Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AI in qualifying vs Race

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Cholton82 View Post
    Just out of interest what car/tier was chomping through tyres in 3 laps at Algarve ? Only ever used Hards there and they last a long time . That’s with GT and Prototypes .
    Mostly open wheel or road cars (which are not in normal career anyway). It's not so much direct tire wear that was the issue rather excess tire temps which accelerates tire wear exponentially. The guide was written for beginners (like I was back then) and keeping up with the ai at high levels is brutally hard using hard slicks. You either lower the ai, use hards and run longer races or use softs and compete in a sprint race. I believe most newcomers would prefer fast cars and shorter races than longer strategic ones. Whenever possible in the guide I gave recommendations for max length races if tires were more durable.

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    I'm coming from Codemaster F1 games so I'm use to 90min races so I don't think I'll have this so called Tire wear problem. So this Tire wear thing is only for noobs that do short races?

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Huh " Lowering fuel load to 5 laps will often be enough to ensure closer q times to ai"?. Of course I would, who in their right mind would take extra fuel when doing quail?. I usually do it F1 style, just enough fuel for 3 laps, one outlap, one hotlap, and one inlap, are noobs actually not paying attention to how much fuel they carry?. I've watched a bunch of Youtube Videos of so called Racing Pros doing races but carrying double the amount of fuel needed.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNaipaul View Post
    Huh " Lowering fuel load to 5 laps will often be enough to ensure closer q times to ai"?. Of course I would, who in their right mind would take extra fuel when doing quail?. I usually do it F1 style, just enough fuel for 3 laps, one outlap, one hotlap, and one inlap, are noobs actually not paying attention to how much fuel they carry?. I've watched a bunch of Youtube Videos of so called Racing Pros doing races but carrying double the amount of fuel needed.
    Well everyone has to start somewhere I'd say beginner not noob as that's kinda derogatory. Just go watch project cars on twitch and before long you will see someone doing qualifying on a full tank default setup off they go. I politely tell them how to improve their lap times instead of laughing at them. In the F1 games the cars are fuelled depending on which session you are in by the team automatically. Pcars is one of the first games that doesn't hold your hand but gives you the power to make all the decisions yourself. Including the pit stops! If you don't create your own pretty quick you will be in the pits a long time!
    The following user likes this Post: Maskmagog

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by sloppysmusic View Post
    Well everyone has to start somewhere I'd say beginner not noob as that's kinda derogatory. Just go watch project cars on twitch and before long you will see someone doing qualifying on a full tank default setup off they go. I politely tell them how to improve their lap times instead of laughing at them. In the F1 games the cars are fuelled depending on which session you are in by the team automatically. Pcars is one of the first games that doesn't hold your hand but gives you the power to make all the decisions yourself. Including the pit stops! If you don't create your own pretty quick you will be in the pits a long time!

Incorrect, in the F1 games you choose how much fuel you take in quali, the game doesn't decide it for you or any session for that matter. The only thing the game will defualt is your fuel mix to Rich in quali, which I just override to lean on my outlap cause I don't need it and just before my hot lap starts I change it back to Rich.