Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC release

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    So you guys actually prefer to have two launchers required for this game (R* Launcher and Steam) instead of just one (R* Launcher only)?
    I buy games on steam because my library is on steam. It has features I enjoy using. It has a storefront that has regional pricing mechanics. It's not waging one man's personal private war against a storefront and its convenient for me to use. So yes, I would rather use steam+first party launcher over just first party launcher or any other launcher combination that doesn't offer features I want to use.
    Self Proclaimed Captain of the WMD Debate team. Unofficial WMD spellchecker. I once corrected The Stig!

Gaming System ASUS FX502VM Gaming Laptop
    7700HQ i7
    6gb 1060 GTX
    8GB DDR4L
    1TB 7200RPM Primary HDD
    1TB WD Passport Backup HDD
    Wheels: Fanatec GT3 RS V2 (RIP) Logitech Driving Force GT (RIP)
    Thrustmaster T150 Ferrari Edition
    CSR Elite Pedals
    Xbox One Controller

SteamID:Shin321

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzah View Post
    I buy games on steam because my library is on steam. It has features I enjoy using. It has a storefront that has regional pricing mechanics. It's not waging one man's personal private war against a storefront and its convenient for me to use. So yes, I would rather use steam+first party launcher over just first party launcher or any other launcher combination that doesn't offer features I want to use.
    The only features I use Steam or any launcher is to buy and launch the games, that's it and I couldn't really care less where they launch from as long as they launch and stay updated I'm happy.
    GPU: Galax GTX1080Ti EXOC / CPU: Intel i7 7700K@ 5.1GHz/ Cooler: Noctua NH-u14s/ Mobo: Asrock z170 Extreme4/ RAM: 16GB Trident Z 3200mhz C14/ PSU: CM V750/ Storage: 4TB WD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/ Case: Storm Enforcer/ OS: Win 10/ Display: Philips BDM4065UC 40" 3840x2160p / GT Ultimate/ Wheel: Fanatec CSW v2/ Formula v2 - magnetic shifter Mod / CS Universal Hub - magnetic shifter Mod/ Pedals: CSR Elite/Steam/2ndLastJedi
    The following user likes this Post: Olijke Poffer

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDad View Post
    The only features I use Steam or any launcher is to buy and launch the games, that's it and I couldn't really care less where they launch from as long as they launch and stay updated I'm happy.
    I care about the games I buy, the people who make them available to buy, and where they are being sold. This matters to me. When a storefront enters the market half-baked and does shady business because one excessively rich and powerful CEO doesn't like another storefront for personal reasons, I'm not going to (BIG REDACTED) shop there. I'm sorry.

Some people don't care about where their goods come from, how they're made, and who sells it to them, I do.

Also I *really* enjoy regional pricing.
    Self Proclaimed Captain of the WMD Debate team. Unofficial WMD spellchecker. I once corrected The Stig!

7700HQ i7
    6gb 1060 GTX
    8GB DDR4L
    1TB 7200RPM Primary HDD
    CSR Elite Pedals
    Xbox One Controller

Platform
    PC
    I care about the games I buy, the people who make them available to buy, and where they are being sold. This matters to me. When a storefront enters the market half-baked and does shady business because one excessively rich and powerful CEO doesn't like another storefront for personal reasons, I'm not going to (BIG REDACTED) shop there. I'm sorry.

Some people don't care about where their goods come from, how they're made, and who sells it to them, I do.

Also I *really* enjoy regional pricing.
    If it plays when I click launch and the developers get more coin I'm happy.
    GPU: Galax GTX1080Ti EXOC / CPU: Intel i7 7700K@ 5.1GHz/ Cooler: Noctua NH-u14s/ Mobo: Asrock z170 Extreme4/ RAM: 16GB Trident Z 3200mhz C14/ PSU: CM V750/ Storage: 4TB WD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/ Case: Storm Enforcer/ OS: Win 10/ Display: Philips BDM4065UC 40" 3840x2160p / GT Ultimate/ Wheel: Fanatec CSW v2/ Formula v2 - magnetic shifter Mod / CS Universal Hub - magnetic shifter Mod/ Pedals: CSR Elite/Steam/2ndLastJedi

Platform
    PC
    If it plays when I click launch and the developers get more coin I'm happy.
    You can live in this pipe dream if you want to. The developers aren't getting more money from you if you're buying EGS exclusives (or more appropriately EGS Steam Delays). In most cases, The PUBLISHER negotiated a deal for an advance sum of money they will take THEIR cut from, from under the developers. Tied their hands, then probably underpaid them from the projection and told them this was the safest option because challenging the saturated market was too risky.

Congratulations, it's a celebration, you're just making Tim Sweeney richer by paying EGS directly to recoup their bribes for games to sell anywhere other than steam. But the free market choice games that went to EGS aren't fairing any better with the revenue split because EGS is cancer to anybody who actually wants to buy them, as opposed to Steam just being negligent in marketing them.

And you're happy with this because you just want to play games. That's fine. People used Foxconn electronics by the millions not knowing about the appalling work conditions or suicide rates of the people who made them. People wear clothes made in sweatshops, because they're nice clothes. People buy nutritional supplements thinking they're healthy.

People buy videogames published by and developed by bad human beings and sold by worse human beings just because they want to play videogames.

