Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gift and The Curse Pt: 2 Tales from the Night

Platform
    XBOX1
    Chapter 13: THE WIZ OF AUS

"THE WIZ OF AUS" was short for The Wizard of Australia. This is actually a PCars 1 story. When I was running my room on PCars 1 this Dude would come in my room every night. Whenever I raced he was there. We never talked. PCars 1 didnt have a Server Browser early on but this guy always found my room. We ended up friending each other but even though we had friended we still hadn't talked. Every night he was there ready and waiting.

Now the Wizard was slow. Oh he was pitifully Slow. The crazy thing was if you ever got behind the Wizard he was Super Tough to pass. He was slow but was a really good driver and always a tough out. In saying all that he was a really clean Driver to. If you could get him he would let you go. I still hear my buddies hollering in the Headset " Im stuck behind the Damn Wizard". I would always say to myself that this guy is just destined to be slow.

One night after about 8 months of racing the Wizard came in my Party Chat. The Wizard basically came in the room to tell me that he loved racing with me and he said dude you got the best room on Xbox. I offered The Wizard some setup help and he politely denied it. He told me he hated GT3 cars but that he just enjoyed racing in my room. He told me he was a F1 fan and liked the FA car. He said he would never drive GT3 unless it was in my room. I again offered setup help and again he politely denied it. We talked a bit more and he left. He told me he was playing out of Sydney, Australia. I said to myself wow I just raced a dude on the other side of the planet.

After some inactivity I came back to the game and found myself in a Community Event for the FA car at Oschersleben C. Hope I didnt just murder that name. Anyway after about 2 and half days and about 15 hours tuning and practicing I posted my best time in the Event which placed me about 30th. I learned a lot in that event. I decided to take a look at Leaders to see who was the fastest at that point in the Event. To my surprise The Wizard was sitting right there in the number 1 spot. I couldn't believe it. The Wizard ended up finishing that Event in 5th and turned out to be 1 of the fastest FA drivers on the game which at that time I was just beginning to learn.

Preconceptions are a mutha. Just when you got life figured out it throws you for a loop. Just when you think you got PCars figured all the way out it always throws a curveball at you.

TO BE CONTINUED!!!!!
    Last edited by DECATUR PLAYA; 13-12-2019 at 08:19.
    CAR AIN'T GOT NO ROOF!!!!! - Young Dro

All difficult things have their origin in that which is easy, and great things in that which is small - Lao Tzu
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Bealdor, cluck, Maskmagog, rich1e I

Platform
    XBOX1
    Chapter 14: Super Aliens
    (Monza --:-- to 1:44:5)

Them Dudes at the Top of all your Leaderboards. Them some BAD DUDES!!!!!! I say dudes but there are also some Female Super Alien Drivers as well. I cant remember the Lady's name as I have never raced with her. I have only heard rumors. I got some buddies that don't want to Race her. They can't take it. HA HA HA HA!!!!!! Heard she was out of Texas.

Most guys believe that the times at the top of the Leaderboards are just Lagged times and in some very rare cases they may be. Most guys think that these guys know some hack or some trick to go Super fast and with some Racing games those assumptions were correct. If you think this way with PCars then you will never understand PCars. These guys are Driving the car in ways that most guys are not. These guys have a understanding of cars and tracks and weather and tuning that most guys dont. There are some natural Talents out there but 95% of these guys are as Talented as they are because they work at it. I have never raced Cluck but I know he is fast because he post his hours played and his Lap times at various tracks.

The Super Alien Drivers are generally the Top 10 guys on any Leaderboard for any Car Class. Community Event or Time trial. There are not many Super Aliens that can dominate in every Car Class. So different Disciplines have different Super Alien Drivers. S Aliens fall into 3 different categories as do all Alien Drivers.
    1)Lap time fast
    2)Raceday fast
    3)Lap time and Raceday fast(Most Dangerous)

Lap time fast means that they can sit there all day and peel off Lap after Lap until they finally hit that perfect lap. These guys dont generally do well in traffic though because they spend so much time lapping by themselves. Raceday fast is different. Raceday fast guys are generally guys that just have a pretty deep understanding of the game and just know how to go fast. The reason I say Raceday fast is because when they pop into a room it does not take them long to get their bearings and then just start popping off fast laps. They are also fast in traffic as well as being fast. When you have a guy that is the combination of the 2 then you have a guy that is almost unbeatable. He is going to put the work in lapping and then have the racecraft to beat you in a race.

