Thread: PC2 Odyssey+ re-center camera not working..

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

PC2 Odyssey+ re-center camera not working..

Hi everyone, new to the forum and new to VR. I just got my Odyssey+ and have to say, outside of racing games, I've been loving the display on this headset. Anyways, my problem is that when I load into SteamVR's 3d space, the room with all the lines and directional arrows, the pop up display for the game loads below me, where my feet would be. After I load into a track, the environment loads around me as it should, save for the fact that I'm now ABOVE my car, when I hit the re-center button, I get a quick flash of the view re-centered properly, then I'm immediately back where I was, above the car. I should note, that when I use the re-center button in the 3d space on intial load, before being on a track, the same thing happens, the view of the "monitor" in the vr space will flash centered for a blip, then right back to below my feet. I've tried resetting my room scale, both in seated only and in calibrating the room space manually. I've tried loading WMR first, Oculus and Revive, then SteamVR, etc. I've adjusted the light levels in my room. Nothing I'm doing so far seems to work, and racing games are the only ones giving me trouble so far. I would appreciate any help, I havn't seen this problem raised yet, so I'm not super hopeful, but, who knows?

My system specs are - i9 9900k OC 4.4ghz
    16gb DDR4 4266 G.Skill TridentZ
    1tb NVME 970evo+
    MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON AC
    EVGA Gtx 1080 SC

Platform
    PC
    I have no problems using Odyssey+ with PC2, though I vaguely remember something like that in the beginning.

Here are a few hints, or how I do it.

1. set your headset to All experiences (not seated) in WMR, and then disable boundary.
    2. Start steam VR, then start Pc2 from steam after the button changes to "Play in VR". (I also use this step to ensure that after turning Steam VR on, my audio switches to the headset, sometimes it fails to do so.
    3. Once the second loading screen (one with a view of a track) disappears and there are screens with multiple logos, take it to the tracks etc, VR centering should work. I have it assigned to one of my wheel buttons.
    4. Every now and then the game would put me in wrong place when in the garage (or on grid). This is because it switches to a different camera than cockpit. Pressing space (or whatever key you have assigned to switch cameras) helps.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by PawelK View Post
    I have no problems using Odyssey+ with PC2, though I vaguely remember something like that in the beginning.

Here are a few hints, or how I do it.

1. set your headset to All experiences (not seated) in WMR, and then disable boundary.
    2. Start steam VR, then start Pc2 from steam after the button changes to "Play in VR". (I also use this step to ensure that after turning Steam VR on, my audio switches to the headset, sometimes it fails to do so.
    3. Once the second loading screen (one with a view of a track) disappears and there are screens with multiple logos, take it to the tracks etc, VR centering should work. I have it assigned to one of my wheel buttons.
    4. Every now and then the game would put me in wrong place when in the garage (or on grid). This is because it switches to a different camera than cockpit. Pressing space (or whatever key you have assigned to switch cameras) helps.
    This sounds similar to my start-up process, but I will definitely give your instructions a shot and update after. Thanks for the response, I appreciate any help I can get!

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I followed your instructions, no change, I'm kinda stumped here. I guess it's possible I just got a bad unit?

Platform
    PC
    just a question.
    Why do you start Oculus and Revive?
    Every car could be a race car, as long as you have the balls to drive it like that !

System MSI Mortar Titanium B450 | CPU Ryzen 5-1600x | RAM 32GB DDR4 | GPU RTX2080ti 11GB | OS Win 10 pro x64 V1903 | Screen Samsung KU6179 4k 49"
    Base Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer | Rim 458TX, GTE, T500RS Rim, TS-PC | Pedals Fanatec CSPv3 | Gearshifter TM T8HA | Button Box BBJ SimRacing 30F pro series
    HMD Oculus CV1 / HP Reverb | Motion Next Level Motion V3
    Devil's Core - Drivers Club ( german language )
    Closed Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/941216635916992/

Platform
    PC
    It's a good question, but at some point I was doing the same (specifically, Oculus and Revive would start automatically with SteamVR), and it did not affect VR in PC2.

End_Logik: I am trying to recall when I had the same problem and how I fixed it, but it only occurred to me a few times long time ago and I may never remember.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    satco1066 Initially I didnt use either, but after struggling with it, some suggestions on other forums recommended trying them. Using either Oculus or Revive made no difference running or not. I did make some progress though, after uninstalling the WMR software and reinstalling, setting up the room boundaries etc. I was able to get the view to run correctly, however i have to play WITH the room boundaries visible. If i turn the boundary view off, it reverts to my initial issue. But, I can atleast play for now. I've been debating a gpu upgrade, despite the cost..don't know if that would make a difference either, though.

Platform
    PC
    Oculus services are running in the background. I also had some troubles with oculus running in background when using my Reverb WMR headset.
    Revive and Oculus makes only sense if you want to play a game from Oculus store.
    To disable Oculus, go to services, stop and then set the two Oculus services to disabled.
    Restart your PC and then start again Windows mixed reality and setup your HMD.
    Then try again to start your game in SteamVR .

If you really need Oculus services sometimes, go to services again and set the Oculus services to automatic again.
    Every car could be a race car, as long as you have the balls to drive it like that !

System MSI Mortar Titanium B450 | CPU Ryzen 5-1600x | RAM 32GB DDR4 | GPU RTX2080ti 11GB | OS Win 10 pro x64 V1903 | Screen Samsung KU6179 4k 49"
    Base Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer | Rim 458TX, GTE, T500RS Rim, TS-PC | Pedals Fanatec CSPv3 | Gearshifter TM T8HA | Button Box BBJ SimRacing 30F pro series
    HMD Oculus CV1 / HP Reverb | Motion Next Level Motion V3
    Devil's Core - Drivers Club ( german language )
    Closed Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/941216635916992/