Thread: Doubt with log (sms_stats_addon)

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Doubt with log (sms_stats_addon)

Hello,

In the log of the dedicated server there are a field in the events registry called "is_valid". It can be 1 (true) or 0 (false). Some of the laps are recorded with "is_valid:0". Have I to assume they are "cuttracked" laps? Or are they invalid for some other reason? I thought laps with cut track was not recorded at all.

Thanks

Platform
    PC
    unfortunatelly its a simple rule.
    Valid or not.

no info why, like e.g. invalid cause
    driver is drunk
    driver sucks
    driver is on Saab
    just kidding
    Every car could be a race car, as long as you have the balls to drive it like that !

System MSI Mortar Titanium B450 | CPU Ryzen 5-3600x | RAM 32GB DDR4 | GPU RTX2080ti 11GB | OS Win 10 pro x64 V1903 | Screen Samsung KU6179 4k 49"
    Base Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer | Rim 458TX, GTE, T500RS Rim, TS-PC | Pedals Fanatec CSPv3 | Gearshifter TM T8HA | Button Box BBJ SimRacing 30F pro series
    HMD Oculus CV1 / HP Reverb | Motion Next Level Motion V3
    Devil's Core - Drivers Club ( german language )
    Closed Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/941216635916992/

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    That is what I told to my colleages in my league, but I wasn't sure despite not finding any additional info in that invalid laps. They complain that many laps are tagged as invalid without reason. But I don't think it is without reason...

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Don't you have replays of the races? You can check them and see if there were really cuts.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    In our championship, qualifying takes place along the week, from monday to saturday. Best laps are registered in our leaderboard in order to build the grid on sunday for the race. That leaderboard only shows valid laps, and some drivers complain about laps they say that are valids but log shows as invalid. I am sorry for them, but we will continue showing only laps tagged as valid in log.
    Last edited by Doberk; 18-12-2019 at 12:40.
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem

Platform
    PC
    did you try to export the logs to simresults ( simresults.net )
    Somewhere in the forum, there was a hint what to modify in one luascript to let i work with simresults.
    Afair, there are also entries with timecode, when there were accidents or cuts.
    Every car could be a race car, as long as you have the balls to drive it like that !

System MSI Mortar Titanium B450 | CPU Ryzen 5-3600x | RAM 32GB DDR4 | GPU RTX2080ti 11GB | OS Win 10 pro x64 V1903 | Screen Samsung KU6179 4k 49"
    Base Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer | Rim 458TX, GTE, T500RS Rim, TS-PC | Pedals Fanatec CSPv3 | Gearshifter TM T8HA | Button Box BBJ SimRacing 30F pro series
    HMD Oculus CV1 / HP Reverb | Motion Next Level Motion V3
    Devil's Core - Drivers Club ( german language )
    Closed Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/941216635916992/

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Yes, I did. In fact we use it to show race results. I made my own app which is able to show best laps in real time, and I use it for the leaderboard. However, I use the api from simresults for race logs because it can show a lot of data, including cuts and graphs. It would take a lot of time developing it myself.

When I tested simresults for the first time I realized that simresults used to show laps than my app doesn't. The cause was those invalid laps, simresults shows them and my app doesn't.