Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: SMS partner with Codemasters

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by rich1e I View Post
    There haven't been any changes in that department, to be fair, so if you didn't like their dirt physics before, then you will most likely not like it now either. I just think they absolutely nailed weight transfer and changes of direction, and ultimately how tyres interact with all the different kind of surfaces.
    Its not that I don't like it I just think the dirt physics in Pcars2 is better. I still play it here and there just other sims have kept me busy lately and with the new R3E update ill probably be busy with that one for a bit.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce RTX2080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega /SimRacing Bay 30nm OSW / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/
    The following user likes this Post: rich1e I

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by morpwr View Post
    Its not that I don't like it I just think the dirt physics in Pcars2 is better. I still play it here and there just other sims have kept me busy lately and with the new R3E update ill probably be busy with that one for a bit.
    I must say Dirt 2.0 IMO Car Feel and Physics was Rubbish when it was released... But Codemasters has Done a Great Job of getting it up to par and Feeling Really Good!!! If you haven't tried it recently I suggest you give it a Go you will be very surprised.

The way Codemasters Cleaned and Fixed Dirt 2.0 I feel PCars3 may have some hope as far as Much better Bug Fixing and may even turn out to be a Solid all around Sim Racer.
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: Asus Strix 2080ti OC Edition | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: HP Reverb | Rig: RSeat N1, Fanatec DD2, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim w/APM shifters, Formula Black F1, Astro A40 TR*, 3x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimeyDog View Post
    I must say Dirt 2.0 IMO Car Feel and Physics was Rubbish when it was released... But Codemasters has Done a Great Job of getting it up to par and Feeling Really Good!!! If you haven't tried it recently I suggest you give it a Go you will be very surprised.

The way Codemasters Cleaned and Fixed Dirt 2.0 I feel PCars3 may have some hope as far as Much better Bug Fixing and may even turn out to be a Solid all around Sim Racer.
    As I said, they haven't made any physics changes according to patch notes. Admittedly, coming from PC2 the FFB was a bit underwhelming at first impact, but after getting used to the physics and the game as a whole and after tweaking SAT and suspension settings it started to feel really great.
    After lots of people were complaining about the FFB Codies added a constant fake rumble which wasn't coming neither from the surface nor from the tyres, but it kind of felt more complete, maybe that's what you mean by 'better feel'.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Good news, as long as the Project Cars saga is respected. The improvements will be well received, but without losing the essence of this game.
    ////Forever Project Cars !!////
    My collection:Project Cars Limited Edition (All the DLC) - Project Cars 2 Limited Edition (All the DLC) - Project Cars Go
    Versions of the games:10.0.0.0.1198 - 7.1.0.0.1104
    Total DLC :34.Game with:Command Xbox.Project Cars Store:Project CARS Black T Shirt TS001.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by rich1e I View Post
    As I said, they haven't made any physics changes according to patch notes. Admittedly, coming from PC2 the FFB was a bit underwhelming at first impact, but after getting used to the physics and the game as a whole and after tweaking SAT and suspension settings it started to feel really great.
    After lots of people were complaining about the FFB Codies added a constant fake rumble which wasn't coming neither from the surface nor from the tyres, but it kind of felt more complete, maybe that's what you mean by 'better feel'.
    Dirt 2.0 I dunno what they Added or did but My DD2 was Lifeless...I had No Road or Bump Feel other than Wheel weight during steering input... What ever the case Canned FFB or Not Dirt 2.0 is feeling Really Good Now and I'm Really Enjoying it.
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: Asus Strix 2080ti OC Edition | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: HP Reverb | Rig: RSeat N1, Fanatec DD2, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim w/APM shifters, Formula Black F1, Astro A40 TR*, 3x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1
    The following user likes this Post: John Hargreaves

Platform
    PC
    I agree, FFB is definitely better now than at release, and DR2.0 physics is a big improvement on 1.0 to me. Codemasters have had their ups and downs, but F1 2019 and Dirt Rally 2.0 are two really impressive titles, so I think they are doing good work these days.
    i7-7700K/GigaByte RTX 2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Oculus CV1/HP Reverb/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member
    The following user likes this Post: Jescott71

