Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: [NO] Do we have an ETA on Pcars 3?

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    Only negative thing (to me, of course not for the devs!) would be if such a game proves to be very successful $$$ wise, so makes them (any dev) steer away from creating sims, or makes them do the next "sim" in a very arcadey way, in order to try to make it that successful as well.
    Or you could see the positives and say the Madness Engine will get improved with funding a deep dark sim could never raise. Or you could even say Simcade/arcade could keep them afloat in spite of their real sim releases. So those won't become a liability. They will already know a sim isn't something you do for the big $$$, that's pretty much a given. They are here because of what their hearts tell them.

And to me personally the physics is what count. I love driving a well simulated car, I don't care if it's on a track. I actually prefer more open and unpredictable courses. I only REALLY loved the green hell until I knew upfront which corner was coming. That excitement is gone now. I'd welcome it if SMS did it like Forza and alternate between a circuit racer and an open world one. And that circuit racer would of course be on-par with PCARS2(and 1).
    Last edited by MaximusN; 13-11-2019 at 13:01.
    Life's too short to front wheel drive
    DD1, 918 Wheel, SQ V1.5 Shifter, CS Handbrake V1.5 , V3 pedals, INNO3D 1080Ti, 4770K, 55" UHD LG/Vive

/// MaximusDoriftus (Steam)

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusN View Post
    Or you could see the positives and say the Madness Engine will get improved with funding a deep dark sim could never raise. Or you could even say Simcade/arcade could keep them afloat in spite of their real sim releases. So those won't become a liability. They will already know a sim isn't something you do for the big $$$, that's pretty much a given. They are here because of what their hearts tell them.

And to me personally the physics is what count. I love driving a well simulated car, I don't care if it's on a track. I actually prefer more open and unpredictable courses. I only REALLY loved the green hell until I knew upfront which corner was coming. That excitement is gone now. I'd welcome it if SMS did it like Forza and alternate between a circuit racer and an open world one. And that circuit racer would of course be on-par with PCARS2(and 1).
    Yeah, I also like more open courses, in adidition to standard tracks though. And I agree, some good money from a different title can be a very good thing if they want to invest it in the thing they love to make (sim). But seeing how they have left (see Konan, I watched my wording here ) PCARS2 (and PCARS1 earlier) still so full of bugs and problems (and huge potential unfullfiled) makes me fear that the same thing may happen in the next sim release again, in order to put more focus again in the next mass market arcade game.

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    But seeing how they have left (see Konan, I watched my wording here ) PCARS2 (and PCARS1 earlier) still so full of bugs and problems (and huge potential unfullfiled) makes me fear that the same thing may happen in the next sim release again, in order to put more focus again in the next mass market arcade game.
    I'm pretty sure that's caused by the publisher(both unrealistic deadlines and limited money for support), but that will of course never be confirmed officially. Pretty much what happened with ISI and their unofficial patch(es?) of their Formula 1 titles when EA was the publisher. The publisher wants to move on to the next cash-cow even when the team wants to keep supporting. Now that that publisher is gone and the new 'owners' in place that might well become a lot better.

And in the mean time we'll get AMS2 so I'm pretty positive the Madness Engine is going (good) places one way or the other.
    Last edited by MaximusN; 13-11-2019 at 13:36.
    Life's too short to front wheel drive
    DD1, 918 Wheel, SQ V1.5 Shifter, CS Handbrake V1.5 , V3 pedals, INNO3D 1080Ti, 4770K, 55" UHD LG/Vive

/// MaximusDoriftus (Steam)
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Invincible, Konan

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I'm pretty sure that's caused by the publisher(both unrealistic deadlines and limited money for support), but that will of course never be confirmed officially. Pretty much what happened with ISI and their unofficial patch(es?) of their Formula 1 titles when EA was the publisher. The publisher wants to move on to the next cash-cow even when the team wants to keep supporting. Now that that publisher is gone and the new 'owners' in place that might well become a lot better.

And in the mean time we'll get AMS2 so I'm pretty positive the Madness Engine is going (good) places one way or the other.
    ...And the fact that Ian said "it will be released when ready this time".
    Off course no one knows what the big announcement will be so it might not even be for pCARS Revolution...
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I absolutely hope this is the case indeed and it will be completely different for PCARSR in that regard!

Yeah, but unfortunately Reiza is a small company and I am afraid we cannot expect overall quality (mainly gfx wise) close to that of PCARS2. But at least there should be less bugs, better sound, FFB and overall physics, as they have proven to do that already in their previous titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    ...And the fact that Ian said "it will be released when ready this time".
    Off course no one knows what the big announcement will be so it might not even be for pCARS Revolution...
    If there's one thing we can be totally sure about, I think that is that this announcement has nothing to do with pCARS Revolution!
    The following user likes this Post: Bliman

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Only negative thing (to me, of course not for the devs!) would be if such a game proves to be very successful $$$ wise, so makes them (any dev) steer away from creating sims, or makes them do the next "sim" in a very arcadey way, in order to try to make it that successful as well.
    I can understand that fear. However I would point out that Project Cars is SMS own intellectual property. The problem with licences is they come and go. I think SMS will stick with Project Cars and don't think they will make it more arcade (with the exception of the career) . I think once you establish a brand which has the reputation of a sim, making it arcade is not a recipe for success. Imagine Studio 397 made rFactor 3 as an arcade game. . If SMS had wanted to make project cars more arcade they could have done so and avoided the presumably hefty licence fee for Fast & Furious. This isn't SMS first venture into more arcade titles. Obviously there is Shift but there is also World of Speed which SMS worked on at one point and the Red Bull air game wasn't really full on sim. Ian's tweet on crowdfunding GT Legends or a Rally game also hints that sims are still very much in the picture for Ian.
    Last edited by David Wright; 13-11-2019 at 18:16.
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem