Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Left thumbstick still not fixed after 2 years.

Platform
    PC
    tried my PS4 controller it also works fine even tho there was an inch of dust on it
    OS : Windows 10 64 bit \ Processor : Intel Core i7 8700k \ RAM : Corsair Vengeance led 3000mhz DDR4 16GB \ MB : S1151 ATX ASUS TUF Z370 PRO Gaming \ games on D : ST 1000DM003-1SB102 ATA Device \ ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB \ Cooler Master HAF XM case \ Dell Alienware AW3418DW \ Buttkicker Gamer Pro 2 whit Simhub \ Yamaha 5.1 amp \ RSEAT RS1 Assetto Corsa edition \ Fanatec V2 , Clubsport Shifter SQ , Clubsport Formula Carbon , BMW GT2 Wheel , CSR Pedals \ Renovatio SRD9C CSW sli-style data display \ Sim Racing Hardware Monsta \ Oculus Rift S and Touch System .

First racing game : Auto Racing from Intellivision .

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    I just tested this with my PS4 controller on PC and my left thumbstick is working fine for me.

50% steering input:

Attachment 274184
    Attachment 274182

100% steering input:

Attachment 274185
    Attachment 274183

My guess is either your controller is faulty or your settings are wrong. There's literally no deadzone for me with linear controller sensitivity.

Edit: Please post a screenshot of your controller settings. Controller sensitivity must be set to 50 for a linear steering response, not 100.
    I play with a controller and I play with some other pretty good controller guys also. This has been a conversation in the room on many nights. It hasnt been a problem for me I guess because I have found a lot of ways to get my car to rotate but some of my buddies tell me the same thing.

I have never had a chance to test this because I dont own a wheel but the way it was explained to me was that a wheel actually turns the Front wheels more. It should be simple to test. If you do a Pic at 100% Wheel Lock on a Wheel and then 100% on a Controller the answer will be right there.

It was better on PC1 but what CSL isnt remembering is how bad SMS got hammered in the community about how bad PC1's controller settings were and here 4 years later we want PC1's controller settings.
    CAR AIN'T GOT NO ROOF!!!!! - Young Dro

All difficult things have their origin in that which is easy, and great things in that which is small - Lao Tzu
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I just tested this with my PS4 controller on PC and my left thumbstick is working fine for me.

50% steering input:

Attachment 274184
    Attachment 274182

100% steering input:

Attachment 274185
    Attachment 274183

My guess is either your controller is faulty or your settings are wrong. There's literally no deadzone for me with linear controller sensitivity.

Edit: Please post a screenshot of your controller settings. Controller sensitivity must be set to 50 for a linear steering response, not 100.
    Hey, thanks so much. This is really shocking to me. I tested on so many different joysticks and controllers and gamepads and many different devices, desktops, pc's, laptops' even netbooks and variety of different cloud gaming services, servers and specs. Many reinstalls and game file integrity validations.

Suddenly, yours is working correctly. I am missing something here. I tried many sensitivities from 0% to 100%. 0% gives me less steering input for small adjustments, which is better, but doesn't fix the main issue with the 50% input giving 100% steering rotation.

So exactly how come yours is working fine? There must be something I did perhaps that is causing this issue. But I'm trying to think what it might be. I am thinking, I often set it to loose setup, but that's not it. My A.I. is often on 100% agressiveness, but that wont be it too I think, but always worth a try.

Anyway thank you so much for testing this for me, I'll come back here later. I'll for sure also post a photo of my joystick and screen image.
    Last edited by CSL-Drive; 13-10-2019 at 04:26.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC

50% steering input:

100% steering input:

This is on ps4

https://imgur.com/nXd98wT

https://imgur.com/OgKAujU

Can only seem to add link so I just uploaded to imgur

State of thumbstick:
    North west = 50% input to the left
    West = 100% input to the left

Front tires rotate max, ingame wheel aswell. As can be seen in both images.

Default controller settings on ps4.
    Last edited by CSL-Drive; 13-10-2019 at 04:25.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by FS7 View Post
    What are your controller settings? Have you tried increasing steering ratio in the car's setup?
    Always use default control setting. Loose setup. Many car, many tracks many custom setups control and car, makes no difference.

Several ipega controllers, ps4 controller, razer, xbox one, xbox 360 controller aswell. Pc, laptop, several cloud gaming service, many different servers. Ps4 slim ofcourse. Many different versions of the game.

So I thought it must've been the game at fault.

But now someone seems to have made it work on pc.

Anyway it's not that big of a deal. Just curious. Game is still playable, just 50 less acuracy than it would be on the right thumbstick which does work fine for some reason.
    Last edited by CSL-Drive; 13-10-2019 at 04:17.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Al View Post
    Lol ty, it's funny to read this old post. I was very frustrated at that time. Very often. With many things. It's good to see how much of that has changed. My life keeps getting better.

So funny often to read and reflect on my state of mind as written so long ago. Often I go to different forums to read old posts of mine just to have a good laugh. Like "omg I was so stupid back then, I'm glad I'm no longer that guy, I knew so little back then, I know so much now." xD
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    So coming to conclusion, you guys expect it to work fine, and so when you are inspired to a state of action, you're in alignment with your expectation, to then take a ps4 controller and use it on pc, which thus offers you an experience where it does work fine. For I have never tried to use my ps4 controller on my pc, as I don't even ever have managed to get it working on the pc, except with the playstation now cloud gaming service on pc.

I have overcome so many gamebreaking bugs by simply fine tuning my expectation to thus then be able to find the inspired path towards the allowed realisation of the fix that is fully available regardless of what evidence show for many or less. I have never applied it to pc2 yet, because I most often play it with a ffb wheel. But this seems like a nice challenge. Incase I ever feel like it.

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by CSL-Drive View Post
    Always use default control setting. Loose setup.
    Imo default controller setup sucks, feels numb to me. Removing deadzones & dampers/filters, setting steering sensitivity to 50% and speed sensitivity to 60% makes it more playable for me. Also I always set steering ratio to around 20.0:1 in the car's setup, most cars have steering ratio too low which makes cars more difficult to drive imo.
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by FS7 View Post
    Imo default controller setup sucks, feels numb to me. Removing deadzones & dampers/filters, setting steering sensitivity to 50% and speed sensitivity to 60% makes it more playable for me. Also I always set steering ratio to around 20.0:1 in the car's setup, most cars have steering ratio too low which makes cars more difficult to drive imo.
    Steering ratio shouldn't make a difference on gamepad. 100% steering input means 100% steering angle unlike using a wheel.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

Platform
    PS4
    Steering ratio shouldn't make a difference on gamepad. 100% steering input means 100% steering angle unlike using a wheel.
    Maybe it had a placebo effect because I used to increase steering ratio in pc1.
    Maybe it accentuated the steering sensitivity effect, I don't know.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10