Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fast and Furious Game officially announced

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan van Beilen View Post
    I know very well the first Mafia game. I played it 5 times, as in fully played it through start to finish. lol

I know it too, but played it 7 years after release, it looked bad back then. Good game, but the looks haven't aged well after 2002(same goes for it's peers of course).

But even then couldn't care less about the(characters in the) cut scenes. They were bad in Driver 1 and Interstate '76 had stylized very low poly (character) cutscenes. Still those games are in the top of my best memories list of ALL driving games and that includes sims and the GTA series(of which all instances rank lower for me personally).

Here's hoping that there is no on-foot action. Because I still prefer the driving-only gaming of Driver to things like GTA. Even Driver SF's car hopping was a bit much for me(although it was done well and very funny at times). I'm just praying the driving part is engaging(AND not limited to chase and/or bumper cam).
    Last edited by MaximusN; 13-12-2019 at 16:22.
    Life's too short to front wheel drive
    DD1, Fanatec Universal Hub, SQ V1.5 Shifter, CS Handbrake V1.5 , V3 pedals, INNO3D 1080Ti, 3900X, 55" UHD LG/Vive, Denon AVR-3808

/// MaximusDoriftus (Steam)

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    Oh the irony. A game getting slated for supposedly poor graphics on a forum dedicated to a sim racing game, a genre notorious for the mantra "driving sims don't need good graphics"

I still regularly fire up 10rogue, Dungeon Keeper (1 and 2, though I prefer the purity and slightly worse graphics of the 1st one) and Magic Carpet and even in their day they didn't have the best graphics around. They are, however, enormous fun for me to play. It's amazing that I still shiver at the first sight of a T in a room when playing 10Rogue!
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // MSI GTX 980 Gaming GPU // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Fractal Design Newton R3 800W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // Acer Predator X34P 34" IPS 3440x1440 100Hz //
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Mad Al, MaximusN, Tank621

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cluck View Post
    Oh the irony. A game getting slated for supposedly poor graphics on a forum dedicated to a sim racing game, a genre notorious for the mantra "driving sims don't need good graphics"
    Exactly, this is not a sim racing game, the standards for this are expected to be much higher than in a sim racing game...
    The following 3 users likes this Post: bmanic, RyokoMaruyama, Silraed

Platform
    PC
    This game looks very good comparing to car games from huge corporate studios, for example The Crew 2, also it was designed for current gen consoles.
    Most AAA games after 2010 have nice graphics, remember L.A. Noire from 2011 or GTA 5 from 2013 which is today one of the most played multiplayer games.
    Gameplay, story and high fps are the most important in car-story driven games and when you add Fast and Furious actors in this game, it makes it very immersive.
    We are missing this type of games, only current game in this field is NFS series, back then along NFS we had Driver and Midnight Club.
    Story of the game will be created with help of Fast&Furious team and when we add SMS into equation, result will be great.
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Platform
    PC
    CPU: I7 2600k@5.0 Ghz | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 TI XC ULTRA | OS: Windows 10 64 bit PRO | MB: ASUS P8P67 DELUXE| RAM: 16GB Corsair vengeance LP | PSU: Corsair TX 750 | STORAGE: 1x 1 Tb + 3x 512 go SSD SAMSUNG | MONITOR Samsung T27B550EW 1920 x 1080 | Trackir 5 | Thrustmaster T300 599XX EVO 30 Alcantara Edition
    WMD 1 & WMD 2 Member

Platform
    PC
    It's probably getting a crap ton of flak since it isn't Smash Ultimate or whatever Nintendo fans want. I'm thinking maybe having this as the last announcement was not a good idea XD

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cluck View Post

I still regularly fire up 10rogue, Dungeon Keeper (1 and 2, though I prefer the purity and slightly worse graphics of the 1st one) and Magic Carpet and even in their day they didn't have the best graphics around. They are, however, enormous fun for me to play. It's amazing that I still shiver at the first sight of a T in a room when playing 10Rogue!
    BS. This is not at all accurate. Both Dungeon Keeper and especially Magic Carpet were definitely on par with other games of the time. In some aspects Magic Carpet was pretty evolved.. in others, not so much. Still, the point is, they were on par.

.. whereas this youtube video looks very much previous gen. Especially the extremely wooden characters and completely non-synced lips. Sure, it doesn't mean the game can't be fun.. heck it can be very fun for all I know, however when you do this kind of genre, good graphics are expected from the average Joe.. these are NOT good graphics (nor animation/physics for the various jumps/character movements etc).

In short: For a game slated to release 2020, this looks _extremely_ dated.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    Exactly, this is not a sim racing game, the standards for this are expected to be much higher than in a sim racing game...
    100% exactly this.
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Funny how a game is always judged by its trailer...
    We don't even know at what stage of the development that trailer was even made.
    On top of that the release is still 5 months away so a lot can be improved by then...all things at least WMD members should know...

...Bandai Namco pressure...(speculation but hey, it happened once...)
    Last edited by Konan; 13-12-2019 at 20:04.
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

DIY rig walk-through :

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nd-walkthrough
    The following 3 users likes this Post: cpcdem, MaximusN, Stitrek

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    Funny how a game is always judged by its trailer...
    We don't even know at what stage of the development that trailer was even made.
    On top of that the release is still 5 months away so a lot can be improved by then...all things at least WMD members should know...

...Bandai Namco pressure...(speculation but hey, it happened once...)
    Agreed, but, well, we can only judge by what we see...And very often trailers are done in a way that are actually better looking than the real game...
    Anyway, who cares what us sim racers say, let's hope the target audience for this game does enjoy it and make it a success, so we can also look forward to a great PCARS3!
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Asturbo, Konan