Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Left thumbstick still not fixed after 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by snakehands View Post
    Get a proper sim steering wheel and stop whining.
    oh look, another pointless "get a wheel" comment.

i7 4770K - ASUS Z87-A - 16Gig DDR3 (2x 8G Crucial Ballistix PC3-12800) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 840 250G SSD , WD 320G Blue, WD 6T Black, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative Audigy 4 - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - Gigabyte GM-M6880X Gaming Mouse - Fanatec GT3 RS V2 + CSP V3 + SSH Shifter - Windows 10 Home (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. i7-4790T - Asus H97-Plus - 16G DDR3 PC-12800 - EVGA RTX2060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i5-4590S - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX1050Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad
    The following 5 users likes this Post: cluck, cpcdem, Konan, Maskmagog, Sankyo

Platform
    PC
    The OP already confirmed using a wheel most of the time, so let's stop the pointless "get a wheel" comments please.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    I'm curious about playing car racing sims with a controller...hmmm is it stressful on your fingers? Like in a 90 mins race does your fingers or thumbs start to hurt?, like do you get carple tunnel? Cause I play with a wheel with FFB maxed out so after racing continously for 90 mins my forearms can sometimes get sore. Like what do controller people suffer from? Thumb blisters, or breaking a nail? ��

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNaipaul View Post
    I'm curious about playing car racing sims with a controller...
    No, you're just finding opportunities to be a condescending ****.

Cause I play with a wheel with FFB maxed out so after racing continously for 90 mins my forearms can sometimes get sore.

Relax, Arnie.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10
    The following 2 users likes this Post: John Hargreaves, Zaskarspants

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    No, you're just finding opportunities to be a condescending ****.

Relax, Arnie.
    Annie are you okay, are you okay annie. Kraft milk products that produces cheese, are you my number 1 fan? We should play multiplayer with Formula Rookie at Knockhill cause it's the only car/track I know ��
    Last edited by JoshNaipaul; 19-10-2019 at 03:34.

Platform
    PC
    Annie are you okay, are you okay annie. Kraft milk products that produces cheese, are you my number 1 fan? We should play multiplayer with Formula Rookie at Knockhill cause it's the only car/track I know ��
    If hkraft300 doesn't play with FFB maxed out, will that still be OK with you?
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sankyo View Post
    If hkraft300 doesn't play with FFB maxed out, will that still be OK with you?
    I wouldn't expect him to he a strong guy so it's okay if he has FFB settings down a bit 😁

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I'm curious about playing car racing sims with a controller...hmmm is it stressful on your fingers? Like in a 90 mins race does your fingers or thumbs start to hurt?, like do you get carple tunnel? Cause I play with a wheel with FFB maxed out so after racing continously for 90 mins my forearms can sometimes get sore. Like what do controller people suffer from? Thumb blisters, or breaking a nail? ��
    It's very comfortable actually, and you can customize it to personal preference. Except the unremovable 50% outer deadzone bug on the left thumbstick, gives you 50% less accuracy/control with steering.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    Try deleting the controller config file and reconfigure everything.
    It's located somewhere under Documents/Project CARS 2 in the profiles folder.
    Deactivate Steam cloud saving for the game first.
    Thanks for the tip, I have no more time for further testing currently,
    but I have tested it again out of curiosity a few weeks ago, freshly installed clean windows.

And the playstation 4 is still bugged as I just played it, incase your solution does work on the pc.
    And I finally figured out how to upload images, bad quality but the only image I got.

Hope this helps clear it out without all the unnecessary writing.
    Again, tested on many different gaming pc's clean fresh installs, also cloud gaming services, many different controls, tho not tested ps4 control on the pc.

This is on the playstation 4. Tested today again, fully updated project cars 2 on the playstation 4 slim. I also have a red ps4 controller, does the exact same thing.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	north-west.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	165.4 KB 
ID:	274635
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	west.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	149.4 KB 
ID:	274636
    Last edited by CSL-Drive; 09-11-2019 at 00:48.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    For those who care, the right thumbstick does give full control or range of accuracy.
    Does require some brain rewiring. And the key assignment reconfigured ofcourse.

I don't see another solution for gamepad players.
    Except using the default settings as a duration steering mechanism, rather than a range steering mechanism.
    Which doesn't give you quick and fine tuned control and response capability.
    But you can, much like on the keyboard, simply tap left more often or less often to steer more or less.
    As the default settings has got a dampening delay system on the steering.
    Last edited by CSL-Drive; 09-11-2019 at 01:33.