Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Negative camber on front tires does not physically show (replays)

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Shades of the 5/7 led thread here, remember that?

I struggle to grasp the horror the op exhibits here for similar reasons as it is not affecting physics and I strain to even see the visual effect. I very much doubt this has ever effected anyone's enjoyment of racing.
    Xboxx, 58 inch TV, real fov 80, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec csw2.5, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com
    The following 2 users likes this Post: hkraft300, Invincible

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy Mcboo View Post
    Still no excuse for such a dumb issue. I think this is going to be a first for me in decades of console racing.
    Visual representation of camber in replays in a sim has zero contribution to the improvement of lap time, vehicle tuning /development or driver skills.

Also lol @decades of console racing - we had toca years ago that was way ahead of its time, then pc1, ac and pc2. Everything else on console will make you a worse driver and therefore has little simulation value.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Invincible, PawelK, Zaskarspants

Platform
    PC
    The original PCARS didn't have cars' wheels turning in replays? I don't ever remember seeing this in PCARS on Xbox One, so don't know what you're on about.
    I think what he means is the front wheel steering angle was visually reduced in replays compared to actual play.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think

Platform
    PC
    Limited usage of minimum camber? In a racing simulator? Do you know how frequently negative camber is used on a racetrack, particularly if the layout demands it?

The original PCARS didn't have cars' wheels turning in replays? I don't ever remember seeing this in PCARS on Xbox One, so don't know what you're on about.

Thank you for offering closure around this issue - why on earth would they not have the negative camber showing on front wheels of all non-open wheel racers? Limited resources?

I don't ever remember front negative camber draining CPU or GPU resources in a racing game. I'm stumped. Please explain.

The issue is very, very annoying - that's all. I've stopped watching replays which was one of the reasons I loved hotlapping and racing for hours.

OMG, no - I'm watching replays and the camber on cars' front wheels looks horribly straight - as in flat straight from top to bottom - during straight line and cornering - even with GT race cars that go well beyong -4.0 camber !!!!

And FYI, negative camber shows just fine on ALL cars during racing. Didn't you read any of the threads posted earlier??

Are you reading this devs? The issue **only** pops up in replays and photo mode.

This is the goofiest, most ridiculous glitch/shortcoming/oversight I've ever seen in a racing simulator.

@ianbell Why Mr. Bell, just.... why?

Still no excuse for such a dumb issue. I think this is going to be a first for me in decades of console racing.
    Pffft. Well you seem to really enjoy getting irate. So the game now has a something that gives you immense joy. I hope you can identify something else in the game that can keep you happy.

Hope you have a happy and successful Holiday Season.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: hkraft300, Zaskarspants

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkngone View Post
    Pffft. Well you seem to really enjoy getting irate. So the game now has a something that gives you immense joy. I hope you can identify something else in the game that can keep you happy.

Hope you have a happy and successful Holiday Season.
    Let's backtrack here for a sec...

"So the game now has a something that gives you immense joy. I hope you can identify something else in the game that can keep you happy."

I think you're taking my words here and twisting them around a little. When did I say I have issues enjoying the gameplay? there are no issues with the gameplay. Just the fact that hotlapping replays look goofy with a straight up tire whereas you've set a -3.5 at the front.

You misread.