Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The Gift and The Curse Pt: 2 Tales from the Night

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Hey, after reading all those great stories in the last couple days, tonight I just had one of the very very best online races of my whole PCARS2 life! I do not know if this is hijacking your thread, apologies if so and mods please feel free to remove/move this to somewhere else, but it just felt natural to post this here as a reply. I think the whole stream below was worth it, but especially the 15 min race starting at 2:17:00 must be pretty good to watch...

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/523231764?t=2h17m

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by rich1e I View Post
    ... .
    Unfortunately SMS also made the mistake of sending the wrong signals by giving wrong incentives, so people started to target those 2000 performance points, which were necessary to take part in some community e-sports events, forgetting to just race and have some fun.
    Weren't they tt events anyway? I agree - don't see the point of a high point count for a tt event. Races are entirely different.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    DECATUR: Thank you for some fantastic reading, best thread in a long time!

cpcdem: Intense! I would have passed out Absolutely top class racing from lights to flag, easily one of the best races I've seen! Well done by you, I'll try to catch the final!
    Thrustmaster TX, Italia 458 wheel, T3PA-Pro, Firmware 54, Xbox One X, public OS, 28" 4K monitor
    Don't miss Yorkie065's excellent videos: Ep26-LiveTrack pt1. Ep 27-LiveTrack pt2.
    Project CALC - proper PC2 leaderboards for console - Forum thread

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Maskmagog View Post

cpcdem: Intense! I would have passed out Absolutely top class racing from lights to flag, easily one of the best races I've seen! Well done by you, I'll try to catch the final!
    Thanks man! As Decatur said and I absolutely concur, when PCARS2 works well, it "shines it's brightest when played against real people". That adrenaline rush you can get even from just a few minutes of online racing...not to mention what you get after 90 minute race... Problem is when you want to cool down and get some sleep after that

Btw, there was an incident in the beginning of the above race due to lag, so to keep things fair, it was decided at the end that all in the top-6 made it to the finals, which was a great decision!

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    Thanks man! As Decatur said and I absolutely concur, when PCARS2 works well, it "shines it's brightest when played against real people". That adrenaline rush you can get even from just a few minutes of online racing...not to mention what you get after 90 minute race... Problem is when you want to cool down and get some sleep after that

Btw, there was an incident in the beginning of the above race due to lag, so to keep things fair, it was decided at the end that all in the top-6 made it to the finals, which was a great decision!
    Thats crazy. I thought I was the only 1 who couldn't sleep after a good night of racing. It takes about an hour to get your Adrenaline levels to calm down. Its like drinking a cup of coffee to take a nap. HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!
    CAR AIN'T GOT NO ROOF!!!!! - Young Dro

All difficult things have their origin in that which is easy, and great things in that which is small - Lao Tzu

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Maskmagog View Post

Maskmagog I remember your work from my Leaderboards thread. I got a lttle project I want to work with you on if you interested.

We need JasonSandwich to.
    CAR AIN'T GOT NO ROOF!!!!! - Young Dro

All difficult things have their origin in that which is easy, and great things in that which is small - Lao Tzu
    The following user likes this Post: Maskmagog

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by DECATUR PLAYA View Post
    Thats crazy. I thought I was the only 1 who couldn't sleep after a good night of racing. It takes about an hour to get your Adrenaline levels to calm down. Its like drinking a cup of coffee to take a nap. HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!
    Oh, yeah, absolutely! Happened several times to me as well, sometimes I just play a bit of CS:GO afterwards to calm down

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by DECATUR PLAYA View Post
    Maskmagog I remember your work from my Leaderboards thread. I got a lttle project I want to work with you on if you interested.

We need JasonSandwich to.
    I've been inactive within the game for a bit but no less a fan. Many mid-life commitments right now have put the wheel in the corner for the last few months. I've played with you a few times, Decatur Playa.

Maskmagog is the workhorse and the brains behind Project CALC. The only credit I should get is trying to further complicate things! I might be able to help with a project. I'll PM you my email address and we can talk.
    Last edited by JasonSandwich; 21-12-2019 at 23:00. Reason: misspelling
    Xbox One X - Thrustmaster TX and T3PA - Arizona (UTC -7h) - Check out the Randomizer Randomizer (thread) - ProjectCALC

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Weren't they tt events anyway? I agree - don't see the point of a high point count for a tt event. Races are entirely different.
    I believe the TT events were qualification rounds for later races.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: cluck, hkraft300

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I learned a lot of things in this thread, thank you so much.
    The following user likes this Post: DECATUR PLAYA