Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Left thumbstick still not fixed after 2 years.

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    Steering ratio shouldn't make a difference on gamepad. 100% steering input means 100% steering angle unlike using a wheel.
    Using a Xbox 360 controller it does affect handling both in PCars1 & PCars2, increasing steering ratio makes the car less twitchy and easier to control. Personally instead of steering ratio I prefer adjusting steering lock and steering range separately like I do in most other racing games I play.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by FS7 View Post
    Imo default controller setup sucks, feels numb to me. Removing deadzones & dampers/filters, setting steering sensitivity to 50% and speed sensitivity to 60% makes it more playable for me. Also I always set steering ratio to around 20.0:1 in the car's setup, most cars have steering ratio too low which makes cars more difficult to drive imo.
    Yeah I ment when testing this, I always make sure to test default settings aswell.

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Hmmm I have a very simple solution for this entire thread, maybe get a wheel? ��

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNaipaul View Post
    Hmmm I have a very simple solution for this entire thread, maybe get a wheel? ��
    If you're willing to buy me a wheel and buy me a new apartment with enough space to setup a wheel rig I'd definitely accept it.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: GTsimms, hkraft300, Konan

Platform
    PC
    Please stop contaminating threads with your wheel elitism. People play the game they want or need to. Last warning.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think
    The following 9 users likes this Post: Bealdor, Cholton82, cluck, FS7, GTsimms, Konan, Mad Al, Maskmagog, Zaskarspants

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I have a wheel and I most often play with a wheel. I'm just saying, the left thumbstick is bugged for me on all devices I have acces to, since release till now. Except using the ps4 controller on my pc, which I haven't done. It seems to not be bugged according to what I've read about it here, but I haven't tested it.

I have tested however, the right thumbstick works fine, which can be used for steering, if one can get used to that.
    Last edited by CSL-Drive; 15-10-2019 at 21:31.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by DECATUR PLAYA View Post
    I play with a controller and I play with some other pretty good controller guys also. This has been a conversation in the room on many nights. It hasnt been a problem for me I guess because I have found a lot of ways to get my car to rotate but some of my buddies tell me the same thing.

I have never had a chance to test this because I dont own a wheel but the way it was explained to me was that a wheel actually turns the Front wheels more. It should be simple to test. If you do a Pic at 100% Wheel Lock on a Wheel and then 100% on a Controller the answer will be right there.

It was better on PC1 but what CSL isnt remembering is how bad SMS got hammered in the community about how bad PC1's controller settings were and here 4 years later we want PC1's controller settings.
    I think they're talking about speed sensitivty, which, due to the unremovable 50% outer deadzone on the left thumbstick, is by default set to 90+% in this game, which means, you can only steer your car, by adjusting your speed entry into the corner and around the corner. So you basicaly steer with your brake/throttle. And you cannot remove or lower the speed sensitivity settings, to get a max rotation at higher speeds, because you got twice as less accuracy on the left thumbstick due to the unremovable 50% outer deadzone. Which would result in very shaky results.
    Last edited by CSL-Drive; 15-10-2019 at 21:40.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by FS7 View Post
    What are your controller settings? Have you tried increasing steering ratio in the car's setup?
    The right thumbstick works fine. This bug is part of the game now. Just like the slightly mad studios logo. It's just a vital and essential part of the game.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	W09CM6.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	108.0 KB 
ID:	274315

This bug also has a certain law or principle by which it operates and thus relates to the player. For example, when you use a playstation 4 controller on the pc, the bug just seem to go on vacation. There is something that makes it insist to stay on the left thumbstick otherwise, perhaps it just wants to observe the play session, and assumes the left thumbstick is its regular spectators seat. But when you use a playstation 4 controller on the pc, the bug goes on vacation. Perhaps because it thinks it has to find a playstation 4 game session, so goes and flies off to another home, where someone is playing on a playstation 4, to observe your game.

