Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does anyone else find Hockenheim weirdly difficult?

Platform
    PC
    Another two places that I definitely need to figure out are:
    - the final two corners, I am still searching for a line that will not compromise the speed on the front straight
    - T10, where I think I fail to take advantage of how wide the track is on exit

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by PawelK View Post
    Another two places that I definitely need to figure out are:
    - the final two corners, I am still searching for a line that will not compromise the speed on the front straight
    - T10, where I think I fail to take advantage of how wide the track is on exit
    After the penultimate corner, I swing out wide and just touch the curbing to the outside while then focusing on hitting the inside apex of the curbing to the right, just before the straight. If you can hit that last Apex flat out and not go off the track (off to the left), then you know you've done it correctly. Use all the curbs you can here.

T10 is tricky because its limits are a little blind. But the blue curbing is pretty forgiving compared to tricky spots on some other tracks, so you can be pretty aggressive here. Try swinging out slightly to the left before making the right turn and get flat on the throttle as soon as you can.
    The following user likes this Post: PawelK

GT5 Pilot
    This is kind of follow up to my COTA thread, but not exactly.

And I know what some of you might be thinking: he can't drive COTA, now he's complaining about Hockenheim, he just can't drive at all.

But no, I would say that I can drive OK. I am not superfast, I am not an alien, but I think I am fairly competitive - A1595 at this point, not great, but definitely not terrible. And I feel reasonably comfortable on many tracks: The Glen, Brands Hatch, Sakitto, Spa, Monza, Laguna, Red Bull, Long Beach, Daytona road, Road America, Silverstone, Barcelona. Slightly less at Nurburgring, Donnington, Bathurst, Imola, but I think I am still OK, at least I do not feel hopeless there.

There are three outliers for me: COTA, which I hate and can't drive well, Algarve which I hate so much that I basically never drive there, and Hockenheim.

And the weirdest thing about Hockenheim is that, unlike COTA and Algarve, I actually like the track. I think the layout is interesting and challenging, and has a nice rhythm to it. It's only when I drive it in multiplayer, I am hopelessly bad, like 4-5 seconds per lap bad. I don't even know where exactly I lose most of the time, it seems that i am slow all over the place. There was one FRookie race in which I wasn't that off, but other than it was always really bad.

Does anyone else feel like that about this particular track? Any hints, suggestions, what to change,what to work on?
    yes Hocken is a pain in my ass, I can sorta race on COTA and Algrave but Hocken beats me up constantly.
    you're not supposed to go into the light, you're supposed to drift around it.
    Simulations 7:07
    drivers are not alive, the car is.
    Simulations 7:20

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by REXPITVIPER1 View Post
    yes Hocken is a pain in my ass, I can sorta race on COTA and Algrave but Hocken beats me up constantly.
    Ha, not only me then.

I tried time trial for a while yesterday, couldn't put down a single half-decent lap. I gave up, went to do some multiplayer, had a blast in a few races in FRookie, even won one of those albeit mostly by luck. I was in P3, and I think P1 and P2 had a contact, and I passed one of them and the other on let me through, maybe he got a penalty.

Then I had a few other good finishes, even came midfield in Imola (which I am not great at too, but not as much as 'heim) after I was punted in the first chicane, pushed into wall, and someone was blocking me from reversing out or recovering for like 30 seconds. So now I am an over-1600 driver who can't drive in Hockenheim :-).
    The following user likes this Post: REXPITVIPER1

Platform
    PC
    Ha, not only me then.

I tried time trial for a while yesterday, couldn't put down a single half-decent lap. I gave up, went to do some multiplayer, had a blast in a few races in FRookie, even won one of those albeit mostly by luck. I was in P3, and I think P1 and P2 had a contact, and I passed one of them and the other on let me through, maybe he got a penalty.

Then I had a few other good finishes, even came midfield in Imola (which I am not great at too, but not as much as 'heim) after I was punted in the first chicane, pushed into wall, and someone was blocking me from reversing out or recovering for like 30 seconds. So now I am an over-1600 driver who can't drive in Hockenheim :-).
    try it in a different car the indy cars are pretty easy to get around anywhere
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Intel Core i7-8700k cpu @ 3.7GHz 3.70GHz Ram:16GB 64 bit operating system Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.

Platform
    XBOX1
    I struggled with Hockenheim to. Especially those last few turns. For some strange reason I got a lot better at those last few turns after having to Master that section for a community event at Old Hockenheim. Love the Old Hockenheim. The New Hockenheim give me fits.
    CAR AIN'T GOT NO ROOF!!!!! - Young Dro

All difficult things have their origin in that which is easy, and great things in that which is small - Lao Tzu