Thread: From Oculus CV1 to Valve Index

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

From Oculus CV1 to Valve Index

I switched from an Oculus rift cv1 to the Index... I have tried uninstalling the game, deleting the game folder in my documents etc. Everytime I open the game in Steam VR mode it still opens up my oculus home to run the game from there. Now this would not be a big problem but for the fact that with all my settings either on off or low and no supersampling in game with 100% supersampling in steam I cant maintain 45 frames with a full grid of cars. On my rift I do not have this problem and didnt have it. Now the big thing is, I have recently switched to a 2080ti also... so there is something big wrong here.

Ironically I can manage to delete and fresh install the game to such an extent that I need to reasign my wheel and pedals but everything else stays the same as before I uninstalled and deleted. any advice would be welcomed

So just to summarise again, I did not change the settings in PC2 when I first moved from the CV1 to the Index, so to have dropped from 90 to not reaching at least 45 frames was completely unexpected.

Platform
    PC
    oculus services are running in the background.
    Go to services, then stop and disable the oculus services
    Every car could be a race car, as long as you have the balls to drive it like that !

System MSI Mortar Titanium B450 | CPU Ryzen 5-1600x | RAM 32GB DDR4 | GPU RTX2080ti 11GB | OS Win 10 pro x64 V1903 | Screen Samsung KU6179 4k 49"
    Base Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer | Rim 458TX, GTE, T500RS Rim, TS-PC | Pedals Fanatec CSPv3 | Gearshifter TM T8HA | Button Box BBJ SimRacing 30F pro series
    HMD Oculus CV1 / HP Reverb | Motion Next Level Motion V3
    Devil's Core - Drivers Club ( german language )
    Closed Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/941216635916992/

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Just did that, I'm also now running oculus as admin so that it does not open at all. So one step closer. But there must still be some file somewhere that was linked to oculus. I think I would still like to delete whatever that file.

I guess if I can not get my framerates up at all, I'll have to do a complete fresh install of windows. would just suck as I dont have a problem with my other games, so would be a whole lotta work for just Projects Cars 2

*i'm still not able to reach 45 frames with everything switched to off or low and 1.0 ss in steam and the game
    Last edited by Campo675; 12-11-2019 at 21:49.

Platform
    PC
    What are your PC specs? With a RTX 2080Ti are other supporting specs you should be able to run 120Hz on the Index.

Use DDU and reinstall the Nvidia display drivers 1st.
    If that doesn't work, uninstall Oculus software.
    And if that doesn't work try reinstalling Steam.

Good luck
    What line?
    PC: Ryzen7 2700x, RTX 2080 Ti, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD HD, Oculus Rift, Vive Pro and HP Reverb
    Wheel/Pedal: Fanatec Clubsport wheel, pedal, shifter and handbrake

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    other specs:
    i7 7700K overclocked to 5,0
    16gb 3000
    SSD

i have since read 2 other posts on flight sim forums and others of people switching from the CV1 to the Index and not getting 40 frames in the titles they play. I'm thinking perhaps there is some sort of gremlin here with this switch from cv1 to index and going from oculus home to steam vr to play these games