Being active for consumers so they'd be able to be informed and make decisions about what they are buying has been such a waste on my life. People don't care what goes into a product. They want the product and by gosh they want that product now.

Of course if you're just talking about first party launchers, you might feel great about having a hard drive with twelve libraries to manage, twelve accounts to manage, twelve directories full of subdirectories to manage, rigid pricing, uninspiring sales, but maybe, the one odd promotion where you get a 15 year old flagship game for free. So you'll put up with that too.

You make your own choices big guy, but none of this appeals to me.

7700HQ i7
    6gb 1060 GTX
    8GB DDR4L
    1TB 7200RPM Primary HDD
    CSR Elite Pedals
    Xbox One Controller

Platform
    PC
    You can live in this pipe dream if you want to. big guy,.
    Wow , okay mate , i didnt know developers where forced to sell on EGS . Oh well , i still haven't bought from EGS and will buy RDR2 from Rock star store directly.

Some of the free games on EGS are from 2015 to late last year , sure some may be from 15 years ago ....

Have you looked into Logitech / Western digital's Chinese work conditions and the wages of those Chinese workers (i see you have owned their products)? Do you only eat locally grown products and buy only locally produced products ? Hopefully you offset all your carbon emissions also ! You seem to be a very good person with only the best buying habits to support only the rightful recipients of your hard earned coin .

But do enjoy peoples passion

Platform
    PC
    EGS is cancer
    Not sure but it seems you haven't been touched by cancer in some way and i hope you never are to see how it impacts live so much worse than any game store ever could ! I find this reference rather childish !

Platform
    PC
    Not sure but it seems you haven't been touched by cancer in some way and i hope you never are to see how it impacts live so much worse than any game store ever could ! I find this reference rather childish !
    I agree.. cancer is a nasty disease. This has nothing to do with a company of course. You have all rights to say what you think about a company but please don’t use nasty diseases.
    Steam: Bull Shark CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:Triple IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 7680x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake| Misc: Oculus Rift , Simlab GT1 EVO Rig , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.

Platform
    PC
    Wow , okay mate , i didnt know developers where forced to sell on EGS . Oh well , i still haven't bought from EGS and will buy RDR2 from Rock star store directly.
    Ask Obsidian.

Some of the free games on EGS are from 2015 to late last year , sure some may be from 15 years ago ....
    I was talking about first party launchers just then. I literally qualified the statement.

Have you looked into Logitech / Western digital's Chinese work conditions and the wages of those Chinese workers (i see you have owned their products)?
    Logitech has had some issues in chinese manufacturing of products I haven't owned, and have rectified their involvement with those manufacturers as far as I know. As for Western Digital, I haven't found anything about Western Digital that would worry me in this way. Certainly nothing at the time I bought it. Certainly nothing like "This company had to be investigated because people kept throwing themselves out of buildings.". If you have any evidence of wrongdoing, I'll use it in consideration of future purchases though. But I don't think you do.

Do you only eat locally grown products and buy only locally produced products ? Hopefully you offset all your carbon emissions also ! You seem to be a very good person with only the best buying habits to support only the rightful recipients of your hard earned coin .
    I actually do buy locally produced product whenever I can and only really don't when they are out of season. I get game meats from friends and family who kill it. I get farm meats from a local butcher. I get produce at the farmer's market. When I do buy imported, it's from companies that I know have some amount of quality and don't really have scandals and legal trouble. Constantly. But thank you for saying that, I do actually try my best to make sure that the people I think who deserve my money get my money. Even if you were sarcastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Olijke Poffer View Post
    I agree.. cancer is a nasty disease. This has nothing to do with a company of course. You have all rights to say what you think about a company but please don’t use nasty diseases.
    Cancer has done an unbelievable amount of damage in my life. I really don't care if you are offended because I equate something I hate to something else that I hate.

7700HQ i7
    6gb 1060 GTX
    8GB DDR4L
    1TB 7200RPM Primary HDD
    CSR Elite Pedals
    Xbox One Controller

Platform
    PC
    Ask Obsidian.

I was talking about first party launchers just then. I literally qualified the statement.

Logitech has had some issues in chinese manufacturing of products I haven't owned, and have rectified their involvement with those manufacturers as far as I know. As for Western Digital, I haven't found anything about Western Digital that would worry me in this way. Certainly nothing at the time I bought it. Certainly nothing like "This company had to be investigated because people kept throwing themselves out of buildings.". If you have any evidence of wrongdoing, I'll use it in consideration of future purchases though. But I don't think you do.

I actually do buy locally produced product whenever I can and only really don't when they are out of season. I get game meats from friends and family who kill it. I get farm meats from a local butcher. I get produce at the farmer's market. When I do buy imported, it's from companies that I know have some amount of quality and don't really have scandals and legal trouble. Constantly. But thank you for saying that, I do actually try my best to make sure that the people I think who deserve my money get my money. Even if you were sarcastic.

Cancer has done an unbelievable amount of damage in my life. I really don't care if you are offended because I equate something I hate to something else that I hate.
    Of all the evil and despicable things and people in our world , i "hate" very little to even none ! There are things i dislike very much but to hate ....I really dont think i should burden myself with hate . Hate is a terrible thing and if there was less in the world the better we all would be

Im out of this discussion now .

I love you all and wish you all the very best . Peace to all
    Last edited by BigDad; 06-10-2019 at 12:42.
    The following user likes this Post: bporion