Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: [NO] Do we have an ETA on Pcars 3?

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Bliman View Post
    I don't see it that way. The fans wouldn't ask for a new game if Project Cars2 would have been build upon. A bit like Raceroom. But as soon if you stop developing and building upon a game. That is the moment that the gamers know that the game has been abandoned. That is no problem if there cannot be more bugs squashed or physics bettered (within reason ofc) but that was far from the case.
    From that moment when the game has been abandoned (for whatever reason, business or ideologically). From that moment people will be looking at a successor. And with that comes the pressure from the publisher (which now could be different) and developer.
    I hope this was more clear.
    Nope.

Abandoned is such a ridiculous term that you keep labouring, it frames the situation entirely negatively. I play every day and I cannot recall a bug that bugs me.
    Last edited by Zaskarspants; 20-10-2019 at 13:15.
    Xboxx, 58 inch TV, real fov 80, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec csw2.5, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskarspants View Post
    Nope.

Abandoned is such a ridiculous term that you keep labouring, it frames the situation entirely negatively. I play every day and I cannot recall a bug that bugs me.
    It does feel abandoned to me. Huge potential, but abandoned. But I am racing mostly online.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    It does feel abandoned to me. Huge potential, but abandoned. But I am racing mostly online.
    That is just hyperbole.
    Xboxx, 58 inch TV, real fov 80, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec csw2.5, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    That is just hyperbole.
    To you it might be, to me when when we have to deal with so many problems in every single league race we make, it isn't.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    To you it might be, to me when when we have to deal with so many problems in every single league race we make, it isn't.
    Clearly you still play and enjoy the game as do many others online, no game is perfect.

I have played online on several occasions and my challenges were not with bugs but with other racers, hence my preferring offline or TT competitions.

I think this adandoned/ finished false dichotomy argument has been done to death several times since the patches ended and I see that little can be gained from yet another rehash.

I will leave this exchange now as I dont want another long ill tempered and fruitless yea but no but back and forth.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Nope.

Abandoned can be for whatever reason. Imo Project Cars 2 had great potential. It also was a great improvement to PC1 for me (playing with a controller). But imo it could have been build upon and be more then just a game. It could have become a community and something that was much more a finished product .
    That is gone by going for this model. Imo they should have supported the game one year longer. But I agree we are rehashing things. But looking at the feedback. I don't think I am alone with that standpoint.
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bliman View Post
    On your second point. Are you saying that Reiza got a better engine? Where can I read that? And what was improved?
    Yes

https://www.racedepartment.com/threa...4#post-2981385
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Bliman, Konan

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Clearly you still play and enjoy the game as do many others online, no game is perfect.

I have played online on several occasions and my challenges were not with bugs but with other racers, hence my preferring offline or TT competitions.

I think this adandoned/ finished false dichotomy argument has been done to death several times since the patches ended and I see that little can be gained from yet another rehash.

I will leave this exchange now as I dont want another long ill tempered and fruitless yea but no but back and forth.
    I agree, but I just responded because you called Bilman's argument "ridiculous" and mine a "hyperbole". Indeed I still play the game a lot and I enjoy it a lot and I think in general all things considered it is still the best sim out there, but it is also so often extremely frustrating and VERY buggy, while other sims aren't anywhere near in that level.

About the online racers, unfortunately this is the case indeed in most public lobbies. And unfortunately it is the case for many organized leagues as well, there are very often 2-3 bad apples spoiling it for the others. But with some research you will definitely find a group with same minded people to have good fun and competitive racing.
    The following user likes this Post: Bliman

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by David Wright View Post
    Thank you

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20191110_074747_com.android.chrome.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	150.5 KB 
ID:	274644
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Asturbo, Bliman, Tank621, trylls