switching.
    By sequential switching in this instance do you mean Rotary Switches?

Regarding the mapper being a nonsense - The leo Bodnar site suggests this software for use with its board in sims.
    Re the lost CPU Cycles. I get your point but since I'm only looking at the Ignition, Wipers, Lights & Seat adjustment so not concerned about time lost

Thanks
    no, i meant rotary encoders, not rotary switches. Encoders give just a pulse. Can be used as up/down e.g. for brake balance, abs, TC etc.
    Rotary switches normally sets fixed signal on one pin. That is a function only a view sims support. pCARS doesn't.

Where does Bodnar suggest to use that mapper. I have a buttonbox with BBI-32 and all buttons are directly assigned. Normally you need a keyboard mapper only for racing games that do not support multiple input devices. Modern games do not need that.
    Every car could be a race car, as long as you have the balls to drive it like that !

System MSI Mortar Titanium B450 | CPU Ryzen 5-1600x | RAM 32GB DDR4 | GPU RTX2080ti 11GB | OS Win 10 pro x64 V1903 | Screen Samsung KU6179 4k 49"
    Base Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer | Rim 458TX, GTE, T500RS Rim, TS-PC | Pedals Fanatec CSPv3 | Gearshifter TM T8HA | Button Box BBJ SimRacing 30F pro series

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    no, i meant rotary encoders, not rotary switches. Encoders give just a pulse. Can be used as up/down e.g. for brake balance, abs, TC etc.
    Rotary switches normally sets fixed signal on one pin. That is a function only a view sims support. pCARS doesn't.

Where does Bodnar suggest to use that mapper. I have a buttonbox with BBI-32 and all buttons are directly assigned. Normally you need a keyboard mapper only for racing games that do not support multiple input devices. Modern games do not need that.
    Hi Satco

On Leo's web page dealing with the BBI - 64 and the 32 Button Boxes under the tab 'PRODUCT DOWNLOADS' He lists Links for RECOMMENDED THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE as follows:
    SV Mapper
    JoyToKey
    AutoHotKey
    GlovePie
    FreePie.

Cheers

Platform
    PC
    ok, as mentioned above, that is needed when your game does not support multiple USB devices.
    Many older games support only gamepad + keyboard or wheel + keyboard.
    But for most newer sims like pCARS1/2, AC,ACC,RF2,IR,DR1/2 etc. its obsolete.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks Harvey very kind

I can make the drawings available for the metal cut and dial artwork if anyone wants it.

Cheers

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Club Sport Dash Project - SV Mapper Problem

ok, as mentioned above, that is needed when your game does not support multiple USB devices.
    Many older games support only gamepad + keyboard or wheel + keyboard.
    But for most newer sims like pCARS1/2, AC,ACC,RF2,IR,DR1/2 etc. its obsolete.
    You obviously know your stuff.

However my understanding from sim builds featured on Youtube etc. is that SV Mapper allows latch type toggle switches (used a lot in modern multi USB flight sims) to be programmed as momentary key presses.
    So a legitimate use. I just need to get PC 2 to interface. As indeed it does with JoytoKey where you are able to set the path.