Platform
    PS4
    I guess we can look forward to Project Cars 2020, 2021, 2022,2023 and so on at least.
    PS4 Pro
    T300rs - T3PA - STAND built out of MDF
    55" Sony Bravia KDL55W805
    PSVR
    eagerly awaiting support from PCars 2 *PCars 2 have been sold because of no PSVR support
    The following 4 users likes this Post: amazed, John Hargreaves, MrTulip, PostBox981

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Came over here from the codemasters forum after hearing the news. My first impression wasn't good, but perhaps this will be a good move for both companies. Let's hope that it works for SMS and PC3. It has been a long read this thread, but it's good to see this forum is more active than the codemasters F1 forum. I still have yet to decide if I will purchase F1 2019. Many it seems are tired of codemasters attitude, lack of communication, and the issues that still plague the game after 4 years on the same game engine. Others seem to think F1 2019 is the best version yet. In my opinion it's the best looking F1 title, but still fundamentally flawed.

I have only had experience with codemasters F1 titles, and whilst it's true that the series has improved over the years, there are still plenty of issues with the game. The biggest being the amount of legacy bugs they have to fix every year. Then when a new feature is added it very rarely works as intended, career r+d and driver transfers come to mind. Codemasters communication on their forum is very poor, and as I previously mentioned, most of the patches fix legacy bugs. Internal communication, it would appear, is as bad as the communication on the forum, codemasters could certainly learn from SMS in this regard. However as the parent, is it really that likely?

No doubt SMS can help with the physics and tuning model in the all codemasters motorsport games. F1 at least is very much simcade as things are. But that's only going to happen if codemasters wish to be more simulation based with their games. They may well baulk at the thought of narrowing the target audience with games that are hard to play for casual players compared to the challenge relished by the players who want a more accurate simulation. Likewise codemasters could help bring some atmosphere and polish to the career in Project Cars. Project Cars at times feels rather sterile and nerdy, it lacks the immersion of the F1 titles.

My hope is that SMS benefit from the cash injection, that PC3 retains its uncompromising simulation focus, and has longer than the years support the PC1/2 had.

Ultimately only time will tell...
    Last edited by chastewand; 19-12-2019 at 14:16.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: cpcdem, hkraft300, Konan, PostBox981

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hargreaves View Post
    I agree, FFB is definitely better now than at release, and DR2.0 physics is a big improvement on 1.0 to me. Codemasters have had their ups and downs, but F1 2019 and Dirt Rally 2.0 are two really impressive titles, so I think they are doing good work these days.
    I buy the F1 games every year, usually play them for a month or two then never bother with them again, but I'm still playing F1 2019 now that's how much I've enjoyed it. The improvements to career mode this year have been a game-changer for me, it keeps it fresh as every season feels different now whilst also maintaining continuity, so if Codemasters can somehow apply that to the next PCARS game I think it could be my new favourite racing game.
    ...You've seen how I react to people, make them feel good, make them think that anything's possible. If I make them laugh along the way, sue me. And I don't do it so they turn round and go 'Thank you David for the opportunity, thank you for the wisdom, thank you for the laughs.' I do it so, one day, someone will go 'There goes David Brent. I must remember to thank him.'
    The following user likes this Post: John Hargreaves

Platform
    PC
    With PC1 and 2, I've always loved the way you can hustle the car and move it around by shifting the weight and balance as you drive, you can really feel what the tyres are doing under you. This has been the biggest thing lacking in CM titles to me, and although F1 2019 is my favourite so far, if CM can somehow acquire some of this extra life in the F1 cars, then the future looks good, because every other thing about the game is well put together (maybe with the exception of lack of virtual mirror). It will be interesting to see it unfold at the very least.
    i7-7700K/GigaByte RTX 2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Oculus CV1/HP Reverb/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member