Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Way harder than Assetto Corsa

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Way harder than Assetto Corsa

Hi together,

I got into Simracing by Forza 7 and just recently bought a wheel, Project Cars 2 and Assetto Corsa. So I'm definitely not anywhere good in the games, but I manage to get around the track in one piece and enjoying the time.
    I already had Project Cars 1 but never touched it before.
    By the way I'm playing on Xbox One (OG).

I played a lot of AC, PC1 & PC2 in the last weeks but it feels much harder to control the cars in PC2, as they tend to loose grip a lot easier than in the other two games, I don't adjust the setups of the cars in any of the games.
    I also noticed on some tracks, specific corners where I loose grip when coming out of the corner and just touching the gas pedal. Probably I'm just to fast coming out of those, but they feel definitely different than other similar corners on the same tracks.
    I read about the OG XBox bug and tried out races with and without AI but can't see a huge difference in handling, I also tried both loose and stable setups but both feel much more unstable than AC and PC 1.

I'm wondering why is that and if there are any recommendations how to improve stability of the cars in general ?

Sorry for my english, best regards!

Platform
    PC
    Please tell us what car(s) and track(s) you have tried.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojack View Post
    Hi together,

I got into Simracing by Forza 7 and just recently bought a wheel, Project Cars 2 and Assetto Corsa. So I'm definitely not anywhere good in the games, but I manage to get around the track in one piece and enjoying the time.

I played a lot of AC, PC1 & PC2 in the last weeks but it feels much harder to control the cars in PC2, as they tend to loose grip a lot easier than in the other two games, I don't adjust the setups of the cars in any of the games.
    I also noticed on some tracks, specific corners where I loose grip when coming out of the corner and just touching the gas pedal. Probably I'm just to fast coming out of those, but they feel definitely different than other similar corners on the same tracks.
    I read about the OG XBox bug and tried out races with and without AI but can't see a huge difference in handling, I also tried both loose and stable setups but both feel much more unstable than AC and PC 1.

I'm wondering why is that and if there are any recommendations how to improve stability of the cars in general ?

A video will do wonders.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Hi,from my part i have some issues with understeer out of corner while i'm on the gas.It's seems the front of the car go up and loosing grip event with stiff suspension.

Maybe it's the way the game is made.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojack View Post
    Hi together,

That quite surprises me as I always found it easier to keep a car on the road in PC2 than it is in PC1 and AC. To me PC2 feels smother and more predictable. PC-version here, maybe itīs a little different. Did you stay out long enough to get some heat into the tyres or just give up after the third corner because it didnīt feel good? No offense, just asking as I know you have to get over the first one or two laps before a car feels okay.
    CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K@4.2 GHz | Mainboard: MSI X99-A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB DDR4-2400 | GPU: nVidia Geforce GTX 1080 ti Founders Edition | Oculus Rift CV1 | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 | Controls: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 / Forza Motorsport Wheel / Clubsport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ

In case youīre looking for some clean and relaxed online racing, take a look at this: www.malzbierbude.de
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Bliman, gotdirt410sprintcar

Platform
    PC
    I used PC2 to practice for the Nurburgring and it was spot-on.
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ht=Nurburgring

This is just one car/track combo but other cars I have driven IRL also behave the same between RL and PC2.

I'm not saying these few examples prove all combos in PC2 are accurate, but I'm convinced the programmers at least had a good idea of what they were doing.

Check to make sure aren't running traction control and/or stability control. Those tend to make the cars not turn well at all.
    Steam name: z1nonly
    Windows 10 / 3800X / GTX 1080 ti / 32gb DDR4 @3600 / Oculus Rift / GTA-F racing simulator / Fanatec CSL Elite-P1 / CS V3 pedals / CS Shifter SQ V 1.5
    The following 7 users likes this Post: Dookie, GTsimms, hkraft300, kingsti, rich1e I, RomKnight, Zaskarspants

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by capersnip View Post
    Hi,from my part i have some issues with understeer out of corner while i'm on the gas.It's seems the front of the car go up and loosing grip event with stiff suspension.

Maybe it's the way the game is made.
    It's because you are using FWD cars, they have inherent understeer. Lift off to induce some oversteering.
    The following user likes this Post: MartinMWWebb

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    F1 2016 is the hardest game ��

Platform
    PC
    "Hard" is not necessarily the same thing as "accurate" or "realistic" or "fun".

Hard for the sake of hard makes no sense.

PC2 has turned out to be pretty accurate when I have had the opportunity to compare it to RL.
    Steam name: z1nonly
    Windows 10 / 3800X / GTX 1080 ti / 32gb DDR4 @3600 / Oculus Rift / GTA-F racing simulator / Fanatec CSL Elite-P1 / CS V3 pedals / CS Shifter SQ V 1.5
    The following 6 users likes this Post: DaWorstPlaya, FS7, GTsimms, hkraft300, John Hargreaves, PostBox981

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNaipaul View Post
    F1 2016 is the hardest game ��
    C.A.R.T World Series is the hardest game. Codemasters is for plebs and n00bs!
    Self Proclaimed Captain of the WMD Debate team. Unofficial WMD spellchecker. I once corrected The Stig!

Gaming System ASUS FX502VM Gaming Laptop
    7700HQ i7
    6gb 1060 GTX
    8GB DDR4L
    1TB 7200RPM Primary HDD
    1TB WD Passport Backup HDD
    Wheels: Fanatec GT3 RS V2 (RIP) Logitech Driving Force GT (RIP)
    Thrustmaster T150 Ferrari Edition
    CSR Elite Pedals
    Xbox One Controller

SteamID:Shin321
    The following user likes this Post: sloppysmusic