Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motorsport 2020

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1

Motorsport 2020

Welcome to the 2020 edition of the thread which is for anything from IndyCar to Trackday Trophy.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Mazda set another course record at the Roar24 after last year's record with Oliver Jarvis. What a lap!

https://twitter.com/MazdaRacing/stat...59215846440961

Australia. Home of Mount Panorama, Bathurst
    Platform
    PS4
    I was happy to see the BMW RLL team that Supercars driver Chaz Mostert was a part of get a class win at the D24.

Platform
    XBOX1
    The memes are really starting to wear out and are getting old now in my view, so it's good to see them win again. On the other hand, the clear advantage they had over their competition makes me think that IMSA must've been very generous BoP wise. They were driving in a class on their own, somewhere between DPi and GTLM.
    Risi of course were complaining again, although their times were similar to those of the other cars. At Petit Le Mans they dominated, i guess they didn't complain back then ^^
    The battle between the Porsches and BMW was really exciting. Porsche didn't make any mistakes and still the 'beemer' drove away into the distance.
    It was also great to see Mazda on the Podium, and Keating driving in two different classes was really entertaining to watch. I wasn't sure if he was also driving the safety car xD What a guy.
    Last edited by rich1e I; 27-01-2020 at 15:19.

Platform
    PS4
    Apparently there's going to be a free live stream of the Bathurst 12h for international viewers on their website at the link below.

https://www.bathurst12hour.com.au/st...nal-streaming/

Platform
    XBOX1
    No words needed.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EPwW574XsAArDQZ.jpeg 
Views:	52 
Size:	75.2 KB 
ID:	277958
    The following user likes this Post: Womp83

Platform
    PS4
    Congratulations to them.
    I was happy to see them get the win. Love the sound of the Bentley GT3's. Shame the #8 car ran into problems late in the race, after the great job from those drivers to make their way from a last place start to running in the top 10. #7 and #8 bookending the top 10 at one stage.
    Would've liked to see the KCMG Godzilla on the podium as well, as they'd been quick all weekend.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Womp83 View Post
    Congratulations to them.
    I was happy to see them get the win. Love the sound of the Bentley GT3's. Shame the #8 car ran into problems late in the race, after the great job from those drivers to make their way from a last place start to running in the top 10. #7 and #8 bookending the top 10 at one stage.
    Would've liked to see the KCMG Godzilla on the podium as well, as they'd been quick all weekend.
    Yeah, shame KCMG dropped back a little bit towards the end of the race. They showed great pace throughout the race.
    Bentley brought the thunder and the weather the lightning in the end ^^ Quite chaotic end, and it started raining as soon as they crossed the finish line. I'm glad they took the win this year after last year's incredible bad luck. Gounon was 16 secs. behind Marciello and he devoured the gap to take the lead later on as if he had not eaten for days! Great effort, truly deserved win.
    What a drive from Team 59 Racing with their 720S' first time on the mountain. P2 after a 30 secs stop&go and a DT. Quite impressed by the McLaren and the straightline speed.
    The mountain bit quite a few teams again this year, even before the race. A race surely to forget for the Audi Sport Team Valvoline.
    Last edited by rich1e I; 02-02-2020 at 20:12.

Platform
    PC
    I'm just popping in to say I've never been happier with the quality of motorsports, but I've never been more disappointed in the quality of motorsports fans. I've never wanted to interact with the sport less in my life.

This was kind of the final straw for me today.

https://racer.com/2020/02/02/honda-v...indy-500-deal/

I will never support opportunities lost over past comments, in past situations, that were emotionally charged and made public somehow. I don't care if it's old tweets. I don't care if it's frustration over racing equipment. I don't care if its nude photos on insta. I do not agree with past statements from years ago affecting peoples lives.

I will never support manufacturers arbitrarily deciding who can and can not compete in their race cars fielded by non-bespoke privateer teams. Andretti Autosport has ties to Honda. But they are not OWNED by Honda any more than any other Honda powered car on the grid is. I don't think they should have felt like they needed PERMISSION to contract a guy and I don't feel like they should have asked for it at all, period.

I mean, Gosh guys, I'm really glad Honda didn't veto Santino Ferrucci over those F2 shenanigans in Europe in which on track activities got him banned and shady financial activities got him fired.

We'd never have got to see him grow as a person and become a great indycar talent.

But fans are are CONGRATULATING Honda? SUPPORTING Honda? Over this? I'm sorry. If you think this is good sporting where we lost a contender with next to no chance of securing a ride, and no chance of it being competitive because he said something in another time, in another series, about other equipment, with justified frustration. You're no good fan to me.

Like I said, this is just the latest blatant "Politics are the way life is in motorsport and the people did the right thing" event, and I couldn't not rant about it. Yeah these things happen in motorsport, but each and every time I'm going to raise my mouth about it because screw this stuff tbh. Just because it happens doesn't mean "Fans" should be fellating the people who do it, making sure they're rewarded with a big juicy salty load of more.
    Self Proclaimed Captain of the WMD Debate team. Unofficial WMD spellchecker. I once corrected The Stig!

Gaming System ASUS FX502VM Gaming Laptop
    7700HQ i7
    6gb 1060 GTX
    8GB DDR4L
    1TB 7200RPM Primary HDD
    1TB WD Passport Backup HDD
    Wheels: Fanatec GT3 RS V2 (RIP) Logitech Driving Force GT (RIP)
    Thrustmaster T150 Ferrari Edition
    CSR Elite Pedals
    Xbox One Controller

SteamID:Shin321
    The following user likes this Post: Silraed

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    On the subject of the GTLM BoP at Daytona (I'm late, I know):
    The issue wasn't as much that the BMW was quick as where it was quick. Due to the nature of the M8 GTE, to balance it out they give it a strong straightline performance but the corners balance it out, as was seen at Daytona.
    For Risi, they got screwed over. Last year they were on the pace of the M8 GTE and perfectly fair, yet for this season they worsened the Ferrari despite the M8 being the benchmark.