Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Simulators vs Codemaster 2016

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I googled it. Apparently you can remove the central pillar from view via camera settings but thats it.

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTulip View Post
    It has nothing to do with how easy it feels or does not feel. We have simulations from the 90s that are so hard that none can drive cars in them even close to a limit for several laps in a row. Yet no-one can argue that the simulation value of those would be greater to what we have now. Being difficult is not proof of that. REVS was damn hard on C64 in the 80s, it was a sim, yet no-one sensible would claim it a high point of a simulation.

More advanced it is, more natural it is. And easier it gets, until certain point and especially speed. I don't think that the high point of natural was F1 2016.

Also all of the current top crop of car sims have some cars that are very difficult to drive, and those that are easier or plain dead easy. Even harder to decide what is deemed a simulation just by their difficulty in handling.
    After playing around with Formula Rookie a bit more it is more difficult than any of the Codemaster F1 games but then again I barely tested setups but I feel setups wouldn't help tremendously. But that's prolly the intrention of these entry level formula cars, they are suppose to be that difficult. Now playing the higher Formula cars in PC2 its way easier than F1 games, you can feel much more and catch mistakes easier. And to the other guy about the halo, yes you can remove them from F1 2018-2019.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNaipaul View Post
    After playing around with Formula Rookie a bit more it is more difficult than any of the Codemaster F1 games but then again I barely tested setups but I feel setups wouldn't help tremendously.
    Well, you would be amazed on how a simple change in tyre pressure can make a difference in a sim. Try the same car in the same track in spring (colder) and summer (warmer) with the same setup. You WILL notice the difference especially as time progresses starting on the first laps before they rise to propper temp (or not... or overheat... )

It is particularly hard on longer racer that cross day / night because the pressure will influence tyre heat and wear and it is a pain to get right so the car behaves coeherently throught the race.

And this is just tyre pressure.
    ---
    My feedback is always on default setup unless stated otherwise. Auto-Clutch is OFF
    Still hoping for Estoril one day

| CPU: i5 8600K@5GHz | GPU: MSI GTX1080 Gaming X 8GB (397.31) (OC: +70/+450) | Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-p
    | RAM: 2x8GB DDR4 GoodRam Iridium 2400Mhz | PSU: Corsair TX850M | OS: Win10 x64 | Sound: Onboard Realtek ACL887 | C:\>: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB
    [B]| Monitor:[/B] 3x IPS LG23EA63 @5760x1080 (Bezel Corrected) -- HTC VIVE

| Wheel: CSWv2 + CSPv3(usb) + CSS SQv1.5 - (driver v310 - fw 455) | Damping: 100 | 900º
    | In game: Deadzones: 0 |Sensitivity: 50 | Damping: 0
    | Wheel Profile: Sens: Aut | FF: 100 | SHo: 100 | ABS: 0 | Dri: OFF | For: 100 | Spr: 100 | Dpr: 100

| FFB: RAW|Gain: 100 | Volume: 50 | Tone: 50 | FX: 50 [B]

| Visual FX: Default except Interion Flare: Off
    | Performance - Aniso: 16x | MSAA: Medium | Vsync: Off | Grass: Low | Envmap/Reflections/Shadows: Low/medium/low | Car/Track: High | Blur: Off
    | E. Mirrors: Yes | Particles: High/High | SS: 1.2 | Sharpening Strength/Clamp: 0.6/0.045
    | Driving assists: ABS/TC, maybe - SC always OFF
    | CmdLine: -ffb600 -skipcrowds

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by RomKnight View Post
    Well, you would be amazed on how a simple change in tyre pressure can make a difference in a sim. Try the same car in the same track in spring (colder) and summer (warmer) with the same setup. You WILL notice the difference especially as time progresses starting on the first laps before they rise to propper temp (or not... or overheat... )

It is particularly hard on longer racer that cross day / night because the pressure will influence tyre heat and wear and it is a pain to get right so the car behaves coeherently throught the race.

And this is just tyre pressure.
    Setups will change somewhat sure but it won't make a super drastic change just because of the nature of these lower Formula cars. These cars won't have the grip compared to an F1 car by a long shot. But that's okay, its alot of fun. When I first got the game about a month ago I messed around in VR with the Formula Rookie car and decided to try TT, i was in the top 60 at Knockhill after 20 laps with minimal setups, prolly can knock off about 1.5 more now so I can be within a second or so of the fastest time with no assist. I'm getting the feeling this game will be so time consuming with how much options there are with setups....my mind is spinning lol...can't wait to understand everything.

Platform
    PC
    After playing around with Formula Rookie a bit more it is more difficult than any of the Codemaster F1 games but then again I barely tested setups but I feel setups wouldn't help tremendously. But that's prolly the intrention of these entry level formula cars, they are suppose to be that difficult.
    Not sure if the FRookie intended to be difficult. It's a quite different car compared to an F1 car because it has no downforce/aero and thin tyres. It's also quite underpowered, meaning that you have to drive it very differently than a high-downforce 1000 BHP monster.

Now playing the higher Formula cars in PC2 its way easier than F1 games, you can feel much more and catch mistakes easier.
    Interesting point, which links to MrTulip's remark about how natural it is to drive (most) cars in pC2. If you feel what's happening, it's easier to drive. Not 'easy' as in 'simplified physics', but as in 'easier to feel the limit and make small corrections'. It's been stated many times before: driving a race car isn't difficult, it's only difficult to balance on the edge of control, and to do it consistently over a full race.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think
    The following 5 users likes this Post: hkraft300, John Hargreaves, MrTulip, PawelK, PostBox981

Platform
    PC
    The F1 games are more accurate to drive than in any sim lol. just codemasters hate boner because they can charge you once instead of monthly and rip you off
    The following user likes this Post: REXPITVIPER1

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by RyokoMaruyama View Post
    The F1 games are more accurate to drive than in any sim lol. just codemasters hate boner because they can charge you once instead of monthly and rip you off
    Umm... What?
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Umm... What?
    He prolly thinks this is an iracing or Raceroom forum 😁

Platform
    PC
    Not everyone here is a guy you know...

But anyways, I think people just love to hate Codemasters games and put down the F1 series as "arcade crap", when they have as much going on as the other sim racing games. It's just as valid as a sim racer as PCARS2 or rF2
    The following 3 users likes this Post: eMc0B, ProDriver, REXPITVIPER1

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by RyokoMaruyama View Post

But anyways, I think people just love to hate Codemasters games and put down the F1 series as "arcade crap", when they have as much going on as the other sim racing games. It's just as valid as a sim racer as PCARS2 or rF2
    No. Cm games are not as "valid" as other sims. They don't have "as much going on" as pc2 or Rf2.
    Not going to call F1 "arcade crap" though. They're really fun.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10