Thread: Enhanced Resolution or Enhanced Visuals

Platform
    XBOX1 X

Enhanced Resolution or Enhanced Visuals

Which one looks better ? I have chopped and changed between these settings for ages and canít really tell much between them. Mirrors look better in Enhanced Visuals but other than that Iím unsure.
    I play on a 4K Sony Tv for reference with all HDR modes possible and HDR enabled in the game settings.

Just wondered if there was a definitive answer , I think I prefer Resolution mode apart from the mirrors.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I use hi res for time trial and hi graphics for races.

The mirror isn't used in TT so I don't miss the better quality. I use hi graphics in races as the car models have less lodding and a more complete lighting model than hi res.

Hi frame rate is too chunky for me.

This on a 58inch hdr 4k TV with about 75 fov.
    Xboxx, 58 inch TV, real fov 80, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec csw2.5, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskarspants View Post
    I use hi res for time trial and hi graphics for races.

The mirror isn't used in TT so I don't miss the better quality. I use hi graphics in races as the car models have less lodding and a more complete lighting model than hi res.

Hi frame rate is too chunky for me.

This on a 58inch hdr 4k TV with about 75 fov.
    Yeah I donít use Framerate either , Do you find the interiors better in graphics mode ? And would you say things like dirt on track and rubber is more prevalent .

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Cholton82 View Post
    Yeah I donít use Framerate either , Do you find the interiors better in graphics mode ? And would you say things like dirt on track and rubber is more prevalent .
    The interior of cars, the dash, looks to be rendered in a higher Res so looks a bit smoother in hi res mode. The dirt and rubber on track and road surface detail looks similar to me but I haven't looked closely.
    Xboxx, 58 inch TV, real fov 80, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec csw2.5, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Maybe a few more track side details also , Frame rate seems a tad better in Enchanced Resolution.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Cholton82 View Post
    Which one looks better ? I have chopped and changed between these settings for ages and canít really tell much between them. Mirrors look better in Enhanced Visuals but other than that Iím unsure.
    I play on a 4K Sony Tv for reference with all HDR modes possible and HDR enabled in the game settings.

Just wondered if there was a definitive answer , I think I prefer Resolution mode apart from the mirrors.
    Enhanced visuals if yuo want to see better LOD, higher poly count, better shadows, track and car detail, all that stuff. But it isn't by a very wide margin.

Enhanced resolution for a flawlessly smooth picture (not as good as FM7 though), less jaggies, and consistent 60fps in pretty much all conditions.