Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Negative camber on front tires does not physically show (replays)

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    I never watch replays so I never noticed.
    Well, a few times I have for race incidents so I'm not looking for details like camber.
    I know it works in the simulation aspect so the visual representation isn't a bother for me.
    Same here. I only watched the replays in case of an incident. Other than that, such a minor thing like the visual representation of camber in a replay doesn't bother me at all.
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted SOLD / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro
    The following user likes this Post: Zaskarspants

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy Mcboo View Post
    Thanks a lot for posting those shots - I did some testing and neg. camber looks fine on open wheel race cars. It doesn't show on any of the road cars. Pick any random non-race car from, say, Ferrari, Pagani, Ford or Lambo - and even with a low caster setting and -4 or -3.5 camber, you can't see it in replays and photo mode even though you do see it while you're on track.

Even the GT race cars have this bug. I think every car has it except for the open wheel ones. I tried a variety of GT2, GT1 and GT3 race cars - camber wasn't showing in photos or replays.

Unbelievable - how can this escape quality testing?

BTW, -5.0 IRL looks a lot more "angled" than these photos.

What's that now? They did this on purpose? The replays are locked at 30fps BTW. This is the Xbox One forum and I'm on an X. I've tried all settings, enhanced res, enhanced frames, enhanced detail - the negative camber won't show in replays.

Well, tough luck - but why is something like this even in the game? That's a huge oversight, IMO. Is it the same on PC?
    Well, when you said negative camber didn't appear in Replays or Photo Mode I chose open wheel because I expected to see it there, sorry. The wheels/tires are exposed. With Road/GT cars the fenders obstruct the view of the front tires in any driving mode I know of. So, it appears that on cars with fenders the tire/wheel will not come out of the fenders much even at full wheel lock, not much to see here.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pCARS2 2019-12-12 04-16-21-46.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	247.4 KB 
ID:	275651

Name:	pCARS2 2019-12-12 04-46-02-78.jpg 
Size:	254.8 KB 
ID:	275652
    To me the Catterham looks pretty good.

Name:	pCARS2 2019-12-12 05-05-30-00.jpg 
Size:	250.8 KB 
ID:	275653

Name:	pCARS2 2019-12-12 05-12-29-12.jpg 
Size:	249.2 KB 
ID:	275654
    When I make a full lock right turn the camber seems to shift positive(inside tire).
    Last edited by blinkngone; 12-12-2019 at 10:44.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: hkraft300, Zaskarspants

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkngone View Post
    When I make a full lock right turn the camber seems to shift positive(inside tire).
    Hey blink can you please try static front shots of minimum and max camber? Of the Caterham for example (bac mono, ariel or Honda 24 are similar).
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Hey blink can you please try static front shots of minimum and max camber? Of the Caterham for example (bac mono, ariel or Honda 24 are similar).
    Hey, sorry but the static Camber view on the Catterham is fixed negative, doesn't matter where you set it min or max. The BAC Mono has fenders so the Camber view is fixed less, although appears to be more than the rear. I would guess SMS made this decision because there would be limited usage of minimum Camber except for Ovals. It's still an improvement over the original PCars, the wheels didn't turn in replays. I'll check out the Nascar Fusion, which runs Positive Camber on the inside front but it has fenders.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    It's still a very wierd bug as it is showing up on all cars that do not have 100% exposed wheels - i.e. Indy, F1 and similar cars

I wonder if it works in the simulation aspect as intended?

Hey, sorry but the static Camber view on the Catterham is fixed negative, doesn't matter where you set it min or max. The BAC Mono has fenders so the Camber view is fixed less, although appears to be more than the rear. I would guess SMS made this decision because there would be limited usage of minimum Camber except for Ovals. It's still an improvement over the original PCars, the wheels didn't turn in replays. I'll check out the Nascar Fusion, which runs Positive Camber on the inside front but it has fenders.
    Good Sir, I am fairly certain that the negative camber not showing up is an oversight because negative camber can be seen on the rear wheels, but never the front. (this happens to all cars in the game except those with fully exposed front wheels - think Indy, F1, etc)
    Last edited by Speedy Mcboo; 12-12-2019 at 13:07.

