Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: SMS partner with Codemasters

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hargreaves View Post
    I'd guess we are safe. SMS have forgotten about this forum and CM don't even know about it. There's only a few dozen of us left here and nobody cares, that's why we like it
    Not completely, the only blue shirt I saw logged in today was Yorkie... but at least one of them hasn't forgotten about this place.
    Christiaan's Pure FFB (latest version: v1.03): http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ARS2-FFB-File)

Nicknames elsewhere on the web (incl. Steam, XBN, PSN, etc): LogiForce or LogiForce86

System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - EVGA RTX 2080 XC ULTRA 8GB - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - LG OLED55B8PLA TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)
    The following 2 users likes this Post: John Hargreaves, PostBox981

Platform
    PC
    I ever thought tha Yorkie is our biggest hope forPCARS3. He knows deeply the game, he keeps alert to the comments and the comunities, he has played many ours, and he is broadcasting races every week.
    He has suffer on his own all the "bad things" of PC2 so if he was listened in the development of PC3, things will improve a lot.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia RTX2080 | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung EVO 970 500Gb | Monitor: Acer Predator Z35P UW WQHD | Wheel: Fanatec CSW 2.5 | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator /// Open Weather App /// DS Config Samples /// Google Standings /// PC3 wish list

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by satco1066 View Post
    why should current project be abandoned?
    If pCARS3 is as far developed as Ian announced, for me it would be the only argument to buy this company.
    I think they, SMS, need the money to finish current projects or probably die.
    To buy a team with no future products makes no sense, the could have just licensed the Madness engine.
    To buy them and abondon all projects is just money burning. So absolute nonsense.
    It depends why Codemasters has bought them. I personally think they will allow Project Cars 3 to happen. And if it doesn't sell then it is game over.
    Codemasters also see it is a talented team and maybe they can use a talented team to spread over their team. So they can help on Grid,new ip etc...
    The other people could also help with a mobile game. Spreading the Codemasters name to other platforms. They also get a game like Fast and the furious for free. So it is a clever buy by them.
    I also think they will not have any independence. Why wouldn't SMS say so? It is in their interest to make that known as fast as possible.
    And you also have to take into account that there is a possibility that crucial players in SMS will go a different route now.
    So it all depends if they keep their independence. And we haven't heard that. So in my mind that means it won't happen. Because that is information is something that a lot of employees and other people need to know.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    SMS have forgotten about this forum
    I can assure you they have not...
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!
    The following user likes this Post: Fiyah

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan van Beilen View Post
    Not completely, the only blue shirt I saw logged in today was Yorkie... but at least one of them hasn't forgotten about this place.
    I can assure you there are more...
    The following user likes this Post: Fiyah

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bliman View Post
    It depends why Codemasters has bought them. I personally think they will allow Project Cars 3 to happen. And if it doesn't sell then it is game over.
    Codemasters also see it is a talented team and maybe they can use a talented team to spread over their team. So they can help on Grid,new ip etc...
    The other people could also help with a mobile game. Spreading the Codemasters name to other platforms. They also get a game like Fast and the furious for free. So it is a clever buy by them.
    I also think they will not have any independence. Why wouldn't SMS say so? It is in their interest to make that known as fast as possible.
    And you also have to take into account that there is a possibility that crucial players in SMS will go a different route now.
    So it all depends if they keep their independence. And we haven't heard that. So in my mind that means it won't happen. Because that is information is something that a lot of employees and other people need to know.
    In fact, CM has announced that Ian will remain SMS CEO. This seems official to me. According to this, SMS remains in one.
    MB=Asus ROG Strix B360-G Gaming, CPU= i5 8500/Alpenföhn Ben Nevis BLK RGB, GPU=Asus ROG STRIX GTX1070 DCII 8GB GDDR5, RAM=16 GB HyperX Fury DDR4 2666 MHz, PSU=Thermaltake Smart SE 730W, Case=Phanteks P400TGAG, Screen=Sony KDL32W705 1080p, OS=Win 10 Pro 64bit, Audio=SupremeFX SPDIF/OPT, Connect=1000/1000 Mbit, Wheels=Fanatec CSR.
    Group: 5% CLUB
    SORRY, MY BAD ENGLISH.
    The following 9 users likes this Post: Bliman, bmanic, cpcdem, Fiyah, Invincible, Konan, Maskmagog, MrTulip, Zaskarspants

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    I can assure you there are more...
    I am sure there are, but he was the only one I noticed as I don't look at the very bottom of the page often.
    Christiaan's Pure FFB (latest version: v1.03): http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ARS2-FFB-File)

Nicknames elsewhere on the web (incl. Steam, XBN, PSN, etc): LogiForce or LogiForce86

System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - EVGA RTX 2080 XC ULTRA 8GB - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - LG OLED55B8PLA TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan van Beilen View Post
    I am sure there are, but he was the only one I noticed as I don't look at the very bottom of the page often.
    A-ha!
    Better check your facts next time

(meaning the bottom of the page in this case)

Platform
    PC
    Sooo... 'dis a Codies forum now?
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted SOLD / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    A-ha!
    Better check your facts next time

(meaning the bottom of the page in this case)
    A-ha!

Better learn to read your English more thoroughly next time.
    I said that "I only saw", which only means those who caught my eye, but I don't stare at that part of the page 24/7 hitting F5 every other second. No sane person does. lol
    Plus there is that nasty option at login to hide your online status. So nobody publicly knows the exact amount of blue watching us, too many who might do in secret... like Bruno.