I have made it to the Super Alien ranks on about 6 or 7 different occasions. My most proud was a 2nd place finish at The Texas oval with The Honda powered Indy Car. That Community Event took a chunk out of me as I put about 25 to 30 hours of work into that car that week.

I have had a chance to race against a couple S Aliens. 2 guys come to mind "THR Operator" and "EMW Fujiwara". If you go to the PCars Leaderboard (PC) and look under Monza GP with the Toyota TS040 Hybrid you will see Operator in 2nd place. I have raced Operator on 7 or 8 different occassions. He told me that he was moving to PC to see what the competition was like. He is a fast dude. I have never beat him. Got close enough to smell his fumes on few different occassions. He always liked LMP1. I have seen this guy at the top of a lot of Leaderboards.

I have only raced Fujiwara once. Fujiwara came into my GT3 room once on PCars 1. We was racing at Brands Hatch GP. He qualified 1st right at the end of the Qualifying session with a time that we had never seen before in 6 months of racing. We thought the guy was cheating. So then the race started. Fujiwara was gone. After about 5 or 6 turns he was already out of sight. By the time we got almost halfway around on the 2nd lap Fujiwara was coming up on the last turn. He had us by half the track in 2 laps. As he entered that turn his car went off in the sand and stopped. A lap later he quit. My buddies thought that he may have had a problem or ran out of gas. I thought that he just pulled over and quit. I figured he was so far ahead that he was bored. Last time I saw Fujiwara he was making Grand Theft Auto youtube videos.
    Last edited by DECATUR PLAYA; 19-12-2019 at 07:50.

All difficult things have their origin in that which is easy, and great things in that which is small - Lao Tzu
    The following 2 users likes this Post: cluck, rich1e I

Platform
    XBOX1
    Yeah, I remember Operator dominating the leaderboards on Xbox and I also remember Fujiwara in PC1. Quite a cool gamertag in my view, Fujiwara was the main character in the 'Initial D' anime series. He had to be fast ^^
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by rich1e I View Post
    Yeah, I remember Operator dominating the leaderboards on Xbox and I also remember Fujiwara in PC1. Quite a cool gamertag in my view, Fujiwara was the main character in the 'Initial D' anime series. He had to be fast ^^
    I knew that I knew that name from somewhere.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Chapter: 15 Aliens
    (Monza 1:44:5 to 1:46:5)

I was fortunate or maybe unfortunate to race every night with 2 Aliens in my race crew. 2 really good buddys. These 2 guys gave me fits. I could never beat them. I may win 2 out of 10 races against them. They always seemed 1 step ahead. They always seemed to know something that I didnt know. They found ways to win races even with a slower car. Trapworks and Bushman33. The common denominator between both guys they both out worked me.

Trapworks was a PCars 1 buddy. A 19 year old kid out of N.Y. This guy kept coming to my room and winning races. Everybody was like who hell is this guy. So my buddys said get him in the party. We got him to come in the party chat and the rest is history. We became race buddys. Every once in a while I would get Trap to do a Community Event with me as he didnt care for it much. After all night of working on the car I would have like a 18th position in the Community Event. He would come on and with just few of my setup pieces in a hour he would pop up like a 7th place time and then he would be like yeah Im done. Im like your done that took me all night for 18th and in a hour you pop up a Top 10 time. He would be like yeah thats as fast as I can go Im done. I was always scared to give him my setups. He would always say Decatur you be holding back. I would say Nall man Im just quiet a lot. I dont think he ever really understood how good he was. After a year of racing guys in the group thought Trap was cheating cause we couldn't beat him. Some kind of way it came up where Trap ended up sending me a screenshot of his Hours played screen. I was amazed. He had Double the hours than I had and I had more than anybody else in the group. The kid basically went to School and played PCars

Bushman33 was my PCars 2 Alien buddy that I couldnt beat out of Austin, Texas. Bush was not working when PCars 2 released and had loads of time to play PCars. I will make the story about Bush short and sweet. When I would get home from work get showered and take care of the Family I would fire up the old Xbox and get Bush in a Party Chat so we could get the night of racing started. I would say whats going Bush what you been doing all day. He would say Aww man I worked on the car for about 8 hours today. Guess what I found out. In my head it would be like UUUGGGHHHHH!!!!

It was tough racing these guys but at the end of the day it only benefited me. Steel sharpens Steel.

