Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fuel problem.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by PostBox981 View Post
    Problem is: Touching the ICM means going off into the green for me...
    Glad to see it's not only me :-). I mean, I can usually switch to a different strategy and stay on the black but only if the track has a really long straight
    The following user likes this Post: PostBox981

Platform
    PC
    It's also very hard for me change options with ICM. With my old G27 with the cross out of the wheel was easier because it's in a fixed positions and you can change things safely while driving. But with wheels with the cross in the wheel is very hard, and usually disappears before you finish making the changes you want and you have to start again without knowing you have changed. A shortcut key for fuel & tyres options would help a lot. I tryed with macros, but can't make it work.

About refueling, I try to avoid it always I can because I think you loose more time refueling that driving a heavier car (can't assure for all cars). Even with mandatory pit stops, I start the race with all the fuel needed to complete it and I avoid also surprises with the pit crew doing something different of planned.
    Last edited by Asturbo; 30-09-2019 at 14:30.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia RTX2080 | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung EVO 970 500Gb | Monitor: Acer Predator Z35P UW WQHD | Wheel: Fanatec CSW 2.5 | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator /// Open Weather App /// DS Config Samples /// Google Standings /// PC3 wish list
    The following 2 users likes this Post: MartinMWWebb, PostBox981

Platform
    PC
    We will never be F1 drivers haha - i also suffer with this! i can just about concentrate on driving haha
    CASE: Define Mini C TG l MOBO: Gigabyte Z370M DH3 l CPU: i5 8600k @4.8 l COOLER: Celsius S24 l GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 @1911 l RAM: 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz l SSD: 4x 250GB l OS: Win 10 Pro x64 l WHEEL: Logitech G29 l SHIFTER: Logitech G Driving Force l VR: Oculus Rift CV1 l Screen: LG 55" 4k TV
    Steam ID: MartinMWWebb
    The following user likes this Post: Asturbo

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    Yeah it is a very common bug, it becomes very apparent in multiplayer, because out of 20 drivers in the race you always get at least 1-2 which are shouting in dscord that the pit crew did not change their tires, or did not refuel them etc....

They're relying on the tyre change "recommended" or "default" pit strategy.
    Either of those 2 settings will only change tyres if the tyres are worn beyond a point, or refuel if the tank is empty maybe. They're automated options that don't work very well to read your mind.

I have separate custom strategies set for tyre change and/or fuel and/or repair only and I've never had a problem.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10
    The following 2 users likes this Post: PawelK, PostBox981

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by PawelK View Post
    Out of curiosity, for such a short race, does having slightly less fuel in first laps make you faster enough to compensate for time lost refueling?
    Not at all but just for the fun it is nice to add a mandatory pitstop.
    Steam: Bull Shark CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:Triple IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 7680x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake| Misc: Oculus Rift , Simlab GT1 EVO Rig , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    They're relying on the tyre change "recommended" or "default" pit strategy.
    Either of those 2 settings will only change tyres if the tyres are worn beyond a point, or refuel if the tank is empty maybe. They're automated options that don't work very well to read your mind.

I have separate custom strategies set for tyre change and/or fuel and/or repair only and I've never had a problem.
    I also have different strategies/setups but often it does not work as it supposed to work.
    Steam: Bull Shark CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:Triple IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 7680x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake| Misc: Oculus Rift , Simlab GT1 EVO Rig , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Olijke Poffer View Post
    Not at all but just for the fun it is nice to add a mandatory pitstop.
    Yes, I like mandatory pitstops too. If early in the race I am stuck behind a bunched group of people who fight between them and will likely crash me if I try to pass them, I take the pitstop early. But to have that flexibility and to minimize pitstop time I usually load up enough fuel for the entire race and set up a no-fuel no-tires no-repair pitstop (though I must try a 1-liter pitstop as well, someone told me it's shorter than no-fuel).
    The following 2 users likes this Post: hkraft300, Olijke Poffer

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Yes, I like mandatory pitstops too. If early in the race I am stuck behind a bunched group of people who fight between them and will likely crash me if I try to pass them, I take the pitstop early. But to have that flexibility and to minimize pitstop time I usually load up enough fuel for the entire race and set up a no-fuel no-tires no-repair pitstop (though I must try a 1-liter pitstop as well, someone told me it's shorter than no-fuel).
    Tip: If you can, hit the wall slightly on your way in, so you get aero damage 1 or 2 points (provided you do not want to refuel/change tires or have any other damage!). Then set your pitstop strategy to fix aero damage, this will make the pitstop last less than one second
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Olijke Poffer, PawelK

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Was the same for me for almost 2 years - then a few weeks ago I didn´t get tyres changed, last Friday once again.
    CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K@4.2 GHz | Mainboard: MSI X99-A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB DDR4-2400 | GPU: nVidia Geforce GTX 1080 ti Founders Edition | Oculus Rift CV1 | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 | Controls: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 / Forza Motorsport Wheel / Clubsport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ

In case you´re looking for some clean and relaxed online racing, take a look at this: www.malzbierbude.de

Platform
    PC
    Glad to see it's not only me :-). I mean, I can usually switch to a different strategy and stay on the black but only if the track has a really long straight
    During development I suggested to have at least the option to keep the ICM open until manually closed, with the close option on every page in the bottom line. This time I wasn´t heard.
    CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K@4.2 GHz | Mainboard: MSI X99-A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB DDR4-2400 | GPU: nVidia Geforce GTX 1080 ti Founders Edition | Oculus Rift CV1 | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 | Controls: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 / Forza Motorsport Wheel / Clubsport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ

In case you´re looking for some clean and relaxed online racing, take a look at this: www.malzbierbude.de
    The following user likes this Post: Olijke Poffer