It think this is could be a way for us, to communicate to other players, if only we could send message to them. We need to have an extremely accurate printer, to print a small text on a piece of light weight paper, and cut it out as small as possible, to then attach it to the bug somehow, and hopefully it will not be weighed down by it, so that it can arrive to the playstation 4 player safely. It also has to be a very small message, otherwise it wont be readable at all. like "hello"

I guess we can't really send a magnifying glass along with the message, that would weigh down the bug tremendously. Making it close to impossible for the bug to travel at all. Let alone travel safely... Perhaps, if it managed to detach from its own leg, which you have attached the magnifying glass to. Then it could make it way, without that legg unfortunately, to the playstation 4 player. Or wherever it intends to go. This is still theory ofcourse.

I however, do not intend to find out anytime soon. Because I have not yet been able to identify the exact location of the bug, on my left thumbstick. It is probably microscopically small. Or perhaps it simply knows how to manifest itself electromagnetically, via some kind of fractal step up transforming teleportation mechanism, to manifest within my left thumbstick, out of sight to my vision. So I also tried to shake my controller, and wiggle it around, to try and remove the bug, but that also didn't help. Perhaps this bug has a very powerful grip, like most insects often do. Not to mention their grip in relationship to their bodies weight, far outweighs the power that is required to stay grounded under most natural conditions. Including the stormy weathers on tree leafs. For otherwise the birds would also not have much food to eat either.

But no matter how much of their kind goes, there will always be those who come after them, fully interested in the art of teleporting into the left thumbstick of project cars 2 players. To make sure we always got a steady supply of willing volunteers, to bug all of us out. To such a steady and stable degree, that one could simply expect naturally, that this bug is indeed part of the global nature of reality now. It's here to stay for sure. Along with all of its sages and the entire community of project cars 2 left thumbstick teleporters, that these little creatures will for ever keep us company. I'm sure.

You can't just insist the bug to go away, ignoring the fact that they too act in full conscious wisdom. To not disregard the nature of life and by which it operates. There could be a very important message for all of us here. For we may not ever find an accurate physical representation for this bug, it could inspire us to explore the intangable codes by which it operates. For even the codes will not show any evidence of them, even tho they lay down the fundamental foundational essence by which they are capable of sharing our existance. In the end, it is contradiction that is manifest in these intangable codes, and very much acknowledgable, by the trained conscious entity who is capable of co-creating in this realm of focused thought, that they would perceive the contradiction within the intelligence that creates the negative sink and drainage of itself, for the mere purpose of taking thought beyond that which it has ever been before. And expand the entire creative universe thus, evermore, into higher degrees of accurate representation of inward resolutionary expansion, to the greater realisation of the greater reality that is in the making, ongoingly, by our very compassionately resonant finger tips, that define the very essence of our soul, and unique identity. To thus then be able to maintain its eternal expression into the infinite existance by which we fractal from and towards in our co-operative change of perspective of existance, that leads to the self reflective evolution of our comprehension that the left thumbstick is bugged.
    Last edited by CSL-Drive; 15-10-2019 at 22:29.

Platform
    PC
    Try deleting the controller config file and reconfigure everything.
    It's located somewhere under Documents/Project CARS 2 in the profiles folder.
    Deactivate Steam cloud saving for the game first.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

Superkart Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by CSL-Drive View Post
    The wheel locks, the front tires locks to max rotation when you stand stationary, and you look at the front wheels, and you push your left thumbstick to north west or north east, meaning, 50% steering input makes the front tires rotate to max steering rotation.

And on the right thumbstick this is not so, it works and functions fully totally normally accurately correctly. Meaning 50% steering input, the ingame front tires rotate only halfway. Meaning you got double the control and precision and accuracy, as it is suppose to be, which is what the joystick was designed for and project cars 1 the left thumbstick did work correctly on both pc and ps4. And every other racing game out there aswell.

So are you saying that this game the front tires are designed to have seperate animation for the left thumbstick and the right thumbstick? So also the car rotates max. So are you saying that when I make a left turn, the animation of my car turning left, driving left rotating left, is actually an inaccurste representation of what the ingame car is actually doing? So where does the real ingame car go? Is it behind my tv somewhere? Cause I don't see anything there, except some dusty cables and stuff. Just a little bit dusty tho.
    Get a proper sim steering wheel and stop whining.