The following 2 users likes this Post: Bealdor, cluck

Platform
    XBOX1
    Chapter: 16 Solo Assassins
    (Monza 1:45:8 to 1:47:5)

Solo Assassins are a tough breed of Racer that quite simply roll solo. They don't do Party Chat. They don't do Race Teams. They dont do messages. They show up and they are ready to race. They ain't in the buddy making buisness and they race that way to. Solo Assassins are generally not as fast as Aliens because they work alone and dont get the benefit of group help. With that said some of them are really fast and generally determined to get faster.

There was this guy that used to come to my room occasionally but over the course of a 2 week span he started coming in nightly. I can't remember his whole name but I think it was Mexican Assassin. Over the course of that 2 week period I watched this guy get faster and faster. As he got faster he raced Nastier which I sort of enjoyed. He started as a Mid pack kind of guy but by the end of that 2 weeks he was running up front. He kept working until he finally got a win in my room. Every time I bumped into him after that 2 weeks of racing he was always a tough out. Really enjoyed racing against this guy.
    Last edited by DECATUR PLAYA; 15-12-2019 at 16:28.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Chapter: 17 The Rage Quitter
    (Monza DNF)

This will be a short story because Rage Quitters races are generally short. There is nothing you can do for a Rage Quitter. You can change the options and make all kinds of accommodations for them and they are still gonna quit. One of my good racing buddy's is a huge Rage Quitter. I've seen him quit my room go to another room quit that room come back to my room and quit my room again and then comeback 30 mins later and say a y'all guys still racing. I have seen this guy quit races he was winning cause he was bored with the competition in another room and then go in another room and quit because he couldn't win the race.

As much as he quit and got Mad with the game he loved PCars and raced with me every night. He would quit my room 3 times in a night say he hated PCars and that he was never playing it again and the next night he would be the first guy in the room.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Chapter: 18 The Average Guy
    (Monza 1:48:00 to 1:53:00)

Its been a while since I have played so the Average Guy is probably a lot faster than he or she used to be. That tends to happen with PCars. People who keep playing tend to keep getting faster. The last time I played some guys who used to be Average had become Solo Assassins or Lower level Aliens.

Average guys make up the biggest class of Drivers on PCars. I raced at Monza a lot on PCars 1 and know the track well but on PCars 2 Monza was like a whole different track from PCars 1 so my first Lap time at Monza that counted was a 1:58 which is slower than a average guy. It is actually the time for another type of driver that I will explain later. Thats how I know what Average is because I have been slower than Average. Remember every Fast Driver starts as a Slow Driver. With that said Average is not a bad place to be because if you Average then you are in the race.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Chapter: 19 The Slow Bloke
    (Monza 1:53:00+)

Its all kinds of guys that make up this Class of Driver. Its guys that are Casual and just want to be a part of a good race. They are not all serious about being the fastest guy and just want to take part. You got guys who may not be familiar with a particular car and they are just struggling with it. Some of these guys may just want to see what racing is like in particular car or car class. You got guys who are completely new and just trying to get a grasp of the game. Look PCars is a tough game and the learning curve is steep. I personally enjoy these Racers. I enjoy the company of anybody who is willing to come race with me in my room I enjoy the Company of anyone willing to share their time with me doing something we both love to do. Most good Lobby Leaders enjoy the company of these type of drivers. Whats crazy is these Drivers are typically good drivers with good race etiquette. Being Fast doesnt always mean you are a good Driver. Its a lot of Fast Drivers that are arrogant and Drive with wreckless abandon.

Slow Blokes generally get help faster than anybody else on the game. Its amazing how far little good race etiquette will take you. Let me explain. Lets say your about to get lapped and you know you got no chance so you pull aside so the Alien can go. One thing about a Alien they remember everything and a Alien and the other Leaders of the race will remember that small gesture and immediately after the race ends will send you messages and try to get you some setup help. I have seen it happen many times.

Again I like Full grids. At least full as the game will allow. So anybody thats trying to help me fill my grid out is welcome in my room.

TO BE CONTINUED!!!!
    Last edited by DECATUR PLAYA; 15-12-2019 at 16:33.

The following 3 users likes this Post: Bealdor, cluck, Maskmagog

Platform
    PS4
    I know you've grouped these drivers per qualifying times, but that picture changes a bit when you group by race lap times.

Ps I enjoyed this read, deca. Pretty well matches Ps4 scene.

I love the rage quitters. They blame everyone else for their incidents and never take any action to avoid or mitigate circumstances that can lead to a collision.

Average guy might be average at gt3 Monza but be a solo assassin level in a different class.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10