Thread: HTC Vive Cosmos and PC2 VR - Problems and support needed

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC

HTC Vive Cosmos and PC2 VR - Problems and support needed

Dear all

I need support for my brand new HTC Vive Cosmos. I'm a newbie with VR and the Cosmos is my first experience which I received today. Currently I don't get PC2 displayed on my Cosmos. I have read the VR guide here. What is unclear for me, when I take the settings from page one and making the change in PC2, are these settings still valid today or are there any changes to be considered for setting up PC2 optimal. Another question, when going back maybe once to nonVR-usage of PC2, do I have to change all the settings back within the game? Meanwhile is SteamVR available as beta, do I still have to create the VR-Shortcut first? Maybe a stupid question but if so, is there a chance to backup my current, nonVR-Ingame settings of PC2?

I tried to start PC2 VR but the game is only displayed on the monitor mostly. I got it once displayed on the Cosmos, but only as 2D screen in which the game stopped loading within the loading screen and nothing happened and the game freezed at this screen. I'm struggling completely, thats why a tutorial for the HTC Vive would be great. Anybody here which play PC2 with HTC Vive Pro or Cosmos meanwhile?

It would be very helpful and very kind to get support for the Vive Cosmos. Thanks a lot and kind regards.

Platform
    PC
    Are you launching the game in VR mode from Steam?

Library > VR > Project Cars 2 > Right click Play > Select launch in Steam VR mode

It should launch simultaneously on your monitor and VR HMD. Good luck.

The settings you save for the monitor monitor mode are seperate from VR, I think (I don't play in monitor mode).
    What line?
    PC: Ryzen7 2700x, RTX 2080 Ti, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD HD, Oculus Rift, Vive Pro and HP Reverb
    Wheel/Pedal: Fanatec Clubsport wheel, pedal, shifter and handbrake

Platform
    PC
    latest nVidia driver added Cosmos support. Maybe that can help

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vive_Cos.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	274101
    Every car could be a race car, as long as you have the balls to drive it like that !

System MSI Mortar Titanium B450 | CPU Ryzen 5-1600x | RAM 32GB DDR4 | GPU RTX2080ti 11GB | OS Win 10 pro x64 V1903 | Screen Samsung KU6179 4k 49"
    Base Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer | Rim 458TX, GTE, T500RS Rim, TS-PC | Pedals Fanatec CSPv3 | Gearshifter TM T8HA | Button Box BBJ SimRacing 30F pro series
    HMD Oculus CV1 / HP Reverb | Motion Next Level Motion V3
    Devil's Core - Drivers Club ( german language )
    Closed Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/941216635916992/

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I got PC2VR working yesterday and its quite impressive to sit inside of the cars :-). What are yur settings ingame of PC2, especially visuals, performance and camera? Would be great to get some additional recommendations and tips. Currently I'm running it with 2'560x1440. I'n nonVR mode I can run everything on high and ultra. Now I'm looking for the best settings to run in VR also with best visuals and running smoothly.:-)

Platform
    PC
    What are your PC specs? The settings depend on your PC specs. You might want to post them in your sig.
    What line?
    PC: Ryzen7 2700x, RTX 2080 Ti, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD HD, Oculus Rift, Vive Pro and HP Reverb
    Wheel/Pedal: Fanatec Clubsport wheel, pedal, shifter and handbrake