Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Left thumbstick still not fixed after 2 years.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC

Left thumbstick still not fixed after 2 years.

How come no one have noticed this? Probably the best game that has ever been developed. The style of developing and the style of game is simply the new standard for all future games. It is simply perfectly balanced on all aspects, it's simply the best game ever.

But then, how on earth did you forget to check and ensure if you actually have a correctly functioning steering input/output, in a freaking racing game. A freaking racing simulations game even. The amount of intelligence that is required to make this entire game, can you imagine that?

And then release the game, and I tell you over and over again, the left thumbstick on both all pc's that i've tried it on and on ps4 is completely misprogrammed. And no one notices this? Not anyone in the entire community after 2 years, still no one has a clue that the left thumbs stick is completely misprogrammed, regardless of whatever controller you use, on both pc and ps4. (haven't checked xbox cause I don't got acces to any).

Like, I have tried to steer with my right thumbstick, it's just weird, I'm not used to it, but I'll have to get used to it just for this game.

I don't know, maybe you wanna fix this, I'll leave it again here.

Left Thumbstick incorrect input/output:

So left thumbstick, when you leave it untouched, it is completely neutral. Let's call that 0%. Completely centered, in the middle, no steering input/output.
    When you push the left thumb stick, to the Left entirely and fully, let's call that 100% left input
    And when you push it all the way to the Right entirely and fully, let's call that 100% right input

The issue is as follows. When I push my left thumbsstick, 50% left input (halfway), the game gives me a 100% left steer output. And 50% right input the game gives me 100% right steer output
    And 25% left input gives 50% left steering output, and 25% right input gives 50% right input.

Now because many of you folks don't believe me, because you don't know the difference between 50% and 100% input, for some reason, I have found a way to give you a practical way of proving that this incorrect functioning and half cut state of accuracy of the left thumbstick is actually real. And I'm just saying this, because it's funny, that you got a racing game, where you forgot to program the left thumbstick correctly. It's just hilarious that after 2 years still no one has an absolute clue at all. Like what the hell is going on here... I know... I use ffb wheel aswell, it's just weird, that's all I'm saying.
    First of all, make sure your car is standing still, stationary, in the game. So that speed sensitivity does not limit your steering range. So that you can fully steer to the left and right in the game.
    Controller settings can be default, I don't think it matters what controller settings you use, as I haven't found any way of fixing this issue through the controller settings, whatsoever. Except simply using the right thumbstick, very awkwardly, which makes it somewhat impossible to brake, unless I reprogram my brain, but that's another story.

Now, to make sure that you have a practical way of knowing how much steering input you are actually giving the game, push left thumbstick to the top, dead center. north. Think of it as a compass. Up is north. Then rotate 45% degrees to the left or right, north east, or north west, and there you got 50% left or right input. And the game will simply steer 100% to the left or right. And as you continue rotating around the edge of your circular thumbstick range, 45 degrees further yet, untill you got a full 90 degree rotation to the east or west, meaning full 100% left or right input, the ingame wheel wont change, because you already reached 100% steering output when you gave just 50% steering input.

So you got a racing game, simulation even, with half the steering accuracy. Why this is so, I have no idea. The universe is a mystery. After 2 years no one has noticed it. One of the best game reviewers call this game "too hard or too challenging." Of course it's challenging if you cannot steer in a freaking racing game. This is just too funny, because you have designed every aspect of the gamepad steering in such a way to obscure the actual problem itself, is... YOU FORGOT TO PROGRAM THE LEFT THUMBSTICK, correctly. I know it's probably too late to fix it now, most gamepad players just go play other racing games, but still I thought you should know and maybe reflect on it. Cause often just in like racing, it's really the smallest detail that just ruins everything. I guess it's part of racing, so maybe you can have a laugh about it. Anyway, still best game ever, and looking forward to the future seeing more this kind of style of game developement. Amazing, awesome, kudos, and peace out.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Steering wheel animation is, IIRC, limited to 180 degrees. So the steering wheel animation is not an accurate way to measure steering inputs.
    Thrustmaster TX, Italia 458 wheel, T3PA-Pro, Firmware 54, Xbox One X, public OS, 24" 1080 monitor
    Don't miss Yorkie065's excellent videos: Ep26-LiveTrack pt1. Ep 27-LiveTrack pt2.
    Project CALC - unified leaderboards - Forum thread
    The following 2 users likes this Post: hkraft300, Zaskarspants