Platform
    PC
    Good Sir, I am fairly certain that the negative camber not showing up is an oversight because negative camber can be seen on the rear wheels, but never the front. (this happens to all cars in the game except those with fully exposed front wheels - think Indy, F1, etc)
    It's not an oversight. I remember that we talked about it during development and that there was a reason behind it that they baked in front camber on open wheel cars, but did not on the others.
    Last edited by Invincible; 12-12-2019 at 13:18.
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted SOLD / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro
    The following user likes this Post: blinkngone

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Invincible View Post
    It's not an oversight. I remember that we talked about it during development and that there was a reason behind it that they baked in front camber on open wheel cars, but did not on the others.
    Yeah I think that is correct. The Fusion has a wide range of Camber, I maxed out the left front Positive and the right front Negative as you would for the Tri Oval. The Static camber seemed slightly negative like the fendered cars.
    When I drove the car full lock left the camber seems correctly to change in appearance inside to outside.

Name:	pCARS2 2019-12-12 08-21-47-19.jpg 
Size:	249.1 KB 
ID:	275655

Name:	pCARS2 2019-12-12 08-23-08-19.jpg 
Size:	234.5 KB 
ID:	275656

Platform
    PC
    It's still a very wierd bug as it is showing up on all cars that do not have 100% exposed wheels - i.e. Indy, F1 and similar cars

I wonder if it works in the simulation aspect as intended?

Well if you think that the sim(physics) part isn't working just go to the Daytona Tri Oval and run some camber tests. It is absolutely working.

OMG, are you looking at the cars from the crappy Chase cam view?
    Last edited by blinkngone; 12-12-2019 at 13:57.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: hkraft300, Invincible, Zaskarspants

Platform
    PC
    There is probably a lot more "glitches" of this kind, maybe not glitches really, but SMS decisions to balance visuals vs. burden on programming teams and on our computers.

Even I noticed, and I do not care about visuals. See here https://youtu.be/tSu5CdOu6TM?t=271 how the front suspension of my (yellow) car is compressed and the nose nicely goes down under heavy braking, while AI cars don't do that.

I have seen replays where some cars' front wheels "turned" only by switching between no turn and full turn. Maybe it was someone using the keyboard to play, but I would guess even in such cases the game smoothes out the input - but not visuals. Or the well known issue that the driver is not rendered beyond certain distance, from which it shouldn't matter. Except it's very visible in karts.

EDIT: I answered even though I missed the entire page 2 of the thread, but I think my comments still make sense

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Limited usage of minimum camber? In a racing simulator? Do you know how frequently negative camber is used on a racetrack, particularly if the layout demands it?

The original PCARS didn't have cars' wheels turning in replays? I don't ever remember seeing this in PCARS on Xbox One, so don't know what you're on about.

Quote Originally Posted by Invincible View Post
    Thank you for offering closure around this issue - why on earth would they not have the negative camber showing on front wheels of all non-open wheel racers? Limited resources?

I don't ever remember front negative camber draining CPU or GPU resources in a racing game. I'm stumped. Please explain.

The issue is very, very annoying - that's all. I've stopped watching replays which was one of the reasons I loved hotlapping and racing for hours.

Well if you think that the sim(physics) part isn't working just go to the Daytona Tri Oval and run some camber tests. It is absolutely working.

OMG, are you looking at the cars from the crappy Chase cam view?
    OMG, no - I'm watching replays and the camber on cars' front wheels looks horribly straight - as in flat straight from top to bottom - during straight line and cornering - even with GT race cars that go well beyong -4.0 camber !!!!

And FYI, negative camber shows just fine on ALL cars during racing. Didn't you read any of the threads posted earlier??

Are you reading this devs? The issue **only** pops up in replays and photo mode.

This is the goofiest, most ridiculous glitch/shortcoming/oversight I've ever seen in a racing simulator.

@ianbell Why Mr. Bell, just.... why?

Quote Originally Posted by PawelK View Post
    There is probably a lot more "glitches" of this kind, maybe not glitches really, but SMS decisions to balance visuals vs. burden on programming teams and on our computers.

Even I noticed, and I do not care about visuals. See here https://youtu.be/tSu5CdOu6TM?t=271 how the front suspension of my (yellow) car is compressed and the nose nicely goes down under heavy braking, while AI cars don't do that.

I have seen replays where some cars' front wheels "turned" only by switching between no turn and full turn. Maybe it was someone using the keyboard to play, but I would guess even in such cases the game smoothes out the input - but not visuals. Or the well known issue that the driver is not rendered beyond certain distance, from which it shouldn't matter. Except it's very visible in karts.

EDIT: I answered even though I missed the entire page 2 of the thread, but I think my comments still make sense
    Still no excuse for such a dumb issue. I think this is going to be a first for me in decades of console racing.
    Last edited by Speedy Mcboo; 13-12-2019 at 10:13.