Thread: Help with event

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Question Help with event

For the most part, the steering is fine but sometimes it's just awful i recently got the invitational event where you use an old.Lotus on the classic Hockenheimring track. It's fine on straight lines, slight turns when accelerating or sharp turns when going slow. However the steering is super twitchy at times, skidding every time, ane trying to correct the skid just causes it to skid more in the other direction. Using a controller and tried the default loose and stable setups. I know nothing about tuning to try and fix it myself so what do I do?

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Stable is usually best for controller.
    With most cars it is best to practice before seeking succour with set up changes, if you are not careful you can make things worse. I tend to stick with defaults and learn the car's foibles.

It would be helpful if you mentioned the exact car, tyres and conditions of the challenge.
    Xboxx, 58 inch TV, real fov 80, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec csw2.5, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Stable is what I was using before and found it worked fine for other cars, mainly some of the different formula cars. I'll post the details of the event soon. All I know is that it's hard accelerating out for sure: it's either too much and you skid or too little and you're too slow.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Just did the Knockhill Redline Trophy, gave up and set difficulty to 0 just to win because otherwise, with Automatic by weather or Hard tyres, it'd still slide all over the place as if I was on iceice or using normal, dry tyres.

For the Lotus event, it's the Classic Lotus Masters event which uses the Lotus Type 78 Cosworth on the Hockenheim Classic GP track. Takes place with medium cloud at 16:00 (probably not important). For the tune, tell me what you need to know.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Having similar issues on the first main Porsche race which is also on the ood Hockenheim track, but with rain and in some old Porsche. Only difference being it's"relatively" fine lap 1 , but after that, you can't seem to go above a certain speed without skidding. Even the gentlest of acceleration causes it to go all over the place until it's overtaken and can't do anything.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    You may benefit from using some driver aids and some more practice with cars that are less demanding to drive, Ginetta juniors, GT5, formula rookie.
    Xboxx, 58 inch TV, real fov 80, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec csw2.5, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    For actual career events, I'vedone Formula Rookie, C and Renault 3.5 and soon will be doing A. It's just those two I'm struggling with at the moment.