Thread: Podium DD2 and custom FFB

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Podium DD2 and custom FFB

Hi!

I have a Fanatec Podium DD2 wheel base.

I'm having trouble with FFB. Was using a custom FFB-file from, then found a new one at Racedepartment that was totally magic. The next day the FFB was totally flat (like the default PC2 FFB). Tried turning wheel base/game/computer on/off, switching around the FFB and controller settings etc. Eventually, out of nowhere (and 1.5 hours of frustration), it was suddenly working again. Next day back to default FFB (ofc it is set to "custom" in FFB settings). Tried changing the custom FFB-file, but the FFB stays the same. Anyone had a similar issue? Im gonna try to reinstall the whole game today.

Regards,
    Andreas Dahl

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreasdDahl View Post
    Hi!

I have a Fanatec Podium DD2 wheel base.

I'm having trouble with FFB. Was using a custom FFB-file from, then found a new one at Racedepartment that was totally magic. The next day the FFB was totally flat (like the default PC2 FFB). Tried turning wheel base/game/computer on/off, switching around the FFB and controller settings etc. Eventually, out of nowhere (and 1.5 hours of frustration), it was suddenly working again. Next day back to default FFB (ofc it is set to "custom" in FFB settings). Tried changing the custom FFB-file, but the FFB stays the same. Anyone had a similar issue? Im gonna try to reinstall the whole game today.

Regards,
    Andreas Dahl
    Did you solve it?
    Sometimes I have the same feeling with my V2.5

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    No solution sadly :/

Platform
    PC
    Try deleting

Documents\Project CARS 2\savegame\32529839\project cars 2\profiles\default.controllersettings.v1.03.sav

Then re-setup your wheel etc. I have had similar in the past and have had to delete this file far too often for my liking.
    When I update my wheel driver, I have to delete it too or things just don't work as they did before

Haven't played in quite a while to be honest, but pretty sure that was the file and not default.sav
    RWB Racing International

Platform: PC Hardware: Fanatec Podium DD2 & CSv3 pedals CS Shifter, Rift S / 4K XB321HK / Triple XB271HU 1440p screens. i9 9900k, 32gb Ram, 2080ti, Samsung m2 ssd, Logitech Z906 5.1 surround system, Throne Thumper, ButtKicker Gamer 2 & SimVibe, Rseat S1