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Maskmagog View Post
    Steering wheel animation is, IIRC, limited to 180 degrees. So the steering wheel animation is not an accurate way to measure steering inputs.
    That's just for gamepad iirc.
    If I spin my wheel right round the animated hands follow.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Yes, that's correct, I should have clarified that, thanks.
    Thrustmaster TX, Italia 458 wheel, T3PA-Pro, Firmware 54, Xbox One X, public OS, 24" 1080 monitor
    Don't miss Yorkie065's excellent videos: Ep26-LiveTrack pt1. Ep 27-LiveTrack pt2.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Maskmagog View Post
    The wheel locks, the front tires locks to max rotation when you stand stationary, and you look at the front wheels, and you push your left thumbstick to north west or north east, meaning, 50% steering input makes the front tires rotate to max steering rotation.

And on the right thumbstick this is not so, it works and functions fully totally normally accurately correctly. Meaning 50% steering input, the ingame front tires rotate only halfway. Meaning you got double the control and precision and accuracy, as it is suppose to be, which is what the joystick was designed for and project cars 1 the left thumbstick did work correctly on both pc and ps4. And every other racing game out there aswell.

So are you saying that this game the front tires are designed to have seperate animation for the left thumbstick and the right thumbstick? So also the car rotates max. So are you saying that when I make a left turn, the animation of my car turning left, driving left rotating left, is actually an inaccurste representation of what the ingame car is actually doing? So where does the real ingame car go? Is it behind my tv somewhere? Cause I don't see anything there, except some dusty cables and stuff. Just a little bit dusty tho.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Don't put words in my mouth. I was explaining something that might help you. But if you rather make "funny" remarks, then by all means, be my guest.
    Good luck with your issue. Maybe there is a bug, maybe your controller is faulty?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    That's just for gamepad iirc.
    If I spin my wheel right round the animated hands follow.
    Yeah I also know this, but I'm not really talking about animation either, anyway. Just saying, if you got a controller you can try it out. But I understand most people play this game with a steering wheel, but maybe that's also because the left thumbstick has been forgotten to program to function to full range of accuracy.

Another way of saying it, there is an unremovable 50% outer deadzone to the left thumbstick, no matter what gamepad you use, tested on both ps4 and many different pc's. Still playable but allot more difficult and challenging on the left thumbstick.

I'm just gonna assume no one really cares. I don't expect another update anyway.

Platform
    PC
    I just tested this with my PS4 controller on PC and my left thumbstick is working fine for me.

50% steering input:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191010201836_1.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	159.3 KB 
ID:	274184

Name:	20191010201824_1.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	202.7 KB 
ID:	274182

100% steering input:

Name:	20191010201839_1.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	165.6 KB 
ID:	274185

Name:	20191010201827_1.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	202.5 KB 
ID:	274183

My guess is either your controller is faulty or your settings are wrong. There's literally no deadzone for me with linear controller sensitivity.

Edit: Please post a screenshot of your controller settings. Controller sensitivity must be set to 50 for a linear steering response, not 100.
    Last edited by Bealdor; 10-10-2019 at 18:27.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1
    The following 5 users likes this Post: bporion, hkraft300, Killso2, Mad Al, Maskmagog

I thought this sounded familiar..

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...-fix-Major-Bug

i7 4770K - ASUS Z87-A - 16Gig DDR3 (2x 8G Crucial Ballistix PC3-12800) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 840 250G SSD , WD 320G Blue, WD 6T Black, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative Audigy 4 - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - Gigabyte GM-M6880X Gaming Mouse - Fanatec GT3 RS V2 + CSP V3 + SSH Shifter - Windows 10 Home (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. i7-4790T - Asus H97-Plus - 16G DDR3 PC-12800 - EVGA RTX2060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i5-4590S - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX1050Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad
    The following 5 users likes this Post: Bealdor, blinkngone, bporion, hkraft300, Zaskarspants

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    What are your controller settings? Have you tried increasing steering ratio in the car's setup?
    Last edited by FS7; 11-10-2019 at 02:09.