Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Way harder than Assetto Corsa

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I have found the opposite to be true. I had always been an overdriver in PC2, usually pushing too deep into corners and definitely losing time in the process. When I took a PC2 hiatus, I spent more time in AC. I found that my late-braking antics that I was getting away with in PC2 would not fly in AC, and would be met with horrible understeer. AC altered my approach and now I am braking earlier and hitting the apexes better. That benefitted me when I returned to PC2 and I'm finding a tenth here, a half-a-tenth there that I was missing before.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    So I spend some time testing yesterday and try to elaborate, but I think it is actually the OG XBox bug.
    I spend some time on Watkins Glen international with the Audio R8 LMS and remembered the two corners with the tire walls to be problematic for me.
    My testing was done with the default setup no damage and always in single race (not training and not qualifying). I had no problems on the track and also those corners I could run fine.
    Then I added the maximum amount of AI (level 10 to not get in the way) and repeated the race. I kept an eye on my tyre pressure and it was basically 1.80 bar +/-1 bar the whole race.
    I then spun out in the third round at the first corner with a tire wall.
    I checked the replay and noticed that the first two rounds I went through that corner with about 110 kmh and in the third lap with 90 kmh so about 20 kmh slower but still this time i spun out.

This is probably why I felt the game to be that hard, because of those changes in how fast I can take the same corner.
    So can a 20kmh difference be in game physics or is this the OG Xbox bug ?

Thanks and sorry for the late reply !

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I haven't run that combo but maybe the default camber is allowing the tires to have too much of a temperature differential between the inside and outside. Possible that the insides of the tires are getting too hot.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I could test some more and my setup stayed the same, Audi R8 + Watkins Glen, I did four 8 Lap races, the first and last without AI and the other two with 31 AI (Level 15 and startposition 1 to avoid any conflict with the AI). Results are clear, with the AI, the FFB is worse (it actually goes nuts at some parts of the track) and the handling of the car is worse.
    both races without AI not only felt much better, but also have been about 4 seconds faster per lap and 0 accidents. With AI each race I had at least one impossible to catch oversteer in a situation where this shouldn't happen.
    This is really annoying as I bought it because the Forza AI is really bad and I nearly exclusively race AI.

So on OG Xbox this game is definitely broken...
    It really baffles me that such an issue is still in the game as it is 100% gamebraking for the career mode.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojack View Post
    I could test some more and my setup stayed the same, Audi R8 + Watkins Glen, I did four 8 Lap races, the first and last without AI and the other two with 31 AI (Level 15 and startposition 1 to avoid any conflict with the AI). Results are clear, with the AI, the FFB is worse (it actually goes nuts at some parts of the track) and the handling of the car is worse.
    both races without AI not only felt much better, but also have been about 4 seconds faster per lap and 0 accidents. With AI each race I had at least one impossible to catch oversteer in a situation where this shouldn't happen.
    This is really annoying as I bought it because the Forza AI is really bad and I nearly exclusively race AI.

So on OG Xbox this game is definitely broken...
    It really baffles me that such an issue is still in the game as it is 100% gamebraking for the career mode.
    Of course you can rightly argue that if an option is available (31 AI) then the game should work with it, but how about running against less AI? If the game works fine with, say, 15 AI, the game would still be worthwhile I think? Of course if career only uses 31 AI then there's definitely an issue.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sankyo View Post
    Of course you can rightly argue that if an option is available (31 AI) then the game should work with it, but how about running against less AI? If the game works fine with, say, 15 AI, the game would still be worthwhile I think? Of course if career only uses 31 AI then there's definitely an issue.
    I agree for user defined races it's probably fine, I can't state that, as I read different things about how many AIs work there, maybe I test that later today.
    As I said it's gamebreaking for career mode, which is one of the advertised huge features.

Sure you can play somehow through it, but that's like playing through Doom 2016 campaign with bugged controls and physics but fine controls and physics in multiplayer, which would be a huge shitstorm for a more mass market game.
    That's just a really bad sign for me to stay away from other games of the studio.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinz View Post
    I used PC2 to practice for the Nurburgring and it was spot-on.
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ht=Nurburgring

This is just one car/track combo but other cars I have driven IRL also behave the same between RL and PC2.

I'm not saying these few examples prove all combos in PC2 are accurate, but I'm convinced the programmers at least had a good idea of what they were doing.

Check to make sure aren't running traction control and/or stability control. Those tend to make the cars not turn well at all.
    They had some assistance from feedback during WMD 2.
    Wheel Settings All of My Games (Slow WIP 8/2019)
    PC's used during WMD 2
    PC 1 Win 10 Home 64bit MSI 970 Gamer/FX-8350(4.2), 16GB Crucial, Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC (MSI AfterBurner 1100 and 1425)
    PC 2 Win 10 Home 64bit ASUS Prime X370-Pro/Ryzen 7 1700X 3.77 GHz, 32 GB Corsair Veng 3200 @ 2933,
    MSI GAMING X GTX 1070 (MSI AfterBurner 120/89/137/425)
    PC 3 Win 10 Home 64bit ASUS Prime Z270-A/i7 7700K 4.5 GHz, 32 GB GSKILL Trident White 3200, EVGA SC GTX 1070 (MSI AfterBurner 109/89/124/425) Oculus Rift CV1 (VR Cover for eyewear)

Monitor LG 29" Ultrawide 2560x1080
    Steam, Origin, Uplay, and Epic (GTsimms)

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GTsimms View Post
    They had some assistance from feedback during WMD 2.
    Every time someone says the physics in PC2 are not realistic, I want to share this example. Prior to this, I just had my RL experience in a few cars at random sites to compare to PC2 on various tracks I have never been to IRL. -But the cars behaved the same in PC2 and RL.

My experience with the GT-86 and the Nürburgring was about as 1:1 PC2 VS RL as it can get, and PC2 nailed it. I can't ask for more then that from a physics/driving perspective.
    Steam name: z1nonly
    Windows 10 / 3800X / GTX 1080 ti / 32gb DDR4 @3600 / Oculus Rift / GTA-F racing simulator / Fanatec CSL Elite-P1 / CS V3 pedals / CS Shifter SQ V 1.5
    The following 8 users likes this Post: Bealdor, DaWorstPlaya, GTsimms, hkraft300, Maskmagog, rich1e I, RomKnight, Zaskarspants

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinz View Post
    Every time someone says the physics in PC2 are not realistic, I want to share this example. Prior to this, I just had my RL experience in a few cars at random sites to compare to PC2 on various tracks I have never been to IRL. -But the cars behaved the same in PC2 and RL.

My experience with the GT-86 and the Nürburgring was about as 1:1 PC2 VS RL as it can get, and PC2 nailed it. I can't ask for more then that from a physics/driving perspective.
    Well, I have raced once against a real touring car race driver in a touring cars race (TC class, not the Clios) in PCARS2 and from what he told me it was nothing like the real thing. Well, possibly the fact that I had left him behind 2-3 seconds per lap in the race could have something to do with this , but on the other hand me beating him so easily is another proof that what he said is right. To be clear, he did not say that it is better or worse in other sims, just that what he was driving in PCARS2 was not realistic.
    The following user likes this Post: PostBox981

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Sankyo View Post
    15 AI seems to be the limit on the ps4 pro. Any more and things seem to go awry.

I wish they hadn't decided to run the AI on the seta model and simplified it in favour of ensuring that the player's physics and ffb work flawlessly.